Sometimes you just want to stay in an amazing place nearby the beach, just 200m. This is it. Charming, tidy and modern, 13 lovely mountain and sea view apartments and studios.
Syia is a small family run hotel, which is located 60 km from Chania, in the picturesque village of Sougia in south-western Crete, and offers lovely mountain views (a few apartments have sea views too) and invites you on a journey of comfort and relaxation. Here, quality, convenience and Cretan hospitality contribute to make your holiday unforgettable.
Sougia Village is one of the most laid back and refreshingly undeveloped beach places along the unique south coast of Crete, with a lovely wide curve of sand and pebble beach and a few taverns where you can enjoy excellent traditional food as well as fresh fish. As a bonus, there is an excellent pizza restaurant by the beach.
A walk to nearby Lissos is almost a must. Lissos was a very significant town in ancient times and there are still many ruins left, particularly an Aesculap (Asklipios) sanctuary. The walk to Lissos and back takes about 3 hours at a leisurely pace. The atmosphere in Lissos is so peaceful that it is well worth spending time there, wandering around the ruins and enjoying the silence.
Driving up (by bus early morning or by taxi) to the village of Agia Irini and walking down through the gorge of Agia Irini is also a very nice walk. It takes circa four hours.
This is your place if your love hiking, exploring, good food, relaxing, swimming in some great beaches and visiting some great sites.
Markos, the manager, is helpful, friendly and very professional. He runs a tight ship and it works well.
- Hotel Name: Syia Hotel - Sougia Village
- Area: Chania, Sougia
- Why Go: Countryside,Family-Friendly,Friendly Environment,Quiet Location,Relaxed,Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- Superb yet unobtrusive service with his quick thinking and impressive array of contacts, Marcos can arrange anything in 5 minutes flat
- Maybe the best hotel in this lovely part of Crete.
- Really personal service and friendly welcoming atmosphere - many guests are return visitors.
What to know
- Rooms on the top floor have more privacy and a better view.
- The rooms are keeping a high standard, especially given the remote location and in comparison with local competition.
- We recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
- Often full in July and August.
- It would be wise to fill up your car before visiting Sougia. The nearest Gas Stations are in Agia Irini, Kantanos, and Palaiochora, which are 19km, 27km, and 32km away.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||13||Cheap & Chic :|
|Pool:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Breakfast||Young Couples :|
|Children:||Welcome||Village Atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November to March||Architecture & style :|