These villas combine the best of two, perhaps even three or more, worlds! Sea-front, with a step ladder for you to climb in and swim, as well as your own seawater heated pool. A lush, luxurious, and original surprising touch: a walk-through bathroom from poolside to master bedroom.
Your Thalassa Villa is part of the St. Nicolas Bay Hotel bouquet of hospitality, so whenever you wish you can simply walk (50m - 3 minutes away) to the hotel and enjoy its restaurants, cafes, spa, large pool, and all the facilities.
Thalassa Villas - there are only 6 - are exclusive. A master bedroom with exotic walk-through shower region, and two (or three) other bedrooms with extra bathroom shared between them. One of the bedrooms, a single room, has a view from a small window above a writing table where perhaps a budding writer or reticent teen could, while gazing across the pool to sea, write in a secret diary or to an awkward love.
The villas have a most functional kitchen with all the equipment you could wish for and a separate room for your suitcases and extra general closet space, keeping your villa spacious and uncluttered.
Satellite TV and a CD player for a touch of opera, Frank Sinatra, or an upbeat moment from the Fania All-Stars before you mix a drink for the evening’s poolside, sunset enjoyment.
You can stay here, just... stay! Perhaps one day you feel a change of tempo is in order? Walk into town - Agios Nikolaos’ centre is just a 10-15 minute stroll along the water’s edge – and drink your coffee at "Migomis" above it all with a little (Crete never really is) formality, looking down to the lake, the harbour, and the islet at its mouth. Or just have a drink to prepare for a meander around the shops as there are certainly some good things to buy here.
If you have dined - if you wined and dined - take a taxi (take it easy) back to the villa. Give the children a video to watch, or perhaps they'll join you for the story of the day by the pool, as one of you kindles a rich, full-bodied cigar and lets a brandy warm the palate. Rest, enjoy, savour while the pool reflects and the sound of the sea soothes and the night sky reminds you this is good.
- Hotel Name: Thalassa Villas
- Area: Lasithi, Agios Nikolaos
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Beautiful Terraces and Gardens,Design,Lovely Views,Private Pool,Quality of Service,Quiet Location,Romantic
Why we like it
- These villas combine the best of two, perhaps even three or more, worlds!
- Your Thalassa Villa is part of the St. Nicolas Bay Hotel bouquet of hospitality, so whenever you wish you can simply walk (50m - 3 minutes away) to the hotel and enjoy its restaurants, cafes, spa, large pool, and all the facilities.
- You can stay here, just... stay! Perhaps one day you feel a change of tempo is in order? Simply, walk into town - Agios Nikolaos’ centre is just a 10-15 minute stroll along the water’s edge.
- Sandy beaches, limestone gorges, Minoan sites, Orthodox monasteries – even an uninhabited island! – are all within easy reach.
What to know
- It is far from cheap and it is stunningly pretty.
- Hiring a car will allow you to explore the area better... should you wish that.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Villas||Nice atmosphere :|
|Rooms:||6||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||Private Pool||Marvelous view :|
|Dining:||No||Quality of Service :|
|Closed:||November to March||Family :|