description Book now
The Far Out South Crete - Enjoy Cretan Mountains & Libyan Sea - Private Tour, this is an authentic adventure tour to experience the wild southern beauty combining perfectly the Cretan mountain with the Libyan sea.
- Full Day
- Trekking & Hiking
- Cretan Villages
- Wildlife & Nature
Going through magnificent remote villages and viewpoints we will arrive at the Imbros gorge – an easier alternative to the famous Samaria Gorge.
A 3-hour trek through beautiful scenery and some spectacular very narrow passages.
Spring is a really lovely time to walk through Imbros because there are many wild and endemic flowers and Cretan nature is just amazing.
Walking in the summer is great too since the gorge is shaded and as you are going down on a gentle path you are not going to suffer too much from the heat. But please note that, once you get past June you will miss all the beautiful flowers that grow in the cliffs.
You will then have plenty of time for a relaxing break and -why not- a swim in the crystal-clear waters and the opportunity for an authentic gastronomic experience in one of its local tavernas.
Loutro is such an incredibly soporific place, where there's absolutely nothing ( ... almost ) to do but eat, drink and laze - and where you fast lose any desire to do anything else.
*There is also the possibility that your local guide will accompany you during the trek – please inform us if necessary.
After this experience, you will wave your goodbyes to the magnificent Sfakia region and will return to Chania with memories of a lifetime!
The relative easiness of this gorge makes it an ideal walk for families with children.
- You will meet your local guide at your preferred location within the Chania town region. Your private day trip will start by going through magnificent remote villages and viewpoints before arriving at Imbros gorge – an easier alternative to the famous Samaria Gorge.
- We will enjoy a 3-hour trek in Imbros Gorge through beautiful scenery and some spectacular very narrow passages while your local guide introduces you to the Cretan fauna and flora.
- Next stop the magic of the Libyan sea. We will embark on a ferry that will take us to the beautiful bay of Loutro. We will then have plenty of time for a relaxing break and -why not- a swim in the crystal-clear waters.
- Bliss, we will enjoy a delicious lunch in one of Loutro’s seafront tavernas, while the local guide talks you through the turbulent history of the region.
- At the end of the tour, our mission will be accomplished – you will leave with enjoyable memories and a much better understanding of Cretan nature and ‘’the beauty of the south’’.
- PLEASE NOTE: As this tour involves walking through a gorge, trekking shoes are recommended, please do not forget your towel, swimming suit, sunglasses, and sun hat. The relative easiness of this gorge makes it an ideal walk for families with children.
- 1 adult – 420 euros per person
- 2 adults – 230 euros per person
- 3 adults – 180 euros per person
- 4 & 5 adults – 155 euros per person
- 6 & 7 adults – 140 euros per person
infants 0-3.99 years old: free of charge
youth 4-12 years old: 40 euros per child
Persons per private tour: min 2 adults – max 7 persons
- personal pick up and drop off with flexible start time
- private sightseeing tour with a local insider guide
- transfers in a fully airconditioned car/van
- entrance ticket to the gorge
- boat trip ticket Sfakia- Loutro-Sfakia
- traditional Cretan lunch (including drinks)
- all taxes
- personal expenses
Suggested Start time
Chania center or from your hotel - please indicate your pick up point when booking
( for pick up points 15km+ away from Chania's center, an additional fee will be charged)
+/- 10 hrs (not fixed)
- Participants are encouraged to bring a hat, sunscreen, swimsuit, beach towel, for the swim stop.
- For the optional hiking part solid sneakers or light hiking shoes are required.
- Walking sticks are provided on request, at no charge.
- Up to 2 days prior to the excursion’s date - no cancellation fees
- Less than 2 days prior to the excursion’s date - 100% cancellation fee
The reviews for the The Far Out South - Exploring Amazing South Chania
Reviews ( 1 )
Crete is absolutely amazing, but nothing is better than a magical vacation like having a truly one-of-kind guide to take your trip to another level. Forget the tourist route and enjoy an amazing experience in south amazing chania. This tour gave us some of our best travel memories (and definitely our best travel meals!). Hope to see you again soon.