description Book now
Sail, savour and experience Greek high end cuisine in lovely Crete.
- Full Day
- Gastronomy (Wine Tastings & Cooking Workshops)
A smooth, great sail for about an hour, “escaping” from crowded places while an introduction to the Mediterranean diet is held by professionals.
Natural beauty, clear waters, and tranquility is the ideal scenery for this session.
A dive is essential, while our chef begins.
Just in time, wish you a tasteful trip!
We choose carefully our destination, emphasizing safety and calmness. Natural beauty, clear water, and tranquility is the ideal scenery for our session. A dive is essential, while our chef begins. Just in time, wish you a tasteful trip!
Research has shown that the traditional Mediterranean diet reduces the risk of heart disease. In fact, an analysis of more than 1.5 million healthy adults demonstrated that following a Mediterranean diet was associated with a reduced risk of death from heart disease and cancer, as well as a reduced incidence of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.
- €160 per person
- Nonrefundable: €140 per person
- Group/family offer for the whole yacht with the activity: €950
- Requirement: At least 6 persons
What is included
- Full day of sailing aboard our yacht 14-15 meters. Full inventory including dinghy, outboard and snorkeling equipment
- English speaking Greek certified skipper during the whole trip
- 4 double to use for changing room. 2 shared bathrooms/showers
- Towels, insurance
- Mineral water, refreshments, juice
- Full culinary experience including wine and olive oil tasting
- Desserts, coffee
- All taxes & fees
What to bring
Only your personal staff. Yachts are fully equipped.
The menu offered might have slight differences from the one described. The menu is subject to seasonal availability. Carefully chosen daily our bioproducts and fresh ingredients.
- 10:00 : As soon as the guests arrive on the yachts in Heraklio Old Venetian port, a small briefing concerning safety regulations as well as boat handling will be given by the instructor/skipper on the yacht. We set sails for the nearby island of Dia (around 6 miles ~1 hrs). Our experienced crew will help our guests feel comfortable while sailing (not motoring). Enjoy the silence, while the yacht moves only by sails.
- 11:00 : We drop our anchors in a protected cove of Dia island which belongs to the Natura 2000 project. A refreshing dive in the crystal clear water is a must.
- 13:00-15:00: It is time for the culinary experience. A brief introduction includes: - Cretan Raki, a variety of local cheese, home made bread, and paximadi (dry bread), olives. Olive-oil tasting. - Appetizer: Cretan “dakos”, “boureki” ( a type of pastry filled with eggplant and feta cheese), fava beans, octopus, mussels in steam. - First dish: Pasta (spaghetti or risotto with seafood and roe (bottarga). - Main: Grilled sea bass with rosemary. -Wine: Three different high-quality wines that perfectly accompany our menu. - Dessert: Homemade jams, pies with honey, fresh figs, -Dessert Drink: Dessert wine from sun-dried grapes.
- 17:00 : As the sun declines, we set sails to the marina, wishing only to meet the pair of dolphins on our way.
- Check out at 18:00
The reviews for the Culinary Experience, Day Sailing In Crete
Reviews ( 1 )
Best experience during our stay in Heraklion for 3 nights. Delicious food, friendly staff .... enjoyable swimming in crystal waters of Dia Island.