description Book now
Sailing Trip in Chania, spend the day sailing around beautiful Chania Bay, Crete on a sailboat.
- Full Day
Sailing Trip in Chania, Crete ... sea breezes, a dramatic shoreline, secret beaches, more than 300 days of sunshine per year, and some of the Mediterranean's clearest waters make Crete a real paradise for sailing.
Consider a sailing private tour to explore areas of shore and small islands not accessible in any other way, a sunny Summer day spent on the water soaking up the Mediterranean sun, swimming, and snorkeling in crystal clear waters.
A memorable sailing experience awaits you in picturesque Chania, Crete.
This is your sailing tour - cruise, this is a relaxed day out in the blue Cretan sea, with a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40ft, with a maximum speed of 7.5 mph and a capacity of 8 - 10 people.
Our destinations are beaches and small islands around Chania bay such as Maherida, Theodorou, and Lazaretta. Beaches and isles so close to Chania, yet, reaching them by boat gives a whole new perspective and uniqueness to them.
Absolutely, the weather will always determine the direction we will follow and sail.
The Sailing Experience
We embark from the Old Harbour of Chania at 10.00 am and in less than an hour, we are on the small beach of Maherida with its crystal clear waters. You can swim and go snorkeling admiring the undersea beauty. This tiny little shore, hidden from the wind and untouched by man, reminds us of the absolute Cretan seashore beauty.
The northern wind blows our sails and we will sail towards the beautiful island of Thodorou. In two hours, we will have our second stop. While you will be swimming next to the Cretan wild goat (kri-kri) and among other animals that can be seen on the island. In the meantime, Nikos the captain will prepare a light snack savored with wine or beer under the shade of the boat tent.
Anchor up and we set sail again! Our next destination is Lazaretta island. There you can again enjoy the beautiful underwater view and we highly recommend swimming all the way to the island’s small sandy beach.
At 17:00 pm anchors down, back at the Old Harbour where our sailing trip is over.
Our way back home offers unique views ... of the Egyptian Lighthouse prevailing in the old Harbour and a panoramic observation of the harbor and the Venetian buildings bathed in the warmth of the afternoon light.
The boat is crewed with one of the best English-speaking skippers in Greece, who is an experienced professional and will turn your sailing day cruise into a unique and memorable experience, the highlight of your holiday in Crete.
During our sailing trip and several stops for a swim, light snacks and of course wine (bottled), beers, or soft drinks will be served.
Prices per tour
~ up to 2 people: 650 Euros per tour
~ up to 4 people: 695 Euros per tour
~ up to 6 people: 770 Euros per tour
~ up to 7 people: 820 Euros per tour
~ up to 8 people: 1060 Euros per tour
~ up to 10+ people: 1200 Euros per tour
- English and German speaking skipper. Russian can be arranged upon request.
- Finger food, water, wine or beers, and fruits (which is more than enough)
Transport from/to the hotel – required for hotels out of Chania town.
But if you need any kind of help or assistance with the transfer we will be happy to help you.
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40ft, with a maximum speed of 7.5 mph and a capacity of 8 - 10 people
+/- 7 hrs
Suggested Start Time
- 08 days or more prior to tour: no penalty
- 07-02 days: 50%
- 01 day or less: full charge
- In case the specific tour chosen can not materialize because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, clients will be able to reschedule for another day or will be offered a replacement tour. If the options offered are not accepted by clients, the tour is canceled and is fully refundable.
- We retain the right to cancel a tour in case of non-sufficient participation – since we run each tour for a minimum of 4 persons.
- All our trips are private, for companies, families or friends. But if you are a couple or on your own and wish to co-travel with other people, please contact us and we will try to find other individuals for you to share aboard.
- The boat is absolutely safe, equipped with life jackets etc. Usually, the youngest ones enjoy the trip even more than the adults :). For babies, there are beds also where they can have a nap, in case of nausea we can provide you with travel-sickness pills but it is recommended (and better) to have taken them 2 hrs earlier.
The reviews for the Daily Sailing Trip In Chania - Crete
Reviews ( 4 )
Hello! Thank you the sailing experience was great!!! Well organized, beautiful place and the food was absolutely stunning! Thanks a lot
Such a great sailing experience during our stay in Chania Crete with Nikos a very professional skipper, extremely friendly and proud to share his knowledge about the history and his island. Quality and good selected food and drinks. We enjoyed our sailing day on the boat very much and hope to come back again in the future!
The highlight of our amazing holiday in Crete was our day sailing trip in chania with Nicos sailing boat. It isn’t just about the places we visited, but mostly about Nicos hospitality, who truly made this experience unique. We highly recommend this sailing cruise.
We had the most fantastic day with Nikos - the feeling of being on a cruise with a family friend was the impression we had during our sailing trip. Thanks for the best day in a long time