description Book now
This a short day sailing private tour in Chania, Crete. You are on holiday and you love sailing?
- 1-4 Hours
Then this is the best sailing trip, appropriate for sea lovers, seeking a touch of maritime adventure during their Crete holiday, this is a relaxed day out in the blue sea, with a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40ft, with a maximum speed of 7.5 mph and a capacity of 8 - 10 people.
" ... smell the sea, and feel the sky let your soul & spirit fly, into the mystic ..."
This is your best sailing short day private tour, appropriate for sea lovers, seeking a touch of maritime adventure during their Chania, Crete holiday, this is a relaxed day out in the blue sea, with a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40ft, with a maximum speed of 7.5 mph and a capacity of up 8 - 10 people.
The western part of Crete, which is also the southernmost point of Europe is ideal for sailing cruises providing numerous, picturesque small bays and hidden beaches, that you could discover.
We will leave Chania Old Venetian Port in the morning and sail in the gulf, to swim in clear turquoise waters and visit remote, tranquil shores with two stops for swimming. A light lunch will be served on board.
The boat is crewed with an English-speaking skipper (20 years of experience in the sea tourism section), who is an experienced professional and will turn your sailing day tour into a unique and memorable experience. He is a passionate sailor with love and respect towards the sea, and he loves his guests, doing the best for having a memorable experience on board.
Prices per tour
- up to 2 people: 410 Euros for half tour ( for 2 stops )
- up to 4 people: 485 Euros for half tour ( for 2 stops )
- up to 6 people: 510 Euros for half tour ( for 2 stops )
- up to 7 people: 530 Euros for half tour ( for 2 stops )
- up to 8 people: 580 Euros for half tour ( for 2 stops )
- up to 10+ people: 650 Euros for half tour ( for 2 stops )
- English, German-speaking skipper (20 years of experience in sea tourism section)
- Light lunch on board [ soft drinks, beers, a small snack (finger food) and fruits ]
Transport from/to the hotel – required for hotels out of Chania town
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 40ft, with a maximum speed of 7.5 mph and a capacity of 8 - 10 people
+/- 4 hrs
Suggested Start Time
- 08 days or more prior to tour: no penalty
- 07-02 days : 50%
- 01 day or less: full charge
Good To Know
- All trips are private, for companies, families or friends. But if you are a couple or on your own and wish to co-travel with other people, please contact us and we will try to find other individuals for you to share a board.
- The boat is absolutely safe, equipped with life jackets, etc. Usually, the youngest ones enjoy the trip even more than the adults. For babies, there are beds also where they can have a nap, in case of nausea we can provide you with travel-sickness pills but it is recommended (and better) to have taken them 2 hrs earlier.
- In case the specific tour chosen can not materialize because of weather or other conditions beyond our control, clients will be able to reschedule for another day or will be offered a replacement tour. If the options offered are not accepted by clients, the tour is canceled and is fully refundable.
- We retain the right to cancel a tour in case of non-sufficient participation – since we run each tour for a minimum of 4 persons.
The reviews for the A Day Out Sailing - Chania - Short Day Private Tour
Reviews ( 3 )
Such an outstanding sailing experience during our stay in Chania. Nikos our skipper was so helpful and knowledgeable. Thank your very much for organizing this for us Yiannis.
Absolutely a perfect day with delicious food, great sailing, and one of the best skippers, host. Nikos was so kind and very patient and we learnt a lot from him about sailing. In addition, he took us to ridiculously beautiful spots for swimming. We all loved Crete and this was the best part of it. Worth every penny. Thanks a lot.
Many thanks for contacting us Yiannis and organizing this excellent private sailng trip in Chania. We started in the old harbour of chania and Nikos showed us interesting buildings and told us historical facts of times long ago . We were swimming in small beautiful bays. He brought al kinds of drinks and fingerfood for lunch . We recommend this trip for a unique sailing experience. Many thanks Yiannis and Nikos