description Book now
Koronekes Olive Mill, nearby Spilia and Archanes Village. The good health and longevity of the Cretan people is owned to the traditional Cretan diet.
- Small Group
- 1-4 Hours
- Gastronomy (Wine Tastings & Cooking Workshops)
- History & Culture
The Cretan diet is considered to be the most representative and qualitative example of the so-called Mediterranean diet. It is based on olive oil, vegetables, fruits, legumes grains and wine.
Maybe it is time to learn more about the precious essential Cretan Organic Olive Oil?
This the best olive oil tasting tour in Crete ... according to our valuable guests' feedback!
From the tree to the bottle, you will find out everything about extra virgin olive oil. How are the olives harvested? How is the olive oil produced? What is the difference between First Cold Pressed and Cold Extraction? What should an extra virgin olive oil taste like? Discover our naturally flavored oils with fruits and herbs from our Estate.
Experience how the family-owned Koronekes Mill produces one of the best olive oils in Crete. It is one of the rarest private exploitation in Crete to be equipped with its own mill.
Koroneces Olive Mill presses their own olives, on the estate, at their mill built in the heart of their land in order to guarantee an exceptional product and to ensure constant and diligent control over the entire production.
Koronekes aims to be in harmony with Nature and the environment. Their goal is to produce a natural and healthy product having undergone careful handling from the tree to the bottle. Strictly controlled production methods allow no additives at any stage of the process.
In order to preserve their trees from the scorching summer heat, we irrigate with a drip system tailored to meet the olive trees’ needs. No water is wasted through evaporation or run-off. They protect olive trees against the olive fly in a natural way with the products that have been approved by the EU.
Fertilizations are controlled and moderated according to the tree's needs. Most of the fertilizer we use is natural and comes from the olive paste itself that we call "Pyrina". Once totally dry, the paste can be spread into the fields.
These and much more you could learn and experience during your visit at Koronekes Olive Mill.
Please ask us for contact details in order to arrange your visit to Koronekes Mill.
- The tour starts in Koronekes courtyard, surrounded by olive trees. Looking at the trees, we will talk about our organic farming and how the olives are harvested.
- Then, we will enter the olive mill where we will explain how extra virgin olive oil is made. Showing and explaining all the machines, you will learn about the traditional method of First Cold Pressed. We will also explain the modern method of Cold Extracted.
- Afterwards, we will go to the tasting table where we will first analyze what is extra virgin olive oil and how to buy olive oil. We will tell you about acidity and the other values that make olive oil exceptional. We will explain what to look for on a label.
- Finally, we will taste the 3 qualities of extra virgin olive oil we produce according to the principles of the organoleptic analysis. We will also taste 2 of our flavored oils such as lemon zest or basil, sweet Cretan vinegar, and Petimezi (grape syrup).
- We will, of course, be happy to answer any questions you have.
- At the end of the tasting, we will give you a 40ml bottle of olive oil as a souvenir.
- 10.00 Euros per person
- Τours are usually private tours (up to 6 people per visit)
- For larger groups, please contact us
- See how organic olive oil is made
- Learn the differences between the traditional pressing of olives and the modern cold extracted method of extracting olive oil
- Learn and see how Koronekes cultivates its trees
- Learn more about organic farming
- learn about the acidity of olive oil
- Taste 3 qualities of extra virgin olive oil
- Taste 2 of flavored oils such as lemon zest or basil, sweet Cretan vinegar, and Petimezi (grape syrup)
- 40ml bottle of olive oil
- take a walk in the olive groves
- If you come from October to December you will have the opportunity to see us working
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any products will be bought from the Koronekes Mill
- Transfer to/from Koronekes Olive Mill (upon request)
~ 1 hour
- Koronekes Olive Mill is opened Monday to Friday from 9 am to 2 pm, but the tours are by appointment only.
- Please contact us by clicking the "BOOK NOW" button below.
Good to know
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Animals are allowed
- Λanguages: English, French, and Greek
Cancelation Policy :
- A cancellation must be done 48 hours before departure.
- In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made from CreteTravel.com.
- If a tour is canceled due to a few participants or bad weather conditions, CreteTravel.com will refund 100% of made payments.
The reviews for the Koronekes Olive Mill
Reviews ( 8 )
We drove to the koronekes olive mill nearby Archanes and it all worked our great! One of the highlights of our trip in Crete! Thanks!
Hello Yiannis,We had an amazing time visiting your mill! I thought the experience was better than expected. I loved that is was just the two of us on the tour and you gave us a good amount of time to ask questions. You will definitely see me again in Crete someday :) Thanks again!
Kalimera Yianni, Apologies for the delayed response. The group had a fantastic time despite all the last minute changes. They enjoyed Koronekes and all purchased goodies. Thank you for all the flexibility with the transfers and chopping and changing. Everything worked out a treat and look forward to working with you again in the future. All the best,
We enjoyd a great visit to the farm. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodated a last minute request for a tour and tasting. The tasting was really very interesting. Thanks again for your warm welcoming and for creating such wonderful products.
Such a wonderful tour from Popi, a great person. The olive oil is excellent and for sure we will buy these products in the future.
This was an absolutely amazing experience being guided around the small factory, the family are super knowledgeable and the tasting is superb. Absolute highlight of our holiday and a must-visit on your next trip to Crete.
Our best experience in Crete. We tried quite a few olive oils after learning about their way of production (traditional) and we purchased a few bottles as well so the experience stays with us for longer. All the best to this hard-working family, a high recommended olive oil tour. Many thanks for accommodating us.
We decided to combine our visit to Knossos Minoan Palace with a visit to Koronekes Bio Olive Mill. Lovely Kiara explained us everything about olives cultivation and olive oil. Take some time to discover , taste and listen what Kiara has to say. A pure pleasure. Highly recommended. Many thanks yiannis for organizing this tour for our family.