description Book now
Full Day Boat Trip To Elafonissi Beach in West Crete, and discover this majestic peninsula and beach of exotic beauty and Natura 2000 protected area.
- Full Day
- Speedboat Trips
Elafonisi is a magical place that consists of a small islet full of white and pink sandy beaches, which is very close to the main busy beach.
The island is full of sand dunes with sea daffodils, jupiners, the endangered loggerhead sea turtles, and some more rare animals and plants. Therefore it is strictly forbidden to remove any plants, animals, shells, and sand from the area of Elafonisi.
You can get to the Elafonissi island on foot because the waters are shallow, sometimes without even getting one's toes wet, and therefore is ideal for families with small children. It is named by the word "Elafi", which means deer in Greek because people years ago discovered that you can get easily to the islet on foot like a deer that walked to it.
Our full day trip starts in the port of Sfakia at approx 10h00 am. and we head west, past Sougia, we make our first stop in the secluded creek of Lissos.
From the small, pebbly beach we can take a short walk to the back of the beach to the ancient temple of Asklepios (the god of medicine) and drink water from the springs said to have magical healing powers.
From here we move on to the well-known beach of Elafonissi: the pink-white sand and turquoise blue water are truly magical. After a refreshing swim, we visit the nearby Cedar forest beach ("Kedrodasos"), a more hidden haven for more quiet moments. Again, the contrast between the clear blue water and the pure sand offers us unique moments!
We stop for lunch in a family tavern in Paleochora, where we taste local Cretan delicacies.
On our way back, we can stop in Loutro for a last coffee (can be arranged) before ending our trip in Sfakia at approx 18h00.
Please note that weather conditions are not always suitable for this trip.
Price for 1-9 persons: 850,00€ (all year)
- boat rental
- captain and fuel for the above route and duration
- soft drinks/water on board
- lunch & drinks
- personal expenses
- Duration: approx. 8 hours
- Boat used: Marvel 250hp RIB
- Maximum number of people/boat: 9 + 1 captain (10 total)
- Sunshade available onboard: Yes
- Number of beaches visited: 2-3
- Suitable for children: Yes
- Lunch stop: Yes
- If you cancel a reservation due to personal reasons up to (not incl) 15 days before the reservation date, any paid amount is fully refunded.
- If you cancel 15 days (incl) or less before the reservation date, NO amount is refunded.
- PLEASE NOTE: For ALL reservations between 15/7 and 15/9 (inclusive) if you cancel due to personal reasons during these dates, NO refund is possible (no matter the cancellation date).
- If weather conditions are too severe, our partner will judge if it is not possible to provide you with the boat trip.
- Weather conditions are determined 1-4 days before the reserved date.
- The reservation date can be modified, depending on availability.
- Please note that weather conditions in the area of Chora Sfakion can be different than in other areas.
The reviews for the Full Day Boat Trip To Elafonissi