description Book now
Meet The Minotaur. Visit the Palace of Knossos and the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion to discover Europe’s earliest city and civilization.
- Full Day
- History & Culture
This is the ‘’must do’’ tour for history lovers.
Visit the Palace of Knossos and the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion to discover Europe’s earliest city and civilization.
Begin our 2-hour road trip to Heraklion (from Chania town) and head to the Knossos Palace for a private guided tour with our enthusiastic professional guide.
Admire this true archaeological masterpiece and learn all about the legends and history of the Minoan civilization.
After this inspiring tour, head to the Archaeological museum regarded as one of Europe’s most important museums that bring together archaeological finds from all over Crete, covering over 5500 years of the island’s history. Our professional guide will talk you through the most important collection of Minoan antiquities.
You will then have time to explore Heraklion’s city center with your local guide and enjoy lunch in Crete’s seaside capital before heading back to Chania in the afternoon.
- We will meet at your preferred location within the Chania town around 09.00 am (flexible time)- region and we will head towards the East side of the island, towards Heraklion town.
- After a 2-hour road trip through the north coast of Crete we will arrive in Knossos Minoan Palace, where we will have plenty of time to admire this true archaeological masterpiece following the map and the information you will be given by your local guide. To complement this tour, you will also receive a mini iPad tablet that through virtual and augmented reality, you will see a representation of the site as it was before, in real-time.
- After this inspiring tour, head to the Archaeological museum regarded as one of Europe’s most important museums that bring together archaeological finds from all over Crete, covering over 5500 years of the island’s history.
- You will then have time to explore Heraklion’s city center with your local guide showing you around the main highlights of the town.
- This tour would not be complete without a delicious lunch in one of Heraklion’s seafront tavernas.
- At the end of your tour, our mission will be accomplished – you will leave with enjoyable memories and a much better understanding of the Minoan civilization and the capital city of Crete.
PLEASE NOTE: As this tour involves walking, comfortable shoes are recommended, please do not forget your sunglasses and sun hat. *Please do inform us in advance if you wish to book an extra professional guide for a private guided tour of the Knossos palace and/or the archaeological museum.
- 1 adult – 380 euros per person
- 2 adults – 210 euros per person
- 3 adults – 155 euros per person
- 4 & 5 adults – 135 euros per person
- 6 & 7 adults – 115 euros per person
infants 0-3.99 years old : free of charge
youth 4-12 years old : 40 euros per child
Persons per private tour: min 2 adults – max 7 persons
Chania center or from your hotel - please indicate your pick up point when booking
( for pick up points 15km+ away from Chania's center, an additional fee will be charged)
Total duration: 10 hours
- personal pick up and drop off with flexible start time
- private sightseeing tour with a local insider guide (excluding the archaeological sites)
- 3D audio tour for visiting the Knossos palace
- transfers in fully air-conditioned car/van
- entrance tickets for the Palace and the Museum
- private guided visit with a professional guide (visiting the Palace and the Museum) – extra cost: 150 euros in total (paid directly to the guide)
- food and drinks
- personal expenses
Booking terms - Payment terms
- All excursions are available upon request.
- Booking at least 2 days in advance is necessary.
- Up to 2 days before the excursion’s date - no cancellation fees
- Less than 2 days before the excursion’s date - 100% cancellation fee
The reviews for the Meet The Minotaur - Private Tour