description Book now
A 4 hour afternoon cruise to the Island of Kokokitha and sightseeing around the island of Spinalonga in order to enjoy watching the sun going down into the sea along with good friends and of course enjoying the cretan hospitality (with raki and cretan mezedes).
- 1-4 Hours
- Speedboat Trips
This is the best speedboat cruise in cruise, a unique experience to enjoy an afternoon diving in the blue waters of the Kolokytha Island, sightseeing around the island of Spinalonga and a spectacular sunset.
We will explore the eastern side of the Kolokitha's island, diving from the boat into the crystal blue waters around the Spinalonga island, watching the sun going down into the sea along with beloved friends or your family, enjoying the Cretan hospitality and delicious food.
We sail from Agios Nikolaos at approximately 17:00 pm. We explore every bit of the Gulf of Kolokytha. On the way, we stop at beautiful beaches for a refreshing afternoon swim in the sea and then we pay a visit to the island of Spinalonga (sightseeing around the island). We then go for a swim at the unique pebbled beach of the picturesque village of Plaka. At 19:00, we rest and have lunch at the Elounda bay area. We dive into the crystal clear waters. We rest on the golden beach. We enjoy the sun and the immensity of the Aegean Sea while we explore the seabed as we approach the old lighthouse at the edge of the island of Crete. Moreover, we watch the sunset of the Aegean Sea before we return to Agios Nikolaos at around 21:00 pm.
Please note that the schedule may be modified upon your request.
What you will discover here
The island of Spinalonga. The first signs of settlement date back to Minoan times. In 1579 during the Venetian occupation of Crete, the Venetians built a fortress on the island to guard the bay of Mirabello. In 1715 the Turks, who occupied Crete for almost 200 years took over the fortress. Between 1900 and 1957, it served as a leper colony. At present, the island is an open-air museum.
The village of Plaka is a small picturesque village located about 16 km north of Agios Nikolaos and 5 km north of the sophisticated resort of Elounda. It is an old fishing village with a few taverns located by the shore and various kinds of accommodation. Plaka features lush green surroundings while retaining its natural beauty. There is a beautiful square where all the locals and tourists gather during the day.
Hidden Caves. This extraordinary trip is full of surprises. While sailing by picturesque beaches, secluded rocky coves, and hidden caves you may come across beautiful dolphins, rare turtles and various types of birds.
Our yacht is a Cranchi 34 Zaffiro (built-in 2007, 11.25 m, berth, 2 cabiins, and 1 WC) yacht which, is designed so that the voyager becomes one with the big blue.
1100.00€ per day
5% Early Booking Discount (at least a week before) & 5% OFF for all repeaters guests
4 hours (17.00 – 21.00)
Professional Skipper and Hostess, Champagne, Refreshments and Fruit, Autopilot, Chart plotter, GPS, TV/DVD, Air conditioning, Generator, Wi-Fi, Meal Menu, Drinking water, refreshments, Snorkeling and fishing equipment, Passenger and Yacht insurance, Cleaning, Fuel, 24%VAT
All passengers should bring their own beach towels.
What Should I Bring
Not too much? In Summer you live in your swimwear. But surely you need a sunhat, sunglasses, thin clothing to protect for the sun (daytime) or mosquitoes (evening), sandals and of course your camera. Musical instruments are always welcome during the meal. Do not take with you shoes with black issuing soles.
- A warm welcome with champagne and fruits,
- Free water, refreshments, and fruit through the whole journey
- Main Course: Meat or fish, Cretan delicacies, salad, dessert
Mask – Flippers for underwater explorations, inflatable Toys for the children and the older ones Every passenger has his own beach towel.
Food & Wine Proposal
- We welcome you with a glass of sparkling white wine and an assortment of Cretan in-season fruits.
- During the cruise, you will enjoy fruit salads with Cretan in-season fruits.
- Light meal, assortment of hors d’oeuvres
- Bread bites with anchovies marinated in olive oil, garlic, vinegar, Cretan aromatic herbs and capers.
- Bread bites with Cretan “Galeni” cream cheese, slices of Cretan apaki and cherry tomatoes.
- Rusk with grated fresh tomato, feta cheese, olive oil, and oregano
- Mini skewer with cheese, cherry tomatoes, and olives
- Bread bites with pure virgin olive oil produced by Manolis’ olive groves, Cretan salt and oregano from the village of Dories.
- You may complement your meal with organic wine from “Domaine Zacharioudakis”, beer or refreshments.
- Greek yogurt with various sweet preserves (cherry, fig, sour cherry, pistachio, and bergamot)
… a couple of shots of homemade Cretan raki, produced by Manolis.
The reviews for the Afternoon Yacht Cruise to Kolokitha Island Enjoying The Sunset