- Sports lovers can spend a lot of time in the hotel's fully equipped gym ( no instructor’s supervision ) or playing tennis, a floodlight tennis court is available, and professional tennis training staff provides lessons for beginners. Lessons are available on request at a reasonable extra charge.
- At Hotel's large games room, guests may find table tennis, board games (i.e. chess, backgammon, and decks of cards). Billiard/pool tables are also available (extra charge).
- A wide range of sports and activities are organized by the Hotel's International Animation team. Such activities include competitions, games around our pool, etc. At night, music and entertainment shows are arranged and performed in our open-air theatre.
- Discover the city of Agios Nikolaos. The church of Agios Nikolaos has given the multi-faceted town its current name. The famously deep "lake" is a natural congregating point for waterfront cafes and eating places. Shops cover a range of styles, interesting items can be found on sale in the town center. Cafes cater to tastes from regular nightlife to a literary bent.
- Nearby attractions include Kritsa village and Katharos plateau - and the wonderfully scenic "corniche" coastal route to Sitia. Good beaches within the town and on the east coast.
- Chrissi or Gaidouronisi is called the small island in the south part of Crete. This is the island with the famous white-pink sandy beach. Take the boat from Ierapetra 35km from Agios Nikolaos, for a daily cruise to this small paradise.
- Enjoy a full-day excursion at the palm forest of Vai on the eastern side of Crete. This is the only palm forest in Europe and it ends up on a nice sandy beach, one of the best on the island. Please note that the beach is full of sunbeds and umbrellas and also full of tourists (early morning, late afternoon, spring, or end of Summer is highly suggested).
- On the way back don't miss visiting the Toplou Monastery to admire the view. This is one of the most well-organized monasteries, that produces olive oil and also excellent quality wine.
- Take the boat from Elounda or Plaka for a mini cruise to Spinalonga island, an ex lepra colony. Spinalonga became even more famous because of the book " The Island". If you decide to visit the island, we suggest you come here early in the morning or late in the afternoon because of the high temperate during the day.
- If you like hiking we would propose Richtis Gorge which is one of the most beautiful trails in Crete; The entrance of the gorge is at Exo Mouliana village, which is located on the Agios Nikolaos - Sitia national road near Sitia. The gorge ends at a secluded beach. It looks like a jungle, with a path, old bridges, ruins, a waterfall, and the beach at the end. the hiking takes about 3 hours. If you decide to pass the gorge, arrange a taxi to pick you up from the beach.
- If you think of a full-day excursion, it worths visiting Sitia and then goes for swimming to the spectacular Vai beach, a beach with fine sand, pebble, crystal clean water, excellent for snorkeling. At this sandy beach, you will not feel alone, it is very crowded in the summer. The area is famous because of the palm forest which is unique on the island and the biggest in Europe. On the way back, stop to the monastery of Toplou, just to admire the view
- For more uplifting activities in East Crete!
- Check-in: 15.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
How To Get There
Miramare Villas & Suites are located in an idyllic setting at the top of a hill looking over the Almyros beach just 1 km away from Agios Nikolaos.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter and scheduled flights to Heraklion airport (61km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
If you love traveling by ferry, reserve a flight to Athens and then from Piraeus port to Heraklion or Chania by ferry. It takes about 8 hours and the ferries are good. Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Miramare Resort has a main restaurant where all the meals are offered. An a la carte restaurant, next to the pool, with a wide range of local and international flavors, a snack bar for beverages and refreshments, and a lounge bar for cocktails and drinks. Miramare Villas guests can use the hotel's facilities
- Internet Access: Free WiFi throughout
- Swimming Pool: each villa has a private pool and the suites that are called "suite with private pool". Suites with sea view use the 3 outdoor hotel's main pools
- Spa Treatments: in-room massage and spa treatments available on request
- Meetings/Functions: Miramare Resort offers 4 conferences halls with a maximum capacity of 720 persons and can they cover also the catering
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English, Russian
- Parking: Parking place just outside of your villa and at the Hotel's parking place for the suites guests