- The Island Concept Design Hotel offers carefully designed activities:
- Feel awaken and recharged by taking up the nutrition masterclass, trying antigravity or classic hatha yoga. Enjoy our private fitness classes and outdoor gym. If you are a water sports enthusiast, we got you covered with a series of SUP lessons.
- Detox your body at our luxurious boutique spa
- Have even more fun by joining the DJ or Instagrammer star workshop.
- Stun your friends and family using what you learned at the molecular mixology workshop.
- Immerse in the vibrant Cretan culture by attending the Minoan workshop.
- Get even more in touch with your romantic side by joining our night sky star experience, guitar evening or simply enjoy an astounding movie night at the open-air cinema.
- The Island Concept in Lasithi, Crete, offers an intimate, high-end, healing, spa experience, since it has joined forces with the Germaine de Capuccini beauty products and services, creating a unique restful space, designed carefully so you can detox, destress and rejuvenate fully. Inspired by the organic uniqueness and purity of the Greek islands, the hotel's boutique spa delivers a thoughtful, caring, and posh self-care experience. Germaine de Capuccini offers a wide range of exclusive services worldwide, using top-notch, innovative cosmetic science. The extensive therapies menu include exfoliation and wrap treatments that ensure your resurgence, healing massage sessions that leave you reposed and of course, cutting-edge skincare technology body and facial remedies.
- In addition, shaped by Starpool’s experience, SweetSpa accommodates up to two people and has revolutionized the concept of wellness. The charm of a distinctive ambience; the elegance and purity of the essential lines for a complete wellness experience, a true SPA in less than 3 square meters. Combining the age-old history of the Arab hammam, the tradition of the Roman baths and, in particular, the benefits of the Turkish bath, Starpool has created new places devoted to body care. The Starpool steam bath is the result of constant technological innovation: new, harmonious ideas that offer superior air and steam quality.
- Water Sports & Diving activities are offered in nearby Almyros beach.
- Get Fit: The modern open-air gym with an anti-gravity yoga installation invites you to enjoy fitness and stay on track by squeezing a quick (or not) sweat session, while on vacation. The laid-back atmosphere, the lavish services available, and the coveted vibe of the resort create an intimate ambiance, ideal for honeymooners and couples.
- Agios Nikolaos itself provides all the shops from clothes and gifts to news, book and paraphernalia shops to cafes, attractive bars above and around the "lake" and harbor to a range of restaurants covering many tastes.
Enjoy an amazing cruise and explore every bit of the Kolokytha’s gulfs. You will dive into the crystal clear water of Mirabello Bay, rest in the golden beach, visit Spinalonga Island and swim to the unique pebbled seashore of the picturesque village of Plaka.
- Or an alternative option could be a Sea Kayak exploration of this unique, great place.
- Explore and you can visit villages on the road to Sitia - one of the most scenic coastal roads anywhere. The fine monastery of Toplou beyond Sitia merits a visit....perhaps with a pause in Sitia itself. In the other direction pass through Elounda and carry on to Plaka for fresh fish at the water's edge, with the Pasolini-esque view of Spinalonga island opposite.
- Explore the traditional Cretan villages of Kritza and Mochlos and enjoy a lovely lunch as both are famous for this. At Kritsa Village a worth visit is the archaeological site of the ancient city of Lato one of Crete's few non-Minoan ancient sties. And why not ... here at Kritsa Village, you can order a pair of Cretan boots for postal delivery at Detorakis one of the best shoemakers.
- From Kritsa it is a 16km climb up to the spectacular Katharo Plateau, which is cultivated by people from Kritsa, some of whom have homes here.
- The area around Elounda offers excellent diving ... or Snorkeling in some ruins of the sunken ancient city of Olous, remaining in the sea.
- A list of Top 10 Must-See Attractions:
Archaeological Museum of Aghios Nikolaos
With beautiful antiquities from the Minoan Civilization and the Palace of Zarkos east Crete.
Byzantine Church of Aghios Nikolaos
The oldest Byzantine Church in Crete 7th century with beautiful frescoes at the entrance of the Hotel.
Village of Kritsa and “Panagia Kera”
Byzantine church. A very beautiful untouched village only 10 km from Aghios Nikolaos. The famous church of Virgin Mary with unique architecture and beautiful frescoes and old icons.
The Plateau of Lassithi
The mountain of Lassithi and the Plateau of the Wind Mills with the cave “Diktaion Andron” where Zeus, King of Olympic Gods, was born.
Spinaloga island with the Venetian Castle
A beautiful excursion by boat in the Mirabello Bay.
Kri – Kri Island
Just across the bay 2 miles from the Hotel. A natural reserve of the rare wild Cretan goat Kri – Kri.
The ruins of Minoan Palace of Malia
The ruins of the Minoan Palace of Malia and the excavation site.
The Byzantine Monastery of Toplou
The Byzantine Monastery of Toplou nearby Sitia Town with famous icons collection unique in the world. Producer of excellent wine, Virgin Olive Oil, and Cretan Raki.
The Knossos Palace
Home of the legendary King Minos with the Labyrinth and the King’s treasures at the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion. A unique collection of frescoes, paintings, jewelry of the Minoan civilization 2000b.c.
The Beaches of Vai (palm beach) and Palaikastro
Both awarded by the European Union among the 100 best beaches in the world.
About 3km north of Vai is the ancient Minoan site of Itanos, It may appear fairly desolate today, but this was an important site.
- Customs & Festivals
- The “Lato” summer cultural events, the festival of Agios Nikolaos on December the 6th, as well as the Resurrection and the burning of Judas on stage in the center of the lake in Agios Nikolaos.
- The Resurrection at Toplou Monastery in Vai.
- The summer cultural events and the Free – Fish Night in October at Elounda.
- The festival of the Metamorphosis on August the 6th in Zakros.
- The cultural events “Kirbia” in July or August, and the traditional festivals on August 15th in Ierapetra.
- Three – day cultural events in August, the liturgy at the church of Kera on August 15th and the festival of Metamorphosis on August the 6th in Kritsa.
- The festival of Panagia on August the 15th in Neapolis.
- The cultural association of Tzemiado organizes cultural events throughout the summer season.
- The “Kornaria” cultural events in July or August, the festival of “Soultanina” in August and the festival of Prophet Elias on July the 20th in Sitia.
- More uplifting activities in East Crete here.
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
How To Get There
The Island Concept Boutique Hotel is ideally situated in a privileged setting, with spectacular sea views, just a few kilometers outside Agios Nikolaos.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter and scheduled flights to Heraklion airport (62km) or Sitia Airport (68km) or Chania Airport (209km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion Port (64km from the Hotel). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Smart drive from airport: wi-fi free in the car, virtual check-in and preordering services
- Personalized room romantic set up
- Private dining. Enjoy the luxury of a restaurant from the comfort of your room or the designated private dining areas. Let us coddle you with delicious food recommendations.
- A taste stroll at our splendid cocktail bar
- In-room spa treatments included in services
- Tailor-made menus and wine selection
- Concierge services
- Turndown, laundry and housekeeping services
- Suitcase packing/unpacking
- Shoe polishing service
- 24-hour room service (limited between 1 am and 6 am)
- 24-hour full-scale AV expertise and capabilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Dining: The resort’s restaurant and bar offer a bespoke culinary experience (a la carte menu), as every meal is a sophisticated pandemonium of Greek island goodness.
- Recreational: The small nearby beach offers quite the breathtaking view along with a once in a lifetime luxurious holiday experience of diving into the region’s azure crystal-clear waters, walking barefoot on the lucid sandy beach, or simply enjoy a private sunbath session.
- Internet Access: Free WiFi throughout (in public areas too)
- Swimming Pool: Seasonal swimming pool with stunning sea views
- Spa Retreatments: Small spa invites you to revive and rejuvenate yourself with hotel's Spa services. Escape the ordinary, restore a soul balance, and reinvigorate your body.
- Concierge desk for car hire, excursions, exchange and all kind of business and social arrangements
- Disabled Access: Suitable ( please ask for more details)
- Pets: Pet’s accepted (Restrictions apply)
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Complimentary parking
- Weddings: Concept Weddings & Celebrations services