- On the ground floor of the Villa Muses is a small art room with an exhibition of artworks and musical instruments, a small workroom, and a modern recording studio. This room is completely independent of the villa. The art room has is own separate entrance and no view of the villa. It is soundproofed in accordance with recording studio specifications.
- In addition, "The Pomegranate" is a small, meticulously appointed art gallery at the Mochlos Villas cultural tourism unit. The select or unique artworks on display include paintings, icons, jewelry, decorations, pottery, blown glass pieces, useful items, gifts, and handmade souvenirs.
- The concept of the gallery is based on local color. The art room is an interesting feature as an area of artistic creation, with guided tours available for all guests. Guests can also ask for more information and discuss matters of history, literature, music, and art with family members. The gallery is open from the beginning of June to the end of September, 18:00-21:00 every afternoon. If you would like to arrange a visit at a different time, please call +30 6973-733857.
- You can use Mohlos Luxury Villas as a base for excursions to fantastic beaches and islands, pretty towns and villages, exotic landscapes, important museums and monuments, archaeological and religious sites, and experience fascinating traditional events and fiestas and enjoy yourself in a wide variety of modern recreational centers. Yiannis the owner will be glad to advise you accordingly. Please just ask him upon your arrival.
- Since this year(2013) Mohlos Villas do have cooperated with a scuba diving center (this year's first time in Mochlos).
- Or maybe you would like to know more about stars, Mohlos Villas cooperate with an astronomer who offers the "starry nights" event in the villas (extra charged).
- These excursions offer many opportunities for beautiful moments of wonderful sights, intense emotions, and carefree relaxation you like hiking we would propose Richtis Gorge which is one of the most beautiful trails in Crete. The entrance of the gorge is at Exo Mouliana village, which is located on the Agios Nikolaos - Sitia national road near Sitia. The gorge ends at a secluded beach. This gorge looks like a jungle, with a path, old bridges, ruins, a waterfall, and the beach at the end. The hiking takes about 3 hours. If you decide to pass the gorge, arrange a taxi to pick you up from the beach.
- Visit the archaeological site of Mochlos, the American archeologist R.B. Seager discovered the archaeological site of Mohlos in 1907, after following the instructions of a local fisherman. The following year, the excavations began on the little island, which revealed 20 built tombs and about 12 habitations.
- The islet looks within swimming distance, especially when the weather is calm, but it is easier to arrange a ride with a local fisherman if you want to go over.
- During the Summer, the locals organize several social events such as fishing contests (especially during August) and if you're lucky, you might meet and participate in some of the events.
- In front of the small village, you will find the small sandy beach of Mochlos with clear waters. The beach is no organized but there are basic facilities.
- If you head to the east, you will find the second bay of the village, which is smaller and rockier. If you keep going east, after approximately 350m, you'll find several secluded small bays with round pebbles. The area is also ideal for snorkeling and fishing, as the rocky bottom is home to plenty of fish.
- Keep an eye out for sea urchins while bathing at Mochlos: they flourish in the clear, unpolluted water( the mini-market sells protective plastic shoes). In the mornings, you'll see divers collecting them for restaurants along the coast, which serve up the roe as achinosalata - a much-prized delicacy.
- Visit the nearby village of Tourloti (7.5km) a real paradise with its small kafenia but with fine views. If you want some more gorgeous view, you must go up to the central church of the village, from where you can see all the Mirabello's Bay, Agios Nikolaos, and Elounda. If you are a fan of the rural and country-side life of Greece, then you should visit this cosmopolitan village of Sitia Province, and meet the beauty of the eastern region of Crete.
- In the village of Tourloti during the summer period various events take place that you should not miss. During June, on an uncertain date, a festival for the medlars takes place. This kind of festival started in the last decade and only in Tourloti. At that time you can have a good time, drink a lot of rakis (local drink of Crete) and taste plenty of medlars. Also, a traditional band is always there for your entertainment. In July another festival takes place that lasts two days with traditional music and dances. During August various shows take place, this includes theater nights, concerts, and traditional band and dances.
- Maybe one day on your way to Sitia, just beyond the village of Skopi, you will come to a track signed left for the Faneromeni Monastery. After a partly asphalted around 5 km track you will approach this monastic church overlooks a gorge near to the sea, standing as a metaphor for recent Cretan history, the church has been battered but still stands unbowed. Unfortunately, most of the frescoes have been destroyed.
- Mochlos Donkeys, yes take time and discover Crete at a donkey's pace. Experience a different adventure walking with Karina's and Sandrine's long-eared friends and discovering the lovely nature of the hills surrounding Mochlos village.
For more activities in More uplifting activities in East Crete.
- Check-in: 15.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
How To Get There
Mochlos is a quiet destination less than 90 minutes' coast drive from the main airport at Heraklion and 45 minutes from pleasant Sitia in the east. Agios Nikolaos with more bustle, more shops, restaurants of all prices, its combination of "lake", harbor, and the in-town beach is 30 minutes drive away.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter and scheduled flights to Heraklion airport ( 98 km from the villas) or Chania airport (251 km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
If you love traveling by ferry, reserve a flight to Athens and then from Piraeus port to Heraklion (103km) by ferry. It takes about 8 hours and the ferries are good. Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: The villas have a most functional kitchen with all the equipment you could wish for delicious meals. Mochlos village has tavernas that enjoy a good reputation for fresh fish and seafood. We highly recommend Bogazi Tavern.
- Internet Access: Free WiFi throughout
- Swimming Pool: Each villa has its private pool surrounded by sunbeds and sunbeds.
- Spa Treatments: Not available
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Are allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Private parking is offered on-site