- During your stay at Mochlos Mare Apartments, visit the archaeological site of Mochlos, the American archeologist R.B. Seager discovered the archaeological site of Mohlos in 1907, after following the instructions of a local fisherman. The following year, the excavations began on the little island, which revealed 20 built tombs and about 12 habitations.
- The islet looks within swimming distance, especially when the weather is calm, but it is easier to arrange a ride with a local fisherman if you want to go over.
- During the Summer, the locals organize several social events such as fishing contests (especially during August) and if you're lucky, you might meet and participate in some of the events.
- In front of the small village, you will find the small sandy beach of Mochlos with clear waters. The beach is no organized but there are basic facilities. If you head to the east, you will find the second bay of the village, which is smaller and rockier. If you keep going east, after approximately 350m, you'll find several secluded small bays with round pebbles. The area is also ideal for snorkeling and fishing, as the rocky bottom is home to plenty of fish.
- Keep an eye out for sea urchins while bathing at Mochlos: they flourish in the clear, unpolluted water( the mini-market sells protective plastic shoes). In the mornings, you'll see divers collecting them for restaurants along the coast, which serve up the roe as achinosalata - a much-prized delicacy.
- Visit the nearby village of Tourloti (7.5km) a real paradise with its small kafenia but with fine views. If you want some more gorgeous view, you must go up to the central church of the village, from where you can see all the Mirabello's Bay, Agios Nikolaos, and Elounda. If you are a fan of the rural and country-side life of Greece, then you should visit this cosmopolitan village of Sitia Province, and meet the beauty of the eastern region of Crete.
- Maybe one day on your way to Sitia, just beyond the village of Skopi, you will come to a track signed left for the Faneromeni Monastery. After a partly asphalted around 5 km track you will approach this monastic church overlooks a gorge near to the sea, standing as a metaphor for recent Cretan history, the church has been battered but still stands unbowed. Unfortunately, most of the frescoes have been destroyed.<.p>
- Mochlos Donkeys, yes take time and discover Crete at a donkey's pace. Experience a different adventure walking with Karina's and Sandrine's long-eared friends and discovering the lovely nature of the hills surrounding Mochlos village.
- More uplifting activities in East Crete.
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy:
Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount to confirm the reservation.
No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied.
The Balance amount is to be paid directly to Mochlos Mare Apartments at the time of stay.
Credit Cards are not accepted at Mochlos Mare, you have to pay in Cash.
- Cancellation Policy:
Up to 4 weeks before arrival - full refund.
After that period, the deposit is not refundable, in addition, if you cancel.
Not arriving at the hotel for your booking: the full balance will be charged (at the hotel's discretion).
Departure before booked departure date: at the hotel's discretion, the full balance may be charged by the hotel.
MHTE: 10 40 Κ 12 2Κ 00823 0 0
How To Get There
The small and hospitable Mochlos Mare is located on the edge of Mochlos Village with views to the sea midway between Sitia and Agios Nikolaos.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Sitia (35km from the village) and, more frequently, to the capital Heraklion (101km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion Port (101km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: The Silignaki family enjoys offering their guests some of the produce they grow and are warmly welcoming. The charming barbecue/lounge area in the garden is the hub for many festive "raki" moments! Enjoy those evening conversations you'll remember with joy.
- Internet Access: Wi-Fi Internet
- Swimming Pool: Not available
- Communal areas: Extensive garden planted with vineyard, palms, cacti, roses, and Mediterranean shrubs.
- Meetings/Functions: Not suitable
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: The complex has its parking just across it