... and why not as Crete, is the warmest and sunniest part of Greece, this is an ideal place for long term winter rental. -
- Pasiphae House (up to 9 people ): 185 m2, enclosing a 60m2 courtyard with a 100m2 top terrace., two-story house (4 double bedrooms, 1 sofa/single bed in the dining room, 2 bathrooms)
The house has been restored with exquisite details and is furnished with selected pieces from Neoclassical Greece and paintings of well known contemporary Greek artists.
First level: Spacious living room with fireplace. Separate dining room with 2 sofa-beds, 1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (with shower), 1 bedroom with small double bed, with bathroom (with shower) next to it. Large courtyard terrace with views. Kitchen: fully equipped, with 4-ring stove & oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, fridge, table, and chairs for 8 people.
Second level: Twin bedroom (beds together or apart) - this bedroom does not have a closing door to it (however, it is at the top of its own private flight of stairs). Small wooden balcony & roof terrace.
Note: The bedrooms are at the far ends of the house, with the central areas (living room & dining room) between them, while the courtyard extends to the whole house front. The kitchen can be accessed also from outside (the courtyard). This layout allows the possibility of more privacy/independence if the house is rented by a group of relatives or friends.
- Persephone House (up to 8 people - 4 adults +2 children +1 extra bed): 150m2, 40m2 ground courtyard, 70m2 upper terrace, and a 50m2 top terrace and comprises 5 main rooms -3 of which double bedrooms and 1 sofa/double bed in the red Living Room of the Ground Level - 2 baths 1 WC
This 18th-century historic mansion has been recently renovated with exquisite taste and luxury converted into a leisure home of the Cretan countryside. It extends at 150m2 on 3 levels, with courtyard and terraces on each level, capturing panoramic views to the sea.
It extends at 150m2 on 3 levels, with courtyard and terraces on each level, capturing panoramic views to the sea. On the ground level, there are two double bedrooms and sitting (ante) rooms in front of each of them, opening to the central courtyard (like in ancient atrium), two bathrooms and a kitchenette stand. The grand living room is equipped with a sofa/double bed. On the Upper Level, reached by an outside stone chair and an interior wooden one, there is a grand living room, which opens to a 70m2 terrace. This family room is open all around with doors and windows, with two sitting/eating corners, a water closet, and a fully equipped, modern designed kitchen. The couch next to the interior stair is converted into a double bed. From the terrace, an outside stone stair leads to the 3rd level of the house, a 45m2 top terrace, capturing panoramic views to the sea and the village.
This house can accommodate up to 8 persons, in 3 double bedrooms and one sofa/double bed, 2 bathrooms and 1 WC.
The house offers WF Internet and Satellite TV.
The Kitchen is fully equipped for the preparation of meals with modern electric apparatus, smart utensils, and cutlery. There is a four ring electric stove, oven, full-size refrigerator with separate freezer, a dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, toaster, water heater, etc.
- Smaragda House (up to 4 people): 56 m2, one-story house (1 double bedroom, sitting room with double- bed sofa, 1 bathroom)
Spacious oblong living room with fireplace and an eating corner, furnished with a stylish couch that easily converts into a double bed, 1 double bedroom with a bathroom ( with shower ) next to it. There is a side courtyard of 17 m2 with a second gate door. An exterior stair leads to another view terrace 45 sq.m. with splendid views to the Libyan sea.
Kitchen: Fully equipped with a 4-ring stove & oven, refrigerator-freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine, toaster, electric kettle
Note: In front of the house extends another village house in ruins (in a lower level), mixing up antiquity with today's life.
All Houses :
Views across the sloping landscape to the Libyan sea from the terrace & balconies.
Air conditioning, fireplace, central heating, mini-stereo with CD player, TV, VCR, DVD player, hairdryers, iron & ironing board.
Laundry room (at Pasiphae) with washing machine and dryer for use of all guests.
Parking at 15m from the house.
Telephone & internet services available only at both houses
- Please, find more images of houses and check prices here!
Cooking here is a pleasure. The fully equipped kitchen-diner offers you all the facilities in order to prepare your local products based on meals.
Upon arrival, you will find a welcome basket filled with local products and all the necessary to prepare your first breakfast (milk, coffee, tea, eggs, cheese, honey, jam, butter) and all kinds of spices, oil, and raki.
Do you prefer to eat out? In the central square of the village, you will find a small taverna and a mini-market. Another restaurant that is famous for its food is located at the entrance of the village.
Kids of all ages are always welcome at Dorovinis Country Houses.
Pasiphae house is more suitable for big families.
- Near the south coast, 16 km from Ierapetra town and beach. Anatoli village dates from Venetian times, with many Byzantine monuments in the area. Most of the houses in the village are old or restored, it is a protected settlement (no eye-sores other than the unavoidable power cables!). Walking the paths amongst the houses and observing some of the old relics (like the fountain outside Kallirhoe) takes you back in time. An excellent taverna, perched in a green, elevated area above Anatoli.
- You can hike up to the caves, walk to and around the village. The roads are quiet and there are many trails.
- For archaeology here are some of the sites nearby which you may wish to visit: Spilion Psathi is just above Anatoli- these are caves. Between Nea Myrtos and Myrtos (on the south coast to the west), about 20 km from Anatoli, you will find Minoan Settlements. About 8 km to the east of Ierapetra, on the coast near Ferma, you could visit the Ancient Fish Tanks.
- There are many Byzantine monuments in the area to see as well. Do not forget to visit the Byzantine churches of the area and dedicate some time for a beautiful evening stroll.
- At the entrance of the village, there is a small farm that you can visit and taste organic products, go on donkey rides along the paths of the village or go on longer excursions for a picnic.
- Visit the nearby of Kalamafka and climb the steep steps, over the 220m of them to the cave of Timios Stavros on the summit of the rocky pinnacle of Kastelos for spectacular views.
- If you fancy stretching your legs even for a short stroll visit Sarakinas Gorge nearby Mythi. Further south you reach the coast at Myrtos. Just east of Myrtos is the ruin of Pyrgos, a Minoan hilltop villa reached by a path.
- Anatoli is also an ideal base from which to visit the surrounding area and Chrissi Island, from Ierapetra.
- Swim. The great Palm Beach of Vai features the largest natural palm forest in Europe. The Palm forest of Vai extends to approximately 600 acres and has 5,000 old trees. According to tradition, all these palms grew when the Arabs pirates threw the cores from the date palm they ate to the desert landscape of eastern Crete. During the summer months, it attracts thousands of visitors, and it is recommended the visit to take place either in the early morning or late at noon, while due to heat, you can find a shady place under the palm trees!
- Swim. Agia Fotia is maybe one of the favorite beaches of all Cretans. This lovely beach is formed at the mouth of a small stream that descends from the surrounding mountains. The bay is surrounded by high mountains and cliffs that create a magic scenery. The beach has coarse grayish sand and crystal clear calm waters. It's a little organized and there are few taverns and hotels around. You can find shade under the tamarisk trees of the beach.
- Swim. Galini beach is located 47km southeast of Agios Nikolaos and 13km east of Ierapetra. Galini beach consists of 2 coves with a distance of 100m between them. It has fine pebbles, calm clear waters and the seabed in some areas is rocky. The beach is completely unknown, mainly because it is protected by large rocks that hide it from the main road. It is suitable for isolation.
- Swim. At Kalo Chorio or Istron (just a 30min drive) are found two of the most famous beaches of Crete with azure waters, Voulisma and Agios Panteleymon. Voulisma is a sandy beach 700 meters long, unique in Crete for its white sands that make the water clear and exotic. The beach Voulisma is awarded a blue flag. Agios Panteleimon or Saint Panteleimon is a sandy beach and well organized with umbrellas, showers, water sports, etc. It is regarded as a good spot for windsurfing as well.
- Swim. The long beach of Koutsounari eastern of Ierapetra. We recommend the east part of the beach where there is a bay, called Psaropoula (after the superb restaurant). Psaropoula has soft sand and calm waters and many locals prefer to swim here. The sea here is usually calm and appropriate for a mask, due to the many rocks around.
- Hire a car and explore the stark and stunning far east of Crete: start at the sleepy town of Sitia, continue past Toplou monastery (forbidding exterior, welcoming monks), to the tropical palm beaches at Vai (crowded in summer) or Palekastro (less crowded, but less palmy); maybe Xerokambos and don’t miss the breathtaking ‘Valley of the Dead’ and Minoan ruins at Zakros.
- More uplifting activities in East Crete!
- Check-in: 15.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here!
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here!
MHTE: 10 40 K 05 0B 00356 0 1
How To Get There
Dorovinis Country Houses are located at Anatoli Village in east Crete which is near the south coast, 16 km from Ierapetra town and beach.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Heraklion (91km), Sitia (79km), and Chania (238km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion Port (90km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries from our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Cooking here is a pleasure. The fully equipped kitchen-diner offers you all the facilities in order to prepare your local products based on meals. Upon arrival, you will find a welcome basket filled with local products and all the necessary to prepare your first breakfast (milk, coffee, tea, eggs, cheese, honey, jam, butter) and all kinds of spices, oil, and raki.
- Swimming Pool: Not available.
- Spa Treatments: In-room massage and spa treatments available on request
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: A parking place is just a few steps away from the houses
- Heating: Central heating, fireplace, and air-conditioning