Your perfect base to discover this unparalleled part of Crete.
This complex is the modest princess of one of the most special places in Crete: Xerokambos.
An unparalleled scenic location, with bright airy houses, and refreshing quality at a low price. Just unique.
The hotel, created with quality, comfort, and simplicity, offers accommodation all year round.
All houses of Krinakia Villas have wondrous sea views and large terraces and private pools, each with its own unique, magnificent vantage. You will be surrounded by beautiful gardens, a relaxing atmosphere, and exceptional comfort.
It is a mere few meters walk (200m) from your house to the beach where you will discover little to distract from your relaxation and enjoyment, as the beach is always uncrowded and often empty.
Few places allow you to be in such close proximation to your own beach and the beckoning sea.
There are 3 types of houses: one independent villa (80m2, for up to 7 people, with two large bedrooms), two maisonettes (60m2, for up to 5 people, with one bedroom) and one ground-floor guest house (90m2, for up to 8 people, with two bedrooms).
Xerokambos, in the eastern part of Crete, is not in any way built up, so going out for a meal or a coffee or a drink allows for the choice of one of Xerokambos' several tavernas. One is only about 300 m away, others up to 2 km. Often, each taverna will coordinate and specialize their menu on a given night so that one may be grilling lamb, the other mainly chicken, and so on. We've found the quality of food to be very good.
600 m away is a mini-market, well-stocked with many foods and basic essential items.
The area has many caves and the splendid neighboring bay makes a magical picnic place. A better place to spend time right by the sea, in peaceful surroundings, and with a dramatic mountain backdrop, is hard to imagine.
It may be that all you need here is a book and suntan lotion. (Although something to wear while swimming or visiting tavernas may be useful!)
Do note that Xerokambos is a long way away from anywhere! It does take some time to get in and out of the area and you should allow for this if you intend to explore eastern Crete from here.
The only way to reach Xerokambos is by car.
Why We Like It
- Excellent quality residences with private pools, stunning sea view terraces, and an exclusive position on a long sandy beach.
- The extreme south-eastern coast of Crete is a gem with its topography of sweeping, cave-filled mountainsides, only breaking briefly for Xerokambos itself, before continuing toward two long, sandy beaches and great swimming locations in beautiful waters.
- A great base to explore lovely eastern Crete and places like Kato Zakros, Monastery of Toplou, Voila, Makrigialos, Koutsouras, Koutsounari, Achlia Beach, Agia Fotia Beach, etc.
Good To Know
- Hiring a car is a must and will allow you to explore the area much better.
There are three types of houses at Krinakia Villas, Xerokampos all of them with outstanding sea views and wifi internet.
- One (1) Independent Villa (80 m2) accommodating up to 7 people disposes terraces, private pool, barbecue set, and wood oven. Featuring two large bedrooms, one bathroom with bathtub, living room with fireplace and sofa used also as a double bed. There is also a fully equipped kitchen with a dining table, electric oven, dishwasher, and all the necessary household items (coffee machine, kettle, toaster, juicer, etc.). The villa is also equipped with TV, satellite TV, DVD player, radio/CD player, dishing-machine, and A/C in every room.
- Two (2) Maisonettes East & West (60 m2 each) are suitable for up to 5 people. Each maisonette has one bedroom, two bathrooms with shower, large terraces with a swimming pool and it is fully equipped (except the dishwasher and wood oven) just like the Independent Villa. Please note Maisonette has just BBQ, not a wood oven.
- One (1) Guest House - Apartment on the ground floor (90 m2) accommodating up to 8 people with its swimming pool, two bedrooms, one has a window view and double bed and the other is internal with two single beds and an electric fan, one bathroom with shower large equipped terrace with BBQ. This house situated right under the Independent Villa. It is comfortable and is similarly fully equipped to the other villas but without a fireplace.
No breakfast is available at Krinakia Villas.
But you have your own fully equipped kitchen to prepare your meals, snacks, and coffees and enjoy the stunning view from your terrace.
Xerokambos is not in any way built up, so going out for a meal or a coffee or a drink provides the choice of one of Xerokambos' several tavernas, one about 300 m away, others up to 2 km.
Often each taverna will specialize on any given night so that one may be grilling lamb, the other mainly chicken, and so on. The quality of the food we've found to be very good.
Kids are always welcome to Krinakia Villas.
Krinakia Villas is ideal for children of all ages because of the sandy beach with shallow waters.
- Xerokambos has many caves, the splendid neighboring bay making a magical picnic place. A better place to spend time right by the sea, in peaceful surroundings and a dramatic mountain backdrop, is hard to imagine.
- Except for the two beautiful beaches at Xerokambos worth visit as well as the Salt Lake or Alatsolimni a large salt lake which is dry during the Summer months and in the Winter floods with water and forms a small lagoon. The lagoon is an ideal refuge for many migratory birds such as flamingos, herons, etc. In Alatsolimni forms and a beautiful beach.
- Flowers lover, then you have to visit the beautiful isolated beach of Katsounaki. To get there you have to park and walk for a few minutes. Between the dunes sprouts the rare and beautiful white sand lily.
- West of the main beach beneath the small church of St. Nikolas in a small bay is the well-known beach of Argilos or Clay because of the clay that exists in that area. Here you will see people covered with clay to make the natural spa a sand bath and massage. Next to Argilos Beach is another superb beach of Gerontolakos with crystal clear waters and fine sand.
- Visit the Toplou Monastery which is located about 11km east of Sitia, one of the wealthiest, most beautiful, and most important monasteries in Crete. The historic monastery has a very special architecture with a square shape and it looks more like a castle.
- Small excursions should include the Kapsa Monastery above the gorge of Perivolakia (about 10 km east of Makrygialos) and the remains of the medieval village of Vóila.
- You can also make longer trips to the famous palm beach of Vaï (but don’t go in July or August when it gets sadly crowded), the lively seaside town of Agios Nicolaos on the northern coast, the Lasithi Plateau famous for its 7,000 (or so) windmills, or, closer to ‘home’, the island of Koufonisi, to see the remains of the ancient Roman theatre and to go for a swim from the wonderful sandy beaches.
- Sitia Town is an absorbing place to wander around, doing no more than enjoying atmosphere. The small narrow streets behind the seafront feature the everyday scenes of a Cretan provincial small town: villagers in to stock up on news and necessities and stores which cater to their every conceivable need.
- Go to Kato Zakros which apart from having one of the largest archaeological sites just by the beach, has a far-away peaceful, end-of-the-road beach and small seafront, with a handful of tavernas serving all the food that you could wish to enjoy by the sea. Here you will find as well the excavations of the Minoan palace at Kato Zakros and the so-called Gorge of the Death a unique destination for hikers and the end of the European Path E4.
- The Cave of Pelekita is situated at a distance of 5km northeast from Kato Zakros, and is one of the biggest caves in Crete with a length of up to 310m and occupies an area of approximately 500m2. The interior is unique as spectacular stone blocks alternate with the stalactites and the stalagmites that decorate it.
- Don't miss to enjoy the traditional, delicious cuisine at Platanakis Family Tavern at Kato Zakros.
More activities at East Crete.
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 7 nights, depending on the season
- PLEASE NOTE : For reservations less than one week (minimum 2 nights) a 20% will be applied to the above prices.
- Payment Policy:
Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount in order to confirm the reservation.
Deposit amount will be charged two weeks before your arrival.
No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied.
The Balance amount is to be paid directly to Krinakia Villas at the time of stay.
Credit Cards are not accepted by Krinakia Villas, you will need to pay the balance in CASH.
- Cancellation Policy:
Up to 15 days before arrival - full refund.
After that period, the deposit is not refundable and 50% of the total amount will be charged, in addition, if you cancel.
Not arriving at the hotel for your booking: the full balance will be charged (at the hotel's discretion).
Departure before booked departure date: at the hotel's discretion, the full balance may be charged by the hotel.
How To Get There
The small and hospitable Krinakia Villas located on the edge of Xerokambos Village with stunning views to the sea in east authentic east Crete.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Sitia (47km) and, more frequently, to the capital Heraklion (160km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion Port (165km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: No breakfast is available at Krinakia Villas. But you have your own fully equipped kitchen to prepare your meals, snacks, and coffees and enjoy the stunning view from your terrace. Xerokambos is not in any way built up, so going out for a meal or a coffee or a drink provides the choice of one of Xerokambos' several tavernas, one about 300 m away, others up to 2 km. Often each taverna will specialize on any given night so that one may be grilling lamb, the other mainly chicken, and so on. The quality of the food we've found to be very good.
- Internet Access: Wi-Fi Internet
- Swimming Pool: Private pool for each house
- Communal areas: Extensive garden planted with flowers, palms, etc.
- Meetings/Functions: Not suitable
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Small pets by arrangement
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: The complex has its parking