- Enjoy swimming and lazing ... The swimming pool (11 x 7m) with freshwater & hydromassage, cleaned by electrolysis (no chlorine or other chemicals used) is your first choice, and the lovely sea just across the street is your second superb choice as well.
- Sitia is an absorbing place to wander around, doing no more than enjoying atmosphere. The small narrow streets behind the seafront feature the everyday scenes of a Cretan provincial small town: villagers into stock up on news and necessities and stores which cater to their every conceivable need.
- And don't forget, one thing not to be missed, especially on Sundays, is the volta, when the whole town puts on its finery to parade in front of the neighbors, cafes, tavernas. If you want to see this "show" get a seat around six in the evening at a table adjacent to the road behind the waterfront.
- Aside from wandering the streets, sitting in Cafes, or lying on the beach you could visit the Folk Museum near Kapetanios Sifi near the OTE or have a look at the restored Venetian Fort which now used as an open-air theatre. Climbing down from here you can see the ruined remains of some Roman fish tanks, just along the harbor.
- If you would like to gain a better picture of the past, then you have to visit the Archaeological Museum, on the Ierapetra road, which contains a very interesting collection of finds from the area around and the palace at Zakros.
- Visit Agios Nikolaos and Ierapetra towns, numerous small villages (Mochlos, Tourloti, Kato Zakros), beaches (Vai, Kouremenos, Itanos, Xerokambos), Toplou and Faneromeni Monasteries, the scenic delights and stunning landscapes of the eastern part of Crete. Kouremenos is one of the best places in Greece for windsurfing.
- Or maybe you prefer to "escape" for a day .... you may cover a bit more of Crete's land and villages - on the drive to Kato Zakros, perhaps allow more for stops on your scenic route to enjoy the views and things of interest.
- Go to Kato Zakros which apart from having one of the largest archaeological sites just by the beach, has a far-away peaceful, end-of-the-road beach and small seafront, with a handful of tavernas serving all the food that you could wish to enjoy by the sea.
- Closer, it may be time to motor down to Vai beach and enjoy the pine forest...arrive early before the sightseers and then move on to Itanos, Roussou, or Petanou archaeological sites to get a sense of the age - a different age - of this area you are relaxing in, breathing in the pure sea air and enjoying perhaps, sunshine!
- More uplifting activities in East Crete!
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy:
- Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount to confirm the reservation.
- No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied.
- The Balance amount is to be paid directly to Sitia Bay at the time of stay.
- Visa and Mastercard are accepted by Sitia Bay
- Cancellation Policy:
- More than 30 days before arrival - full refund of deposit.
- Between 30 - 8 days before arrival - the deposit is not refunded and we will charge 50% of the total amount
- Between 7 - 0 days before arrival / no show - the deposit is not refunded and we will charge the full balance in addition.
- Departure before booked departure date: the full balance will be charged
How To Get There
Sitia Bay Hotel is located as Sitia's small and very hospitable town on the quiet east coast of Crete.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter and scheduled flights to Heraklion airport 128 Km. and also to Chania airport 275 km. In addition, the airstrip at Sitia has been upgraded to accept international flights in the summer. Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
If you love traveling by ferry, reserve a flight to Athens and then from Piraeus port to Heraklion by ferry. It takes 8 hours and the ferries are good. There are less frequent, slower sailings from Piraeus to Sitia. Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com.
- Dining: Welcome Pack on your arrival (a tray with coffee and tea bags, sugar, honey, a couple of jams and rusks) is 15.00 euros for 2 people. Continental Breakfast (served in your studio or apartment) is optional at 7.00 euros/person per day. No other dining facilities are provided.
- Internet Access: Free WiFi throughout
- Swimming Pool: Swimming pool (11x7m) with freshwater & hydromassage, cleaned by electrolysis (no chlorine or other chemicals used), large non-slip steps into the pool. Around the pool: non-slip tiles, sunbeds & umbrellas, shaded patios. Toilets & changing facilities.
- Fitness and Wellness: Sauna (5 euros per use) and Gym with 4 exercise machines, sauna (& shower), free for all guests.
- Disabled Access: There is an access ramp both at the front and back of the hotel. Special toilet by the pool. There are three steps to the pool. Elevator (for all guests).
- Pets: Pets are allowed on request. No extra charges.
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Private parking area
- On Request (Extra Charge): Daily Maid Service 10.00 Euros per person/day
- Opening Hours Reception: 08.00 - 20.00