Kastellos Village consists of two complexes, the Central Complex and Agatha Complex.
All houses – of all two complexes – are independent and fully equipped. They are built according to traditional architecture.
On the outside, beautiful stonework frames the dark green doorways and windows, further accentuated by the pastel strawberry and lemon walls. Add to this lovely tiled roofs and backdrop of the blue sky and mountains, and then you begin to understand why we were so smitten.
Inside the restoration is if anything, even more remarkable, with beautifully tiled floors, ceilings supported by huge beams interlaced with traditional bamboo linings and pale ochre-colored walls set off by elegant concealed lighting. Also, we do provide Wi-Fi internet in public areas. Each house has two floors and a private veranda with a panoramic view of the mountain and the sea.
Guests can choose amongst houses with one or two sitting areas, according to their needs. All houses are equipped with fully equipped kitchen (with kitchen appliances and utensils), bathroom with bathtub, WC with shower and one or two bedrooms with king-size beds. The houses combine harmoniously the traditional style with modern decorative elements, creating a warm and cozy atmosphere. For your convenience, all houses have A/C, fireplace and plasma TV. Every house can accommodate 4 to 6 persons. Each complex has two swimming pools, one for adults and one for children and an autonomous parking space. At the central complex of Kastellos Village, you will find the reception area and a traditional coffee house.
The Central Complex consists of four houses :
- Captain Antonis Apartment 110m2, capacity 2-6 people. It has one bedroom with one double bed. The main bedroom is allocated on the first floor, in the living room area, is the second double bed in a partially separated area and two sofas that can be used as beds, It is equipped with A/C, fireplace, internet access, and plasma TV. A spacious open plan living area, a small kitchen with beautiful old reclaimed tiled work surfaces and an elegant tiled bathroom, with a small bath. The kitchenette has a large fridge, a mini-cooker with four hobs, plus filter coffee machine, a toaster, an electric kettle, and a dining table.
- Anezina Apartment, 130m2, capacity 2-6 people. There are 2 bedrooms, the first one is on the first floor with a private bathroom and the second one is allocated on the ground floor. In the living room, two sofas can be used as beds. There is one balcony with furniture, situated by the pool with breathtaking views of the sea and the mountains, a second balcony on the first floor by the bedroom and a terrace for some amazing pictures. It is equipped with A/C, fireplace, Wi-Fi Internet access, and plasma TV. A spacious open plan living area, a small kitchen with beautiful old reclaimed tiled work surfaces and an elegant tiled bathroom, with a small bath. The kitchenette has a large fridge, a mini-cooker with four hobs, plus a filter coffee machine, toaster and electric kettle.
- Bardis Apartment, capacity 2 - 3 people. The bedroom is on the first floor with a private bathroom. In the living room, there is a sofa that can be used as a single bed. There is one balcony with furniture situated by the pool with breathtaking views of the sea and the mountains and a second smaller balcony on the first floor by the bedroom. It is equipped with A/C, fireplace, Wi-Fi Internet access, and plasma TV. A spacious open plan living area, open small kitchen with kitchenette, a large fridge, a mini-cooker with two hobs, plus filter coffee machine, toaster and electric kettle.
- Leonidas Apartment, capacity 2 - 3 people. The apartment is on the second floor overlooking the Complex. The bedroom has a double bed and a fireplace. There is one small balcony with furniture with breathtaking views of the sea and the mountains. The house combines harmoniously the traditional style with modern architecture, creating a warm and friendly atmosphere, in the living room there is a sofa that can be used as single bed It is equipped with A/C, fireplace, Wi-Fi Internet access, and plasma TV. A spacious open plan living area, open small kitchen with kitchenette, a large fridge, a mini-cooker with two hobs, plus filter coffee machine, toaster and electric kettle.
Agathe's Complex consists of four houses as well :
- Sofia Apartment, (75 sqm) is a cozy house built in a rock where it can be seen by the living room and combines harmoniously the traditional with its friendly atmosphere. It has 1 King size double bed and can take two more bunk beds in the living area. Sofia is combined in two levels of 5 steps difference to each level. By the bedroom, there is a big sofa and a small exit to a private balcony. Also by the entrance of the house, there is a dining table for having your breakfast or your lunch. For your convenience, it is equipped with A/C, Wi-Fi Internet access and plasma TV. A spacious open plan living area, open small kitchen where the kitchenette has a large fridge, a mini-cooker with two hobs, plus filter coffee machine, toaster and electric kettle. In the living room, you can find a dining table with four chairs and a comfortable sofa that can be converted into a single bed.
- Barbagiannis Apartment (120 sqm) is your Home Away from Home! Give it a day to get used to it and then you will not be able to leave. There are 2 bedrooms, where the main bedroom is on the second floor with a private bathroom and a private balcony and the second one is allocated on the ground floor in a room that makes you feel that you are in a cave. True experience! There is one big balcony with furniture situated by the pool with breathtaking views of the sea and the mountains. For your convenience, it is equipped with A/C, fireplace, Wi-Fi Internet access, and plasma TV. A spacious open plan living area, a small kitchen with beautiful old reclaimed tiled work surfaces and an elegant tiled bathroom, with a small bath. Delicate filigreed wood panels reminiscent of a Sultan’s harem are used as room dividers and the overall effect is one of history and romance. The kitchenette has a large fridge, a mini-cooker with two hobs, plus a filter coffee machine, toaster and electric kettle.
- Maria Apartment (135 sqm) is our second largest house also built in 2009 but with all the details and furniture of an old traditional Cretan house. The 2 double bedrooms with king-size beds are very big of size where each one of them has a private balcony. The other 2 single beds are situated on a loft just above the living room and for the cold nights(???) there is a fireplace but also central heating(extra charge).
In the house entrance, you will find a private veranda with tables and chairs among the 3 total balconies that are situated there. The Kitchen has a large fridge, a cooker with four hobs, plus filter coffee machine, toaster and electric kettle as in most of our houses. For your convenience, it is equipped with A/C, Wi-Fi Internet access in the living room and plasma TV in all the rooms.
- Anthoula Apartment (135 sqm) is an individual villa built-in 2009. There are 2 double bedrooms with king-size beds and another bedroom with 2 single beds. On the ground floor, there is a situated one of the double bedrooms and the 2 single bedrooms with a WC in the middle of them. Going up on the second floor you will end up in a very big living room and a balcony that probably you will spend quite a few times there since the views are just undesirable. The 2 sofas can turn into beds in case that there are 8 of you sharing the house and hat would not be a problem for the cooking facilities since the kitchen has a large fridge, a cooker with four hobs, plus filter coffee machine, toaster and electric kettle
- Please find more room photos and prices here!
All houses have a fully equipped kitchen to prepare your meal.
At the central complex of Kastellos Village, you will find the reception area and a traditional coffee house.
If you would like to try the local cuisine, Maria's taverna, just down the road is a must, the variety is not big, but the tastes and the quality are excellent.
Around the lake Kournas, and just by the seaside in Georgioupolis there are many eating places.
Children of all ages are welcome at Kastelos Village Houses.
The pool is popular with children of all ages.
For children up to 2 years old a baby cot is provided at no extra charge.
Kastelos could be a superb choice for children 4-12 years old. All houses are big enough to accommodate big families until 6 members.
- Kastellos is located at an ideal base to explore the west unique side of the island. Rent a car and enjoy the freedom and lovely nature of Crete.
- Visit the picturesque city of Chania that is considered as one of the most beautiful cities of Greece and despite its fast development, it has managed to preserve its original color and historical character. The old city, with the nice buildings and the narrow streets, is very well maintained and has preserved the charm of the Venetian and Turkish periods. The old city leads at the harbor, there at the north-east point, is the fort "Firkas", that today houses the Maritime Museum and to the west side of Firkas is the Venetian church of San Salvatore that houses the Byzantine collection of Chania. Opposite the Firkas fort, is the lighthouse, built on the 16th century. Walk to the lighthouse and admire the city from that point. Many exhibitions take place at the 'Mediterranean Centre of Architecture' that is located also here and you will be lucky to visit one during your stay.
- Rethymno is the third biggest city on the island, with a charming harbor and a massive Venetian fortress, which dominates the city and makes Rethymno very photogenic. The narrow streets of the old city, the graceful wood-balconied house, the ornate Venetian monuments, the minarets remind the history of the city. Here takes place every summer a cultural festival and also "the renaissance festival " which transfers the city into a medieval Venetian town and hosts world-class renaissance musicians.
- The horse riding lovers have the opportunity for exciting galloping along the Cretan sea in Georgioupoli and in the countryside as well. A horse riding Centre organizes, early morning and evening rides at 3 different levels. You just need to make a reservation.
- Village “Verekinthos” is an arts and crafts village that stands between Souda & Tsikalaria at the eastern gate of Chania and it aims to revive and sustain the arts which have been always an integral part of Cretan life and culture. At this same place there were many workshops producing pots (tsikalia), giving thus the name to the town and in the very same place nowadays is run silversmith’s and goldsmith’s, as well workshops for ceramics, sculpture, glass making, hagiography, painting, masks, mosaic, leather, decorative objects, and traditional Cretan knives. Visiting hours 10.00-14.00 and 19.00-21.00 except Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
- Swim. Almirida's twin beaches (5km) are sandy and well sheltered, but they can get a bit crowded during Summer; bars and restaurants line the waterfront between them, and there is a diving center. Kalyves (10km) is a larger village with a small bay at its heart and a long beach stretching west.
- If you are looking for more quiet beaches, head west to Falassarna Beach, on the west edge of the island (49km) one of the best beaches in Crete. Or maybe you have heard about the lagoon of Ballos with the turquoise water. You can visit it either by ferry from Kasteli or by car. If you decide to come here by car, just have in mind that you can drive to a specific point, and then you must walk to the lagoon.
- Explore the Akrotiri peninsula: Monastery of Agia Triada - Gouverneto Monastery - Eleftherios Venizelos Tombs (historical site) Drive towards the airport. Visit the Monastery of Agia Triada and then the Gouverneto Monastery. On your way back towards Chania stop at the Eleftherios Venizelos Tombs - a historical site with wonderful views of the old Venetian harbor of Chania. There you also will find a choice of 3 coffee shops for you to enjoy. The Akrotiri peninsula also has good beaches (Stavros, Kalathas, Marathi, and Loutraki).
- Trek through the world-famous Samaria Gorge along (quite crowded) open May-Oct depending on weather conditions) or the Agia Irini gorge (fewer crowds and open all year), a full day’s hike catching a boat and a bus back. Imbros Gorge, next to Samaria gorge, is just 8 km long and you need just 2 hours to pass it. Aradena Gorge is also in that area, and maybe you would like to try the jump of your life ... buggy jumping.
- Visit the Aptera archaeological Site. The small archaeological site of Aptera (the ancient town of the Minoan era) is well worth a visit. From here there are wonderful sea views to the port of Chania (Souda) and the Akrotiri peninsula. Continue to visit Itzedin Castle - a Turkish castle, built in the 19th Century (also known as the Kalami fort). Visit the nearby Stilos Village to hike through the classic Cretan countryside: oleander-lined paths lead into a narrow rocky defile.
- More uplifting activities in Chania region.
- Check-in: 14.00 - 21.00 pm
- Check out: 10.00 - 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-7 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
How To Get There
Kastellos Village is located in Kastellos, very close to Georgioupoli, Kastellos is a traditional village surrounded by green olive groves.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter flights to Chania (56 km from Kastellos) or Heraklion (103 km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (40 km) or Heraklion Port (101km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: All houses have a fully equipped kitchen to prepare your own meal
- Internet Access: Free WiFi in public areas
- Swimming Pool: Each complex provides two swimming pools one for adults and one for children
- Spa Treatments: Massage and Beauty treatments in Houses/Apartments (manicure, hair care) -Extra charge
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: The complex provides a parking space
- Maid Service: linen changing twice a week
- Welcome Basket upon Arrival: Coffee, Tea, Sugar, Milk, Water, Fruits
- Extra Facilities: Washing machine, Internet Wi-Fi, Transfer, Massage in Houses/Apartments, Beauty treatments in Houses/Apartments (manicure, hair care...), Private dinner including beautiful set up with flowers and candles