- The village of Chora Sfakia is both quiet - busy with individual or independent tourists in the summer - in its role as home and fishing village to local people, and a port for those traveling by ferry to Agia Roumeli, Sougia, Paleochora and the unspoiled island of Gavdos
- Generally, Sfakia as a region has a very unique and dare we say a "genuine", feel to it. It offers a less "package", the more individual face of tourism. If the people of Sfakia are famed as being the toughest survivors and fierce when duty calls - they are, perhaps as a result, the friendliest amongst a group - the Cretans - who offer visitors the warmest and most genuine hospitality as a fundamental part of their nature. Truth demands strength and strength should be backed by the truth...sometimes it is.
- We offer some great boat trips starting from Sfakia Port: Boat Trip to Marmara Beach & Loutro Village, Boat Trip To Best Beaches of South Chania, Gavdos Island Boat Round Trip
- Or maybe you would like to rent a boat and be your own captain for the day and discover Crete´s most stunning coastline!
- Join our Scuba Diving Lessons and enjoy the beautiful underwater world and clear blue waters of south Crete, which beckon divers from around the world. Appropriate for beginners or qualified divers.
- Visit Frangokastelo to see the old fortress - or rather its surviving walls, a must-do trip up to Anopolis - a village high above Chora Sfakia.
- Close to the beginning of the village on the left Anopolis bakery - Giorgos Orfanoudakis for some of the best Sfakian pies and the chance to buy the delicious local sweet rusks, honey, and other baked goods. Sit outside and have a mountainscape view and an Elliniko ( Greek coffee).
- If you have time to kill you're probably best off getting out, to Sweetwater Beach an hour along the coast path west (or accessible by twice-daily boat). The beach takes its name from the small springs which bubble up beneath the pebbles to provide fresh, cool drinking water
- It is possible to visit the Cave of Daskaloyiannis, one of several large caves in the cliffs to the west of Sfakia. Always a hideout in times of trouble, this was where the rebel leader set up a mint to produce a revolutionary coinage
- A must visit Loutro. Take the ferry and go to Loutro - a place for absolute relaxation. Walk - E4 path goes through Sfakia. Loutro is the only natural harbor on the south coast of Crete. Loutro is peaceful - it is small and feels like a village even if 95% of the people here in the summer are visitors. The absence of cars and bikes makes it quiet and peaceful.
- More uplifting activities in south Chania.
- Check-in: 14.00 -24.00 pm
- Check out: 10.00 am
- Minimum Stay: 3-7 nights, depending on the season.
- Payment Policy:
Please note, all payments are non-refundable.
- Cancellation Policy:
Credit card details (Visa or MasterCard) are required in order to confirm the reservation.
100 % non-refundable payment of the total amount will be made 30 days before your arrival date.
How To Get There
Notos Well Studio-House is located in Sfakia Village in South Crete.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Chania (77km) and Heraklion (146km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
The closest airport to fly in to is Chania, but Heraklion has more flights available.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania Port (68km) or Heraklion port (146km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Self-catering with a fully equipped kitchen. Welcome basket with fruit and wine upon your arrival.
- Internet Access: Free WiFi
- Swimming Pool: Not available
- Spa Treatments: Not available
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not Allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English, Norwegian
- Parking: Private parking
- Cleaning: Cleaning of house and change of sheets and towels once a week.