Villa Kirvas at Koutsounari in Southern Crete, a perfect choice for guests who appreciate exquisite taste while being direct on the beach ...
The blue of the Libyan sea, the fascinating sand and shingle beach, the serenity of the landscape combined with the famous Cretan hospitality will make your holiday unforgettable, special, relaxing.
Villa Kirvas ( 160m2, up to 14 guests, 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms) is a really lovely positioned villa in an utterly idyllic and privileged location less than 20 metres from a lovely beach and cleverly designed ideal for big families and big group of friends.
Framed by lovely mature gardens and sprinkled with loungers, the attractive outside area(3200 m2) is an idyllic and luxurious spot to unwind and soak of the views, or simply immerse yourself in a good book with a chilled glass of local wine to hand.
The Villa consists of two adjacent buildings, entirely independent of one another but attached in order to make them an ideal choice for two or three families holidaying together.
The first building has two bedrooms and one bathroom upstairs. Downstairs is one bedroom with one WC and shower and the living room with two sofa beds ( quality single mattresses diameter 90 cm. x 200 cm.) with the kitchen.
The second building upstairs has two bedrooms with one bathroom. Downstairs is the living room with two sofa beds ( quality single mattresses diameter 90 cm. x 200 cm.) with the kitchen.
There is a barbecue for dining and for beachside relaxation all day and into the warm, starry nights there is pergola taking full advantage of the spectacular location.
Ten minutes away is the city of Ierapetra, from where you can take a boat trip to the incredible Chryssi island. Whilst less than an hour away is the famous Ag. Nikolaos and Elounda.
Kakia Skala Beach or Ferma Beach is a great beach located at the exit of the lush Gorge of Milonas with the waterfalls, that are worth a visit. The beach is partly sandy and pebble with calm clear waters and on the back side of beach there is some shade under tamarisk trees. Most locals use to call the beach as Kakkos because of the nearby Kakkos Bay Hotel, located 200m on the west and just few of them call it Kakia Skala. Therefore most of people know the beach as “The beach east of Kakkos Bay”.
Explore other fairly quiet beaches nearby like Koutsounari, Agia Fotia, Galini, Achlia and Mavros Kolimbos or the interesting villages of Pefki and Agios Stefanos in the mountains above Makrigialos. Walk a small gorge in the area or visit the Kapsa Monastery nearby. Visit Ierapetra and take a boat trip to Chrissi Island (Gaidouronisi), with the white sands and cedar trees.
- Hotel Name: Villa Kirvas
- Area: Lasithi, Ferma, Koutsounari
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Family-Friendly,Friendly Environment,Lovely Views,Relaxed
Why we like it
- Its exceptional position on the headland gives them superb views and approach to the sea, the village, surrounding mountains and a breeze to keep things cool.
- The sandy/pebble beach has a very gentle incline that makes it particularly suitable for children.
- Fish restaurants and waterfront tavernas on your doorstep.
- Eastern Crete invites exploration providing deep gorges, remote coves, monasteries, Minoan palaces, small mountain villages.
- There is a specially designed playground ... a small paradise for children.
What to know
- There’s a preferred minimum stay of a week.
- There is not a frequent bus connection down to Villa Kirvas. We highly recommend a car rental.
- A car is recommended for getting around the island, and exploring superb nearby beaches, small picturesque villages, gorges etc.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Pool:||No||Marvelous view :|
|Dining:||Self-Catering||Nice atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Quality of Service :|
|Closed:||December to February||Young Couples :|