Let the sea set you free... enjoy the silence ... we are sailing!
This is a morning, noon or evening unforgettable sailing adventure to Dia Island, believe us the best one so don't look for some others, you will swim in the crystal clear waters of a small bay, maybe we will see some dolphins, enjoy local, delicious food, romantic sailing into the sunset, relax and enjoy this small island from another perspective - the sea.
Helpful, friendly, professional, experienced and knowledgable skippers and staff will make your experience unique and memorable. Don't look for another sailing trip, especially if you are wanting a more individual experience.
Dia is an uninhabited island off the northern coast of Crete, around 6 miles away from Heraklion's Venetian small port, which played an important role in navigation during antiquity, particularly in Minoan and Medieval times! Dia Island is a protected national park, only inhabited by the protected Kri-Kri goat. Its form looks like a giant lizard.
Dive in the crystal cool water at one of the small protected bays and discover the great ecological and archeological interest because of the large number of undersea discoveries and findings!
We offer departures from Heraklion Venetian Port.
Morning Adventure (Half Day) :
• 09:15. We meet in Heraklio Old Venetian Port and set sails for the island of Dia right away (around 6 miles ~1 hrs). The experienced crew will help you feel comfortable while sailing (not motoring). Enjoy the silence, while the yacht moves only by sails.
• 10:15. We put our anchors in a protected cove of Dia island which belongs in the Natura 2000 project. Snorkeling equipment for everyone!
• 11.45. Lunch is prepared on board. Med cuisine and a fresh salad with local dips and desserts. A full savory experience!
• 12.45. After a cool refreshing dive, we set sails for Heraklion Old Venetian Port
• 13.45. Check-out at Heraklion Old Venetian Port
Afternoon Adventure (Half Day) :
• 13:45. We meet in Heraklio Old Venetian port and set sails for the island of Dia right away (around 6 miles ~1 hrs). The experienced crew will help you feel comfortable while sailing (not motoring). Enjoy the silence, while the yacht moves only by sails.
• 14.45. We put our anchors in a protected cove of Dia island which belongs in the Natura 2000 project. Snorkeling equipment for everyone!
• 16:15. Aperitif/ dinner is prepared on board. Med cuisine and a fresh salad with local dips and desserts. A full savor experience!
• 17:15. After a cool refreshing dive, we set sails for Iraklion. As the sun declines, we enter Heraklio marina
• 18:15. Check-out at Heraklion old Venetian port.
Full Day Cruise :
• 10:30. As soon as you arrive on the yacht in Heraklio Old Venetian port, a small briefing concerning safety regulations as well as boat handling will be given by the instructor/skipper on the yacht. We set sails for the nearby island of Dia. (around 6 miles ~1 hrs). Our experienced crew will help our guest feel comfortable while sailing (not motoring). Enjoy the silence, while the yacht moves only by sails. Your skipper is a certified sailing instructor and will guide you through some secrets of sailing. Everybody is welcome to participate.
• 11:20. We put our anchors in a protected cove of Dia island which belongs in the Natura 2000 project. Snorkeling, swimming or just relaxing under the sun.
• 13:00. It is time for lunch. A buffet is prepared on board. A variety of organic salads, freshly prepared by our crew. Marinated chicken souvlaki, local dips. Wine, season fruits and local sweets will supplement the lunch.
• 14:30. Free time to relaxing, diving, playing with water toys, fishing and visiting more bays of the island.
• 17:30. As the sun declines, we set sails to the marina, wishing only to meet the pair of dolphins on our way.
We offer three departures ( 9.15 or 10.30 or 13.45 ) daily from Heraklion Venetian Port.
79€ per person - HALF DAY CRUISE (children under 2 years old pay the half price)
85€ per person - FULL DAY CRUISE (children under 2 years old pay the half price)
12€ per person: Extra transfer cost (on request)
From Heraklion Venetian Port at 9:15 AM, 10.30 AM, 13.45 PM
Transportation to & from port with extra cost.
4 hours & 30 minutes (HALF DAY )
09.15 - 13.45 (morning cruise)
7 hours & 30 minutes (FULL DAY )
10.30 - 17.30
~ 6 miles
Price Includes :
- Beautiful and large sailing yachts (42-45 ft)
- 4.5 hours of excursion
- Organic Lunch and drinks included. Local products, carefully selected, freshly prepared with organic ingredients.
Chicken souvlaki & pitta marinated with wine, Grilled vegetables (Organic), Risotto with vegetables, Local dips (dakos/ tzatziki), Fruits/ sweets, Mineral water, Refreshments (orange, cola), Coffee or tea, Bottled Wine
- Friendly and professional crew included
- Full insurance
- Snorkeling and fishing equipment
Not Included :
- Transfer (extra cost of 12 Euros per person )
Payment & Cancellation Policy :
- Reservations must be made in advance, no later than 24 hours before departure.
- A cancellation must be done 48 hours before departure.
- In case of later cancellations, no refund will be made.
- We maintain the right to cancel any tour due to bad weather conditions or due to other reasons beyond our control.
- If a tour is canceled due to few participants or bad weather conditions, we will refund 100% of made payments.
- Transportation to & from the port can be arranged upon request with an extra cost.
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from boat sickness, fear of water, disabled people or people with mobility problems.
- Don’t forget your swimsuit, camera and sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn we advise you to bring a jacket.
- In order to arrange lunch with vegetarian alternatives, information is required upon reservation. That also counts for any kind of food allergy, and only when possible to find suitable alternatives.
Please contact us for availability and further information when you have some dates in mind to check for availability, along with any other questions you may have.
All e-mails are answered promptly, usually within 24 hours.
Kalimera Yiannis, Sorry for my late answer. Yes, the sailing trip was very good, I enjoyed it completely; Dia is beautiful and furthermore the last part of the cruise we were alone there, it was a wonderful experience. Thank you, to the next time in Crete! Have a wonderful day.
Hi Yiannis, so glad to find you and these passionate sailing professionals who realy love what they are doing. Such a unique experience during our holiday on Crete. Thank you very much.
Such a beautiful day of sailing. Lovely and very professional crew, delicious organic frest food. It was one of our best days in crete, relaxing and interesting trip, I can't recommend it enough!
Hi Yiannis, Thanks for your email, yes we had a great day, there wasn't much wind but that was no ones fault. Nikos was a nice guy, when we come back to your lovely island I'll contact you and see what else you can do for us. Thanks
Many thanks Yiannis for coming back to us. Nikos and his staff are just great. The day sailing for Dia was a great adventure to all of us. We enjoyed it a lot and did not want it to end - it was a very relaxing, pleasant and enjoyable tour. We miss them already.
Very friendly skipper, great sailing trip on the Cretan coast! Our skipper was really great and made the sailing experience just amazing. Lovely swimm in crystal, clear waters of Dia Island. We loved it. Very many thanks Yiannis and CreteTravel.com for organizing it for us, even if it was a lasst minute request.
This was a wonderful family trip to Dia Island. You organized for us a very special holiday experience and we are very pleased for this. The skipper and his mate explaining how the sailing boat worked and they were extremely friendly and helpfull and made the trip so relaxing. The food was delicious too. Don't look for another sailing trip especially if you are wanting a more individual experience. Thank you very much for a lovely day to remember.
What an experience! We have just returned from our holiday in unique Crete and I can not recommend enough taking one of these sailing trips. We made the Dia Island morning trip which was fantastic. We were picked up from our hotel at Sisi Village and all worked fine. Thank you Yiannis for organising it for our family.