description Book now
Full-Day Hiking Trip Imbros Gorge & Marmara Marble Beach.
- Full Day
- Trekking & Hiking
- Wildlife & Nature
Hiking is our passion!
One of the best full-day hiking trips to discover the outstanding Imbros Gorge & the astonishing Marmara Marble Beach in south Chania, Crete.
We start off in the morning in the cool mountain air and hike down the historic and spectacular Imbros Gorge, used as an escape route for the allied soldiers during WWII. For approximately 3 hours (11km), we follow the well-marked path under ancient cypress trees, oaks and maples popping up through the rocks, beautiful scenery, and some spectacular very narrow passages until we reach the village of Komitades with sweeping views of the south coast!
After a short transfer to the little port of Sfakia Village or Chora Sfakion, we meet our boat taxi captain and in no time we are cruising along the coastline of south Chania to amazing Marmara beach, pure bliss!
There are unusual marble caves to explore by this secluded, pebble beach. A swim in the crystal clear blue water is a must and the option of lunch in the small tavérna overlooking the turquoise sea is also a temptation! Marmara or Dialiskari beach is an amazing secluded small pebbly bay shaped near the exit of the imposing Aradena Gorge, in the Sfakia region. The name Marmara means "marbles" and is named after the soft colorful rocks and sea caves, which consist of the most striking feature of the place.
In the afternoon, our taxi boat picks us up for our ride back to Sfakia.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the regulations that have been put in place by the Greek Government concerning social distancing and personal protection against COVID-19, the prices of some excursions are subject to change, depending on the current, legal number of passengers allowed in transfer vehicles (cars and minibusses) on the day of the excursion. Feel free to contact us for further details and personalized offers.
Dates & Prices:
- for 2 people: 220.00 Euros / per person
- for 3 people: 170.00 Euros / per person
- for 4 people: 150.00 Euros / per person
- for 5 people: 125.00 Euros / per person
- for 6 people: 110.00 Euros / per person
- This trip can be organized from April to October.
- We do not have a fixed/weekly program, all trips are upon request and depend on availability.
- If you are a family, a bigger group? We can customize this trip according to your wishes.
- The impressive Imbros Gorge
- Turquoise waters at Marmara marble beach
- Great variety of scenery and views
- Small groups (max.8-10 persons) - Private/Semi-Private Tour
- English-speaking host from hotel pick-up to hotel drop-off
- Gorge entrance fees
- Private transfers (road: the hotel to Imbros, Komitades to Sfakia, Sfakia to hotel & taxi boat: Sfakia-Marmara-Sfakia) as mentioned above
- Personal expenses
- For cancellations over 20 days before the excursion date, any amount paid is refunded.
- For cancellations up to and including 20 days before the excursion date, no amount paid is refunded.
Good to know:
Hiking time (approx.): 3 hrs (8km) + stops
Duration: approx 08h30 - 17h30 (9hrs)
Elevations difference: 800m-200m
Walking on: Path (sometimes uneven terrain, earth, and stones), dirt track, paved stone path.
Suitable for: Anyone in good health who enjoys hiking, children over 8 yrs.
Don´t forget: Hiking boots (closed/sports shoes), sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water, snack/fruit, camera, hiking poles (advisable), swimwear/beachwear/beach shoes.
PLEASE NOTE: If excursions have to be canceled due to unsuitable weather (heatwaves, high winds, heavy rain predicted, etc), then any amount already paid is refunded. The decision to cancel rests with our Partner Travel Agency. Often, weather conditions can differ greatly from one location in Crete to another (e.g. north to south) so do not be put off by weather conditions where you are staying in Crete. Please note that weather conditions can only be predicted 1-2 days prior to the excursion date, especially at the beginning and end of the summer (April/May and October). On the date of the excursion, each participant will be asked to sign a “Participant agreement, release, and acknowledgment of risk” statement in order to participate in the excursion.
Health issues: If any participant suffers from any severe allergy (e.g. to bee stings) or has medical/health issues we need to be aware of, it is important to let us know in advance. This is clearly a safety measure, personal information is by no means violated and all discretion is exercised.
Insurance: The partner travel agency is covered by Professional Liability Insurance. Each participant is advised to take out health/travel insurance before traveling to Crete.
The reviews for the Full-Day Guided Hiking Trip Imbros Gorge & Marmara Marble Beach