description Book now
Full-Day Hiking Trip In South Chania: Azogires - Anidri - Gialiskari Beach. This is an excellent full-day guided hiking trip in south Chania, nearby the picturesque small town of Paleochora, to discover one of the most exciting parts of Crete full of history, monasteries, small villages, gorges, and an exquisite beach.
- Full Day
- Trekking & Hiking
This is an excellent full-day guided hiking trip in south Chania, nearby the picturesque small town of Paleochora, to discover one of the most exciting parts of Crete full of history, monasteries, small villages, gorges, and an exquisite pebble-sandy beach.
The hike starts in the small, mountain village of Azogires, hidden in a lush green valley rich in history, a place where tradition is still alive.
The first part takes us past a pouring waterfall, a Venetian stone bridge and a historic monastery built into the mountainside.
The well-marked path leads softly down to Anidri village, offering panoramic views across the olive groves down to the south coast of Crete. The old school building in Anidri, now renovated and used as the local kafeneion and eatery, welcomes us for a short break on its shady garden patio with stunning views.
After our small break and following the small but impressive Anidri Gorge we reach the sea after approximately 2 hours of easy hiking. A refreshing swim at Gialiskari beach awaits us.
The coastal dirt track then leads us to the small town of Paleochora, the “Bride of the Libyan Sea”!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the regulations that have been put in place by the Greek Government concerning social distancing and personal protection against COVID-19, the prices of some excursions are subject to change, depending on the current, legal number of passengers allowed in transfer vehicles (cars and minibuses) on the day of the excursion. Feel free to contact us for further details and personalized offers.
- The small, mountain village of Azogires
- A Venetian bridge and a historic monastery
- Impressive Anidri Gorge and exquisite Gialiskari beach
- Stunning sea views and varied scenery
- Small groups (max.8-10 persons)
- English/French-speaking host/guide from hotel pick-up to hotel drop-off
- Private transfers (hotel to Azogires & Paleochora to hotel). Transfers are based on hotels located in the area of Chania (Platanias to Kalyves)
- Dirt-road transfer Gialiskari-Paleochora (20€), lunch, personal expenses, gratuities
- Optional: 4×4 dirt track transfer (Gialiskari to Paleochora)
Dates & Prices:
- for 2 people: 185.00 Euros / per person
for 3 people: 140.00 Euros / per person
for 4 people: 130.00 Euros / per person
for 5 people: 110.00 Euros / per person
for 6 people: 95.00 Euros / per person
- This trip can be organized from April to October.
- We do not have a fixed/weekly program, all trips are upon request and depend on availability.
- If you are a family, a bigger group? We can customize this trip according to your wishes.
- For cancellations over 20 days before the excursion date, any amount paid is refunded.
- For cancellations up to and including 20 days before the excursion date, no amount paid is refunded.
Good to know:
Hiking time (approx.): 3 – 4 hrs + stops
Duration: approx 08h30 - 17h30 (9hrs)
Altitude at start: 500m (Azogires village)
Altitude at end: 0m (sea level)
Walking on: Path (sometimes uneven terrain, earth, and stones), dirt track, paved stone path.
Suitable for: Anyone in good health who enjoys hiking, children over 10 yrs.
Don´t forget: Hiking boots (closed/sports shoes), sun hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water, snack/fruit, camera, hiking poles (advisable), swimwear/beachwear/beach shoes.
PLEASE NOTE: If excursions have to be cancelled due to unsuitable weather (heatwaves, high winds, heavy rain predicted etc), then any amount already paid is refunded. The decision to cancel rests with our Partner Travel Agency. Often, weather conditions can differ greatly from one location in Crete to another (e.g. north to south) so do not be put off by weather conditions where you are staying in Crete. Please note that weather conditions can only be predicted 1-2 days prior to the excursion date, especially at the beginning and end of the summer (April/May and October). On the date of the excursion, each participant will be asked to sign a “Participant agreement, release, and acknowledgment of risk” statement in order to participate in the excursion.
Health issues: If any participant suffers from any severe allergy (e.g. to bee stings) or has medical/health issues we need to be aware of, it is important to let us know in advance. This is clearly a safety measure, personal information is by no means violated and all discretion is exercised.
Insurance: The partner travel agency is covered by Professional Liability Insurance. Each participant is advised to take out health/travel insurance before traveling to Crete.
The reviews for the Full-Day Hiking Trip In South Chania: Azogires - Anidri - Gialiskari Beach