description Book now
A unique wine experience and tour to Manousakis Winery & Vineyards for a superb wine and food tasting experience where you see hands on, from start to finish how wine is made... and then enjoy it!
- Small Group
- Full Day
- Gastronomy (Wine Tastings & Cooking Workshops)
- Jeep Safari Tours
- Wildlife & Nature
Do you want to learn more about Cretan wine and especially one of the best bio wines?
Then join us for an extraordinary wine experience that will open your eyes to Cretan wine.
We pick you up from your accommodation in Chania Town and its surroundings and drive you through the countryside to the scenic village of Vatolakkos where we end up at Manousakis Winery.
You will be welcomed by the tasting terrace team where your wine experience will start!
Of course, the highlight of the visit is to taste 5 of Manousakis Winery's excellent wines together with some Cretan tasty rusks and their delicious olive oil.
Additionally, you can enjoy Cretan delicacies at Manousakis restaurant if you wish so (restaurant rates apply).
This winery's finest wines are exported worldwide but here you’ll get a chance to buy a bottle or two directly from the producer.
The duration of this trip is approx 3 hours, and you can choose from different departure times, for your own convenience.
45.00 € Adults Aged 18-up
40.00€ Children aged from 17 and below
The prices are for group participation with a minimum of 2 pax to start per vehicle.
Free hotel pick up and drop off within an area of 20km from Chania city center
- Free hotel pick up and drop off within an area of 20km from Chania city center
- Private premium off-road vehicles (5, 7, or 9 seaters) driven by multilingual escort-drivers
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting of five wines
- Liability Insurance and local Taxes
- Extra wine consumption and extra meals or snacks to accompany the tasting
Schedule & Pick up times
- April to November: Monday to Saturday [ Departures: 11:30, 13:30, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30 ]
- December to March: Departures On Request
- Different times upon request and according to availability
- 3 Hours
- 15 and more days before departure – retention of deposit
- 14-3 days before departure – 50% will be charged
- Less than 2 days before departure – 100% will be charged
- Ideal for everyone, youth groups, single or couple participants.
- The trip is not recommended for children under 4 years old.
- The wine tasting is not available for children under 18 years old.
Road Map Summary
- Don’t forget your comfortable shoes, for example, trekking shoes or sandals, a camera, sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
- Our partner reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary. For example in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without prior notice.
- Reservations must be made no later than 24 hours prior to departure. Any cancellation must be made according to our cancelation policy. In case of late cancellations, no refund will be made.
- If a tour is canceled due to insufficient participants or adverse weather conditions, we will refund 100% of made payments.
The trip is ideal for everyone who's looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, for example, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone's convenience.
When meals are included, our partner can arrange vegetarian alternatives, but the information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies, in order to find suitable alternatives if possible.
Travelers Info: COVID-19
Being always concerned about our guests and staff's wellbeing and having as a priority your health and safety, we remain committed to our premium standards, fully complied with all necessary measures set by the Government. Always ready to welcome you, we act with responsibility. We stay up to date following the guidelines set by The World Health Organisation and the National Public Health Organisation. We know that your holidays with family and friends are very important to you, so we are here to make sure you can relax, enjoy and dream the way you want to.
Before Your Tour:
- We recommend that you should be at the pick-up area (your hotel or another indicated point nearby your hotel) 10 minutes prior to your pick up time. Our driver/escort will be on time to welcome you and show your seat, in order to keep social distancing guidelines.
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change, but are strictly followed at all times.
- The body temperature and wellness of all those participating in the tour (escort, driver, staff and guests) will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or other symptoms.
- Please follow all the instructions given to you by your guide.
- Sanitizing dispensers are available for each vehicle.
During Your Tour:
- Everybody that is taking part in the tour (escort, driver, guests, etc...) will wear a face mask throughout its duration as long as it is required by law.
- Sealed lunch boxes will be given on some of our day tours. On day tours which include meals served at restaurants, those will be provided only at restaurants following all the applicable hygiene protocols.
Enhanced Vehicle Cleaning:
- The average cleaning effort in all vehicles is doubled both during the day and after the end of each tour.
- All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls, etc. are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
Air Circulation On Board:
Our vehicles are equipped with A/C (and when used, the internal air circulation is turned to OFF) but as our safari tours are mainly operated in countryside we strongly recommend the tours to be conducted with open windows for continuous fresh air circulation and to feel the freshness of the countryside.
Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and yourself.
Greece is well known for its long history and unique hospitality throughout the centuries. We remain confident that our services are of high value and will provide the most memorable experience in Greece to you, your family, or friends. We are looking forward to escaping the ordinary with you!
The reviews for the Manousakis Winery Shuttle Service Tour and Wine Tasting Experience
Reviews ( 9 )
Hello Yiannis Thank you for your email! We had a fantastic day out to Manousakis Winery on 22 September. I really want to say thank-you to our driver on the day who was excellent. The scenery at the top of the mountain in the Four Wheel Driver is spectacular and the winery lunch was as good as we thought it would be. The amount of wine provided was very generous. We love Crete at lot and this year was our second visit in two years! Next year we are planning to visit Corfu, Chios and Thessoloniki but maybe the next year after that we will get back to Crete! Hope to see you again. We find your travel company to be very efficient and good. Thanks again. Kind regards - Lisa
Everything was amazing! We all loved the vineyard tour and the hospitality, and I was very happy to learn more about an organic winery. Many thanks!
Kalimera Yiannis, Tour in Manousakis Winery was very interesting. Wonderful place, excellent wine, excellent food, very nice staff, joyfull, friendly and professional! The tour of the Winery was very interesting and Lafteris, the guide, was impeccable. Because I was traveling alone it should be also interesting to join an other group but I saw only small groups or private tours those day... Maybe in the future I will have the chance to join a group and share the experience. Anyway, at least I can confirm that has been really interesting and amazing tour and I hope to come back to Crete in the future.
We thoroughly enjoyed the visit and would recommend to other people. Thank you so much Yiannis.
Adrian K. Switzerland
This is an amazing winery, with one of the best organic wines in Greece. So if in doubt of where to go during your holiday in Chania, then Manousakis Winery is a great option, delicious traditonal food, superb wine, and warm hospitality from the guide to the lady at shop. Full lunch was great too. - Adrian K. Switzerland
Andrea J. Germany
Many thanks for asking Yiannis. We had a great tour which could higly recommend. We drove to this Winery and had no expactions at all. We had booked a simple taste tour. We were welcomed at arriving and the tour started with explaining how the wine production was made. This was informative and interesting. After the tour we had a tasting of five different wines. All this for just 7.00 Euros per person. Good value for money. We bought also some wine and olive oil to bring back home.
Maria P. Austria
We choosed the light lunch, tour and wine tasting. This tour made by a really informative guide who gave us plenty of opportunity to ask questions along the way which we liked. We were then brought back to the patio where we got to see finished bottles of wine and had the tasting session which was great. We got to try 6 different wines which for the price we paid was extremely generous! We then enjoyed the light lunch which was authentic Greek cuisine. We really enjoyed the whole experience and would recommend it to anyone visiting Chania. Our guide and wine expert were great too. Well done!
Jane K. Australia
Excellent experience. We did a trip out to the Winery from Chania with Crete Travel. It was an exclusive off-road trip to the winery in a four wheel drive. It went up a spectacular mountain route to get to the grounds of the winery and then we had a full lunch with unlimited wine tasting after our tour of the winery. The wines here were good quality with the Rousanne being especially good. The Syrah was also high quality. The lunch was made with local ingredients and was excellent. This was relaxed wine tasting at its finest. If you have the full lunch with your wine tasting, the amount of wine you are served to 'taste' is extremely generous (unlimited glasses with your lunch). Our guide/driver on 22 Sep 2017 was awesome.
Katerina T. New Zeland
My husband and I booked lunch and a tour with tasting. The grounds are beautiful with old olive trees. In addition, the tour was very interesting and the wines very good. Our favorite was the Nostos blend that we had shipped to us. The lunch was delicious and generous and went perfect with the wine. Highly recommend a visit when near Chania.