- Hiring a car is highly recommended, for daily excursions along the island.
- The Palace of Knossos is situated 20km away from Keramoutsi Village, you can combine the visit of the Palace with a visit to the archeological museum of Heraklion where all the treasures of Knossos are exposed.
- The visit of Knossos can also be combined with a visit to the Village of Archanes which has won the 2nd "best-restored village in Europe". There are four archaeological sites here - one in the village (a fenced excavation) and three close by, at Anemospilia, at Fourni (on the edge of the village - a Minoan graveyard) and the fourth one, Vathypetro, on the way to Houdetsi is worthwhile not only for the finds but also some of the most magnificent views of Crete which you can see from the site - a unique vantage point.
- Explore the canyon of Karteros. A small canyon is quite easily accessible for all ages with rich vegetation, many traditions, and fascinating history.
- Visit the nearby Monastery of Agarathos. Τhe Abbey Agarathou is dedicated to the Dormition of the Virgin Mary. It celebrates on the 15th of August. The temple is diklitos. The other klitos is dedicated to Saint Minas. Don't miss celebrating orthodox Easter if you are lucky to be in Crete during this period.
- The sandy beach of Amnisos is also a famous name in Minoan archeology. The first habitation in the area of Palaiochora (Amnissos) dates from the Middle Minoan period (19th century B.C.). The site is mentioned as a-mi-mi-so in the Linear B tablets. The Minoan Villa of the Lilies was destroyed by fire in the 15th century B.C. but complexes C and E continued to be inhabited until the 12th century B.C. In the Archaic period (7th century B.C.) the sanctuary of Zeus Thenatas was founded and remained in use until the 2nd century A.D. After a long period of abandonment, the hill was again inhabited during the Venetian occupation.
- For wine lovers, we propose the Boutari winery at Choudetsi Village.
- Visit the Museum of Nikos Kazantzakis at Mirtia (or Varvaroi) the important intellectual, author, thinker, philosopher, politician, and traveler.
- Do you know how ceramics are made and decorated? There is a ceramics lab in Anopoli village. Test your skills in ceramics and keep your creations as a souvenir.
- Or drive to the south coast - it's only an hour away - to see the ex-hippy-hangout of Matala and the stunning seas of Komos and Agiofaraggo.
- Drive east along the coast to Agios Nikolaos, which centers on a small, deep lake, ringed by tavernas and cafes. Follow the coastal road through Elounda to Plaka, then take a boat trip to the mysterious islet of Spinalonga (a former leper colony)
- What do you think about horse riding in a gorge or even better on the beach? A horse riding center is situated in Karteros and organizes ridings in the area or a bit further at Avdou Village (34km).
- Lassithi Plateau is ideal for those who love cycling. Enjoy the 18km ride that goes through almost all the little villages. This ride is especially nice.
- Visit the Cretaquarium, and exploring the amazing world of the Mediterranean sea, hundreds of species, and thousands of living organisms.
- Do you enjoy golf playing? The Crete Golf Club is a championship course, the only 18-hole golf course on the island of Crete and one of the most impressive courses of the Mediterranean, which holds a unique challenge and a pleasant experience for both golf players and visitors all year round.
- Kazani - see how the Cretans brew their Schnapps "raki". Almost like moon shining - you will spend an evening at a small distillery in Sgourokefali. Food, wine and lots of tsikoudia - raki. You can participate in this special event only during October.
- Find more activities in Heraklion Area.
- Check-in: 15.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
How To Get There
Villa Malvazia is located at Keramoutsi Village. The people of the village welcome every visitor with great hospitality.
- By Air
From May through October there are direct charter and scheduled flights to Heraklion airport (20km) and also to Chania airport (145km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By sea
If you love traveling by ferry, reserve a flight to Athens and then from Piraeus port to Heraklion by ferry. It takes 8 hours and the ferries are good. Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: The House has a fully equipped kitchen that provides you everything you need to prepare your meal, in the garden you can also use the BBQ
- Internet Access: Wi-Fi access
- Meet & Greet Service: We will meet you at Heraklion Airport or the Port of Heraklion and escort you to the villa
- Swimming Pool: Large Swimming Pool ( 70m2)
- Fitness Well-equipped Gym: Available
- Spa Treatments: Available on request
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Smoking: Allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Private Parking
- Extra Charge Facilities :
Transportation to and from Heraklion Airport or the Port of Heraklion
Delivery of traditional Cretan cuisine to the villa
Purchase and delivery of supplies upon arrival at the villa
Massage and other personal care services
Personal trainer for yoga
Pilates and aqua aerobics sessions, scuba diving
Daily cleaning service