We are glad to offer you unique activities in lovely Crete in order to find out all about Cretans Culture and their secrets for a long life on a Day Trip Safari, with the help of our special equipped Land Rovers driving by expert English speaking guides.
- See how Cretans harvest olives and produce extra virgin oil by visiting an olive mill.
- Enjoy a full guided tour for wine tasting and see the whole wine-making process.
- Taste unique home-made food in a small village tavern, served by the locals.
- *Find out all about Cretan knives visiting a 16th century Cretan House and its exhibition.
*PS.Please note that we got out the knife museum due to a recent reconstruction.
The Safari tour :
- After we pick up you from your hotel, we start our Day Trip Safari to Cretan culture adn we visit an Olive Mill and then a winery for a guided tour in the Cretan secret for long life! Cretan wines are a valuable heritage of traditional varieties, in complete harmony with the island’s climate. The great number of local varieties, the diversity and uniqueness of various wine regions, but also the long Cretan wine tradition form the foundation of Cretan wine’s high quality standing and ongoing growth.
- We visit an ancient olive tree which is 3000 years old and an exhibition on the history of olives.
- Time for lunch, we arrive at a small village tavern, where we introduce you to Cretan cuisine with plenty of delicious food, local wine and warm Cretan hospitality.
- On the way up to Mesavlia we cross the gorge of Deliana with its picturesque creek nestled amongst lush vegetation. Time to take some awesome photos of sheep and goats on our way to the cavernous chapel of Ag. Paraskevi, where we will make a short stop.
- On the way back, all good things come to an end, we will pass through picturesque cretan villages and beautiful olive groves.
1/4/2016 - 1/11/2016 : Tuesday - Saturday
2/11/2016 - 31/3/2016: Available without the winery
74.00€ Adults Aged 13-up
47.00€ Childs aged from 8-12
The prices are for group participation.
Pick up times:
• 8:00 Kalives, 8:15 Chania town, 9:00 Kolymvari, 8:30Golden Beach, 8:40 Agia Marina, 8:45 Platanias. Tour starts at 9:00 am.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Multi-language group guide-drivers.
- Special Equipped Land Rovers.
- Entrance fees for the olive mill tour and tasting
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting.
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine.
- Liability Insurance and local Taxes.
This trip is not recommended for people suffering from car sickness, fear of heights or bumpy roads, disabled people or people with mobility problems, children under 8 years old or for any children & adults who for some reason could have issues joining a Jeep tour.
For more info and reservations please contact us
We were very satisfied with everything - and especially with our driver ( a very good guide ) who gave a very solid impression of the hole program. Cant remember his name ( had long hair and beard )