We are glad to offer you unique activities in lovely Crete in order to find out all about Cretans Culture and their secrets for a long life on a Day Trip Safari, with the help of our Land Rovers driving by expert English speaking guides.
- See how Cretans harvest olives and produce extra virgin oil by visiting an olive mill.
- Enjoy a full guided tour for wine tasting and see the whole wine-making process.
- Find out all about Cretan knives visiting a 16th century Cretan House and its exhibition.
- Taste unique home-made food in a small village tavern, served by the locals.
The Safari tour
Starting our Day trip Safari to Cretan culture we visit an Olive Mill and then a winery for a guided tour in the Cretan secret for long life! We visit an ancient olive tree which is 3000 years old and an exhibition on the history of olives. Working up an appetite we arrive at a small village tavern, where we introduce you to Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality. On the way up to Mesavlia we cross the gorge of Deliana with its picturesque creek nestled amongst lush vegetation. There will be plenty of opportunities to take photos of sheep and goats on our way to the cavernous chapel of Ag. Paraskevi, where we will make a short stop. On the way back we will make our last stop to visit a Cretan house from 16th century, find out all about Cretan knife production process and view its collection....
The Safari Tour Includes:
- Hotel Pick up and drop off.
- Transportation by Land Rover Defenders.
- English speaking group leaders – drivers.
- Entrance fees to the winery for the guided tour.
- Entrance fees to the olive mill for the guided tour.
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine.
- A visit to a 16th century Cretan House and its exhibition.
- A visit to an ancient olive tree and its exhibition.
- Liability Insurance
- Local taxes
The olive mill tour includes:
- A live demo on the method of harvesting olives.
- A tour of both the old and new olive mill.
- An informative video presentation on this region.
- A guided tasting of different olive oils.
- Time for Q & A and the ability to purchase products.
The wine tasting guided tour includes:
- A full guided tour and a visit to St. Tryfonas chapel.
- A presentation of the wine-making process.
- A full tasting of Wines paired with Cretan snacks.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Ideal for everyone, youth groups, single or couple participants.
- The trip has guided stops every 30 to 40 minutes.
- The trip is not recommended for children under 8 years old.
- The wine tasting is not available for children under 18yrs old.
- Don’t forget your trekking shoes or sandals and your camera.
- Departures: 8:15 am from Chania Town, 8.15 AM Kalyves Village, 8.30 AM Golden Beach, 8.40 Agia Marina, 8:45 am from Platanias, 9:10 am from Kolimvari
- Duration: 8 hrs (approx.)
- Return: 17:00 (approx.)
- Covered distance: 100km
- Altitude differ.: 500m
- From 13- 99 Adults: 74.00€
- From 8-13 Children: 47.00€
* All prices are per person and include VAT￼￼
For more info and reservations please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org