If you think of Crete as nothing but an island of cosmopolitan beaches and towns, then this trekking tour will totally change your mind about this unique island floating on the Mediterranean Sea!
You are going to discover one of the most beautiful part of South Rethimno with the escort of a mountain guide.
We will spend a refreshing day in the springs and the river of Kourtaliotis.
We will explore and enjoy the 2nd most important palm forest in Crete. Visiting the beautiful river bridge and the 2 emblematic monasteries of the area.
The Monastery of Preveli has a glorious history due to the active and leading involvement of its fellow monks in all national endeavourers for freedom and education of our people.
Thus, it merits specific recognition and respect throughout the island of Crete.
The trip step by step
- Short walk along the path of the green gorge of Kourtaliotis – visiting the sanctuary and the view point
- Gefira – Café at Preveli – short pause and free time for resting
- Visiting the new monastery.
- Walking down the path to the Preveli River. Arriving to the palm forest and the beach. Exploration and free time.
- Return to the Gefyra and to the village of Meronas for a typical Cretan meal.
- Starting from 45 euros per person (in a group of 8 - 12 people)
- Note: THIS TRIP IS A PRIVATE EXCURSION
- Not possible for children under 8 years old
- Children 9 - 12 years old 15 % discount
- Discount is not valid if the participants are only 2.
- Extra cost for the entrance in the monastery of Preveli 2.5 euros p.p.
- Experienced English speaking guide
- Personal accident insurance, powered by LLoyd's Insurance company.
- First Aid Kit
- Picnic which complies with typical Cretan gastronomy, including traditional and local products
- Transport from your accommodation to the sites proposed and back to the hotel (upon request with extra cost).
- Admission fee for the Preveli Monastery
- Other guided tours and entrance fees in organized archaeological sites
- Drinks, personal expenses and tips
- Anything that is not mentioned in the paragraph above
Preveli beach and monastery, South of Rethimnon, Crete
Note: For other languages, possibility to have a translator, with a supplement.
- Suitable for ages over 12 years old (experience required)
- Necessary personal equipment: Sunscreen oil, hat, sunglasses, shoes for river trek, swimming suit, small rucksack with your personal items
- PLEASE INFORM US of any dietary needs/particularities you might have (allergies, intolerances) or other health issues we have to take into consideration. Many thanks.
For more info and reservations please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org