description Book now
You are staying in Chania's picturesque town and you look for another more exclusive way to visit the amazing Rodopou Peninsula and the secluded beach of Menies?
- Small Group
- Full Day
- Trekking & Hiking
- Wildlife & Nature
Then this is the right choice for you, don't spend your time looking for another one.
An exciting safari tour to discover the wild beauty of Rodopou peninsula and swim in Ancient Diktynna’s “private & secluded" beach (Menies) on a private safari tour for up to 8 persons per vehicle.
Our day starts after we pick you up from your hotel or a point close to the indicated hotel if car access is not possible. We will follow the coastline heading west until Kolymbari port where our scenic route starts. As we pass through the villages of Afrata, Astratigos, Rodopou and head towards Rodopou peninsula, we admire the panoramic view of Chania Bay from the one side and the White Mountains range from the other. After some great photo opportunities, our off-road adventure starts through the wild beauty of Rodopou peninsula. The surrounding area is suitable for a day escape and nothing reminds one of being in Touristic Crete.
After one hour of off-road exploration, we reach Anc. Diktynna’s “private’’ beach is called Menies, a lovely secluded beach with pebbles and deep crystal blue waters. It is not affected by the usual winds blowing in the area and is ideal for isolation, far away from urban centres. Enough time will be provided for area exploration, swimming, and enjoying your individual lunch packages. Refreshed from the crystal waters and the idyllic landscape we will follow the road back to picturesque villages before reaching your hotel.
Our escort drivers with the help of the premium off-road vehicles of Uncharted Escapes will offer you the most exciting day in Rodopou Peninsula, allowing you to take in the best panoramic views of Northwest Crete with opportunities to capture every moment, embrace the local hospitality and privacy.
A unique escape, an exciting adventure to swim in a secluded beach far away from mass tourism, enjoying the sights and professional but relaxed service!!!
Whole Year-Round: Daily On Request
89.00 € Adults Aged 13-up
69.00€ Children aged from 12 and below
The prices are for group participation with a minimum of 4 pax to start per vehicle
- Free hotel pick up and drop off
- Private off-road 9 seater vehicles driven by multilingual escort-drivers
- A visit to a secluded pebbled beach
- Individual lunch packs with a bottle of water
- Liability Insurance and local taxes
- Towels or Umbrella's (Please note it's a non-organized isolated secluded beach, so bring your huts, suncream etc)
7-8 hours approx.
Pick up times
8:30 Kalives, 8:45 Chania Town, 8:55 Golden Beach, 9:00 Agioi Apostoloi, 9:10 Agia Marina, 9:15 Platanias, 9:20 Maleme, 9:25 Tavronitis, 9:30 Kolymvari
- Don’t forget your face masks, comfortable shoes, for example, trekking shoes or sandals, camera, sun protection, etc. During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
- The trip is not recommended to people suffering from car sickness, having mobility or kinetic or back problems, pregnant women or for children younger than 7 years old as we don't provide baby seats, or people taller than 195 cm or heavier than 130 kg. Alcohol consumption is not allowed to minors under the age of 18 years old. Our partner reserves the right to make minor changes in the program when considered necessary, for example, in case of unfavorable weather conditions. This can be done without any prior notice.
- If the tour is canceled due to an insufficient number of participants or adverse weather conditions, we will refund 100% of made payments.
The trip is ideal for everyone who's looking for an experience beyond the ordinary, for example, youth groups, single or couple participants, families with older children, and companies.
The trip has guided stops every 30-40 minutes, for everyone's convenience.
When meals are included, our partner can arrange vegetarian alternatives, but the information is required upon reservation. This also counts for any kind of food allergies, in order to find suitable alternatives if possible.
Travelers Info: COVID-19
Being always concerned about our guests and staff's wellbeing and having as a priority your health and safety, we remain committed to our premium standards, fully complied with all necessary measures set by the Government. Always ready to welcome you, we act with responsibility. We stay up to date following the guidelines set by The World Health Organisation and the National Public Health Organisation. We know that your holidays with family and friends are very important to you, so we are here to make sure you can relax, enjoy and dream the way you want to.
Before Your Tour:
- We recommend that you should be at the pick-up area (your hotel or another indicated point nearby your hotel) 10 minutes prior to your pick up time. Our driver/escort will be on time to welcome you and show your seat, in order to keep social distancing guidelines.
- Our vehicles are filled up according to governmental covid-19 law of their capacity. Those governmental laws and regulations against covid-19 infections might change, but are strictly followed at all times.
- The body temperature and wellness of all those participating in the tour (escort, driver, staff and guests) will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or other symptoms.
- Please follow all the instructions given to you by your guide.
- Sanitizing dispensers are available for each vehicle.
During Your Tour:
- Everybody that is taking part in the tour (escort, driver, guests, etc...) will wear a face mask throughout its duration as long as it is required by law.
- Sealed lunch boxes will be given on some of our day tours. On day tours which include meals served at restaurants, those will be provided only at restaurants following all the applicable hygiene protocols.
Enhanced Vehicle Cleaning:
- The average cleaning effort in all vehicles is doubled both during the day and after the end of each tour.
- All sensitive touch areas such as seats, armrests, sidewalls, etc. are intensively cleaned and sanitized daily before and after each tour.
Air Circulation On Board:
Our vehicles are equipped with A/C (and when used, the internal air circulation is turned to OFF) but as our safari tours are mainly operated in countryside we strongly recommend the tours to be conducted with open windows for continuous fresh air circulation and to feel the freshness of the countryside.
Our staff is trained in the latest hygiene protocols and cleaning procedures. They use personal protective equipment (face masks/shields and optional gloves) to ensure a safe travel experience for you and yourself.
Greece is well known for its long history and unique hospitality throughout the centuries. We remain confident that our services are of high value and will provide the most memorable experience in Greece to you, your family, or friends. We are looking forward to escaping the ordinary with you!
The reviews for the Chania Private Safari Tour to Rodopou Peninsula and Menies Beach