description Book now
Art Retreats in Gavalochori Village, Chania, Crete. Let the art guide you in lovely Crete!
- Small Group
- Gastronomy (Wine Tastings & Cooking Workshops)
- History & Culture
This is a 7-days creative journey inspired by magnificent landscapes and domestically renowned artists.
Great for anyone with a stressful lifestyle who wants to live more in the present moment.
You will be painting, sketching, and sculpting in Crete amidst luxurious accommodation and unique culinary experiences.
Guided at all times by an artist/art therapist you will paint stunning views and have fun exploring your inner creativity by focusing on the uniqueness of your own expression and way of seeing.
A wonderful retreat... a playful engagement between olive groves, crystal blue waters, old Venetian harbors, and art studios of renowned local artists. It is about you being inspired to make art.
Getting in the flow and expressing the uniqueness of your own creativity, careless about what the result will be. Let your art guide you and be the guide to your art. Share your insights and learn from other's insights.
Belverde Villas and owner and art therapist Penelope Orfanoudaki offer art retreats that are designed to accommodate beginners and all levels of painting skills. For beginners, no previous knowledge of painting is required.
Penelope Orfanoudaki is Greek-born, living and working abroad in Asia and Europe for over 15 years. Backed with corporate and hospitality experience she is a trained art therapist currently leading adult art groups at Folkuniversitetet in Stockholm. Penelope is also the founder of better-than-chocolate a company organizing art trips and art workshops in Europe and Asia. At the art retreats, Penelope collaborates with other art therapists and renowned artists. Local artists give classes and make their studios and private art collections available for visits and viewing.
If you feel happy with the idea of exploring creativity, painting, and discovering yourself through art then this is what you are looking for.
Crete, the island of wide-open olive groves and fabulous beaches not to mention authentic greek yogurt and thyme honey, unrivaled moussaka, gyros, dolmades, the list goes on… You will stay and paint in a luxury estate in Gavalochori. Gavalochori is a small traditional protected village close to Chania at Gavalochori Village (staying at Bleverde Villas) overlooking the village valley and the Aegean Sea at the far end. The valley of Gavalochori is often referred to as the Tuscany of Crete enjoying all year round silver-green olive groves. In the greater area of Chania, you will discover hidden gems: quaint villages, the famous Venetian Port, and discreet artist studios. Penelope’s family roots are in Gavalochori. She also runs Bleverde Villas.
A day could start with yoga or with a short walk or perhaps directly with the delicious breakfast prepared by Neil.
We may make art around our art studio in the morning or perhaps we will head out to visit a famous artist or walk around one of the most iconic Venetian ports in the Mediterranean.
We will have a delicious lunch and will make art with our portable materials wherever we are.
We will finish the day with a group discussion about the art we made and we will probably have dinner around the pool.
That's what a day would feel like!
Neil Ciano will be preparing our in-house meals and they will all be feasts of delicious tastes and wonderful presentations.
Food is the art of the body.
Fresh farm to fork communal dining experiences filled with flavourful food and fun conversations! All our in-house menus are committed to utilizing locally sourced ingredients assembling a diverse assortment of textures and flavours.
Not only they will please the palate - they will also respect the body and mind. Let our unique approach to food ignite your creativity and let your creativity be inspired by our food.
The homemade meals focus on a perfectly balanced mix of raw and cooked ingredients that maintain the nutritional integrity of each food, including essential enzymes vitamins and minerals, allowing you to benefit from the ‘life force’.
In turn, this will help to increase your energy level and boost your general wellbeing and a positive mindset.
The perfect way to start our artful days or wrap-up our daily creativity adventures.
Prices & Policies
- € 3,300 / per person all-inclusive except flights (Comfort room I (Sharing) - I am part of a 3 bedroom modern design villa. I am a twin room with all comforts and an en-suite bathroom. I have a lateral view of the garden. I am tastefully furnished and equipped with two Duxiana beds 90x200cm. I am here to share with another participant.).
- € 3,300 / per person all-inclusive except flights (Comfort room II (Sharing) - I am part of a 3 bedroom stone made villa. I am a quiet twin room with all comforts and a private bathroom. I have small windows and direct access to the pool terrace. I am tastefully furnished and equipped with CocoMat beds 90x180cm. I am to share with another participant.).
- € 3,600 / per person all-inclusive except flights (Luxury room (Sharing) - I am part of a 3 bedroom modern design villa. I am a spacious luxurious twin room with an en-suite bathroom and own lounge. I have a private herbal garden and beautiful views. I am tastefully furnished and equipped with Duxiana beds 90x200cm. I am to share with another participant. )
- € 4,000 / per person all inclusive except flights (The luxury room I (Private) - I am part of a 3 bedrooms modern design villa. I am a spacious luxurious double room with an en-suite bathroom occupying an entire floor. I am tastefully furnished and equipped with Duxiana beds 90x200cm. I am here to book for private use.
- € 4,000 / per person all-inclusive except flights (Luxury room II (Private) - I am part of a 3 bedroom stone made villa. I am a cozy double room with an en-suite bathroom. I have a terrace with breathtaking views and beautiful sunsets. I am tastefully furnished and equipped with a CocoMat bed 180x200cm. I am here to book for private use.
- € 3,600 / per person all-inclusive except flights (Comfort room I (Private) - I am part of a 3 bedroom villa. I am a twin room with all comforts and an en-suite bathroom. I have a lateral view to the garden. I am tastefully furnished and equipped with two Duxiana beds 90x180cm. I can be booked for private use.
- € 3.600 / per person all-inclusive except flights (Comfort room II (Private) - I am part of a 3 bedroom stone made villa. I am a twin quiet room with all comforts and a private bathroom. I have small windows and direct access to the pool terrace. I am tastefully furnished and equipped with CocoMat beds 90x180cm. I can be booked for private use.
Payment Policy :
- 30% downpayment at reservation.
- Balance payment 45 days before the trip
- Credit card payments (Visa and MasterCard) and bank transfers accepted
Cancellation policy :
- All cancellations will be handled with goodwill, however here is the course’s cancellation policy:
- Cancellations are free of charges if done 45 days before the trip.
- Cancellations received less than 45 days before the trip and more than 21 days before the trip, 30% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations received less than 21 days before the trip, 75% cancellation fee.
- For Non-Show, 100% cancellation fee.
Included in price
- 7 nights accommodation
- All meals (in-house dining prepared by Neil an Internationally acclaimed private chef. outside meals to well-selected tavernas).
- 6 days of active art-making with instruction (about 5 hrs a day).
- Transportation to and from the airport.
- Guided walk in Chania.
- Visit an artist's studio.
- All excursions and entrances to museums.
- Access to swimming pools and private gardens.
- Free wifi.
- Art-making materials
- May 2-9 (two places left)
- May 9-16 (few places)
- Oct 24-31 (few places)
- All travel arrangements not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Flight tickets (please contact us before you book your flights)
- Special diet needs may involve an extra charge.
- You will be part of a multicultural group.
- It may feel uncomfortable at the start but it will quickly be fine.
- The retreat involves walking.
- Bring along your positive mood!
The reviews for the Art Retreats in Gavalochori Village, Chania, Crete