description Book now
Explore the secrets of wine, olives and Cretan knives, with this activity in Crete you will find out all about Cretans Culture, see how Cretans harvest olives and produce extra virgin oil by visiting an olive mill, enjoy a full guided tour for wine tasting and see the whole wine-making process, enjoying Cretan traditional food and warm Cretan hospitality.
- Small Group
- Full Day
- Gastronomy (Wine Tastings & Cooking Workshops)
- History & Culture
- Jeep Safari Tours
- Cretan Villages
We are glad to offer you unique activities in lovely Crete in order to find out all about Cretans culture and their secrets for a long life on a Day Trip Jeep Safari, with the help of special equipped Land Rovers driving by expert English speaking guides.
- Starting our day trip safari to Cretan culture we visit Terra Creta olive mill and then Karavitakis winery for an informative tour with tasting in the Cretan secrets for long life!
- We visit Ano Vouves village with an ancient olive tree which is 3000 years old and an explanation on the history of olives. Working up an appetite we arrive at a small village tavern in Panethimos, where we will introduce you to the Cretan cuisine with plenty of food, wine and warm Cretan hospitality
- On the way up to Mesavlia we cross a gorge with its picturesque creek nestled amongst lush vegetation. There will be plenty of opportunities to take photos of Chapels, sheep, goats, vineyards and olive grooves on our way through the gorge.
- On the way back we pass through the historical Cretan villages of Kakopetros, Dromonero and Voukolies before we reach Chania town.
April to October : Tuesday - Saturday
80.00€ Adults Aged 13-up
50.00€ Childs aged from 12 and below
Semi private safari tour up to 6 or 8 persons per vehicle.
- Free hotel pick up and drop off.
- Premium offroad vehicles (7 or 9 seated) driven by multilingual escort–drivers.
- Entrance fees for the olive mill tour and tasting.
- Entrance fees for the winery tour and tasting.
- Lunch with traditional Cretan food and wine.
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
The reviews for the Explore the Secrets of Wine & Olives