You enjoy the use of an outdoor jacuzzi, workout room, swimming pool, fine restaurant - all with stunning views and service above the norm. Amongst the best.
We are most pleased.
We believe you will be delighted to stay in these luxury suites with their inspired, expensive, and tasteful decor.
The place to choose when you want luxury and splendor, yet do not wish to self-cater in your own villa, preferring the charm, calm, and intimacy of a select small hotel rather than the restless nature of a big resort at Elounda Village.
This is the choice for discerning couples or families who appreciate the more personal, more intimate feel offered by a place with only 10 exclusive suites. Fewer people create a quieter atmosphere. More room for you.
An air of calm and quality mingles with bright, memorable views of the Mirabello Gulf from the pool and restaurant area.
The decor is Haute époque with specially chosen drapes, fabrics, and stylish fittings. Beautiful rooms with fine furniture and big windows, balconies, pampering luxurious marble bathrooms, and handy kitchenettes.
The suites have one or two bedrooms and a spacious, separate living room.
All the equipment and useful items you might wish for and all you would expect in luxury are provided: slippers, bathrobes, satellite television, DVD and CD players, internet connection.
Breakfast is taken by the pool - with that view, gazing out over the Gulf.
Enjoy the stunning infinity pool; swim, float, relax and then order a drink at the side. Later, dine at the pool terrace - or for a rare chance, in the fine interior of the restaurant.
Whether an exercise fanatic or not, you will be tempted to use the Elixir Fitness Gallery, which not only has high-tech exercise equipment but also affords the most spectacular views. Or, relax and rejuvenate in the outdoor Jacuzzi of the gallery, enjoying the same views.
The Elounda Gulf Suites at Elounda Village offer the same service, aesthetics, and excellent standards as Elounda Gulf Villas - one of our selected places - which adjoins the Suites estate.
All guests of Elounda Gulf Suites are extended the elite opportunity to relax, swim, and sunbathe at the estate’s Private Beach Club. Equipped with sunbeds, luxurious sunshades, and plush beach towels, a great place to enjoy a relaxing day! Attentive service offers refreshing cocktails, drinks, and fresh fruits throughout the day. Located less than a 5-minute drive from the Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites, the hotel offers all guests daily shuttle services to the private beach.
Water sports and other beach services are offered upon request.
Private events, parties, weddings, and exclusive celebrations can be arranged at the private beach upon request.
Entry to the private beach is allowed only to the hotel’s guests, guaranteeing your privacy and ultimate serenity.
Why We Like It
- Five-star service without a corporate feel; family-run with attentive staff.
- Luxury suites with inspired, expensive, and tasteful decor.
- Spacious marble bathrooms with hydro-massage bathtub and below a hand-painted trompe l'oeil ceiling are the perfect place to revitalize yourself.
- An air of calm and quality mingles with bright, memorable views of the Mirabello Gulf from the pool and restaurant area
Good To Know
- The magnificent sea and surrounding views are spoiled by telephone wires and unattractive and unfinished hotels on the nearby hillside.
- Elounda Suites is popular with honeymooners, couples, small families, and British guests, partly because of its excellent, English-speaking ownership and staff.
There are 10 Suites and the decor is Haute-Epoque with specially chosen drapes, fabrics, and stylish fittings. Beautiful rooms with fine furniture and big windows, balconies, pampering luxurious marble bathrooms, and handy kitchenettes.
- 1 Bedroom Deluxe Senior Suite (approx. 60-75 m2): Can accommodate up to 3 guests. Beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated with fine furnishings, Italian quality fabrics, and a soothing color scheme these beautiful suites feature a master bedroom with an en-suite marble bathroom. Elegantly designed the living room area is equipped with tea and coffee facilities. The imposing floor-to-ceiling windows open out to a balcony or terrace overlooking the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mirabello or the fragrant gardens. The hotel’s main pool and specially designed children’s pool, as well as the parking space, is located a few steps away from the suites.
- 2 Bedrooms Deluxe Family Suite (approx. 100-125 m2): Stylishly designed 2 Bedroom Deluxe Family Suites can accommodate up to 5 guests. They feature two master bedrooms with ultra-comfortable beds covered in fine linen, spacious bathrooms, and a cozy living room equipped with tea and coffee facilities. Beautiful large windows offer views to the azure sea. Families can enjoy a refreshing swim at the main stunning pool of the hotel and a specially designed children’s pool located only a few steps away from the suites. All 2 Bedroom Deluxe Family Suites are ideal for groups of friends and relaxing family vacations and are equipped with several amenities promising a most comfortable stay.
- 1 Bedroom Massage Suite with Private Heated Pool, Sea View (approx. 60-75 m2): The new Massage Suite with a private pool is contemporary designed and decorated and offers a spacious combined sitting area with tea and coffee facilities and bedroom in an open-plan style. The Suites feature private seawater infinity pools with a multi hydro/air massage Jacuzzi, sun terraces, and sunbeds for guests' enjoyment and relaxation. The private pools can be heated and offer a unique mechanism of a night light which provides 36 different color combinations. The sea views over the Gulf of Mirabello are breathtaking. Bathrooms are marble-lined and provide a skylight. Suites are laid out in two levels and offer a private massage room and private steam bath. In-room treatments are available from the hotel's experienced team.
- Junior Private Pool Suite with Private Massage Room, Sea View ( 44 m2): Featuring contemporary decoration, this stylish suite features a combined sitting area and open plan style bedroom, with a double bed, and marble-lined bathroom with skylight. It offers a private seawater infinity pool with hydro/air massage facilities and a sun terrace with sun loungers. The private pool can be heated and has a mechanism of night light with 36 different color combinations. The Suite is equipped with a 55' smart TV, a handy smartphone for free international calls and free internet mobile data, espresso machine, stocked mini-bar, free wifi. Guests enjoy a panoramic sea view over the Gulf of Mirabello The Junior Private Pool Suite with private massage room, the sea view is ideal accommodation type for 2 guests, couples and honeymooners.
Facilities in the suites:
Individually controlled a/c, marble bathrooms, luxury bathrobes, hairdryer, toiletries, slippers, make-up mirror, satellite TV, DVD, CD-player, safe deposit box, wireless internet connection, tea and coffee facilities,
All guests of the Suites have free access at the Elixir Spa Gallery (gym room, sauna, steam bath, outdoor Jacuzzi, massage Room). Business Facilities on request.
Other facilities services on request: babysitting, massage in the privacy of Suite or massage room, airport transfer, delivery of the newspaper.
Please find more images of Suites and check prices here!
A buffet organic breakfast with locally sourced ingredients is included in the rate. You can have your breakfast in the restaurant or privately in your Villa (extra cost 40 Euros per person)
The Hotel offers a lounge bar and two gourmet restaurants:
The Argo a la carte restaurant by the pool offers a diverse menu of international and Mediterranean dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner throughout the day. This is an awarded restaurant for its creative Greek cuisine and it continues to astonish and delight its guests with various innovative culinary creations. For children, a special menu is available, to meet their personal preferences.
The Daphni la carte sea view restaurant is open for gourmet dining. At Dafni restaurant, guests enjoy international and Mediterranean dishes and wines from all over the world. This is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or even better to reserve the whole restaurant for private celebrations.
Daphni opening: 19:30-22:30, dress code: smart casual, open-air, verandah - Cuisine: Gourmet - Dress code: Smart casual, long pants for gentlemen are requested.
The Taverna (OPENING END OF MAY 2014), enjoy an intimate evening in our small taverna. Open every day for dinner, with just a few tables, it offers an extensive fish menu as well as some delicious meat choices. Special features include a fish market and fish displays. The ideal spot for a distinctive dinner.
Taverna opening hours: 19:00-22:00, dress code: smart casual, open-air, main pool front - Cuisine: Traditional Greek and Cretan
The Bar at the Private Beach Club serves all-day snacks and refreshments are offered in the Private Beach Club for guests’ enjoyment. Served 11:00-17:00
Culinary Theme Nights: Special theme nights with Greek delicacies and Greek dances. The hotel also organizes elegant gala dinners as well as more casual BBQ nights.
Private Dining: An extensive Room Service menu is available for all guests.
Private In-Villa Dining, for special occasions or anniversaries. Our expert culinary team will delight your taste buds with a private meal served on your terrace. Speak with one of the Elounda Gulf staff to arrange this very special event.
Argo lounge bar is a cozy lounge bar overlooking the hotel’s stunning infinity pool and the majestic waterfall. This trendy bar offers a warm and relaxing atmosphere for a pleasurable lounging experience. Argo bar is the ideal place for guests to savor a variety of flavorsome wines and delicious fruit-infused cocktails.
Open all day - Dress code: casual in the morning, smart casual in the evening - Served: 11.00 - 17.00
Relaxation, recreation, reconnection… It all starts with family quality time!
Elounda Gulf Villas & Suites is dedicated to providing an unparalleled holiday experience for families with children. The hotel's team is always on hand to ensure that everyone feels absolutely welcome, including our youngest guests.
Exceptional care meets fun and games at the EGV COOL CRECHE & KIDS’ CLUB, so that children spend fun-filled moments and parents can be sure that their offspring are in good hands.
The hotel’s concierge is always at your disposal to make reservations for a family dinner, offer suggestions for tomorrow’s outing or help arrange a reliable babysitter and a lot of exciting activities for junior guests.
Safety goes first, so transparent fences can be placed around the villa’s private pool for extra safety for babies and toddlers. Upon request, the hotel can also provide extra items and equipment to ensure children are totally comfortable.
Kids Activities: Swimming Lessons, Water-sports, Cycling, Tennis Lessons, Riding, Arts and Crafts
Entertainment for EGV Junior guests: Movie nights, Mini-Disco nights, PJ party, Creation evenings
- There is that stunning infinity pool; swim, float, relax and then order a drink at the side. Later, dine at the pool terrace - or for a rare chance, in the fine interior of the restaurant. Don't miss reading the romantic novel "The Island" by Victoria Hislop. The novel portrays life on nearby Spinalonga Island during the harrowing years as a leper colony.
- Elounda has a handsome harbor where fishing boats still come and go.
- On the southside of Elounda, an artificial causeway leads to the Kolokitha Peninsula. On the eastern side, there are two beaches with golden sand and crystal waters. The scenery would be perfect if not for the tourist boats coming from Agios Nikolaos to Spinalonga. If you ignore this and stay until everybody is gone, the only thing that will spoil your peace is the smell from the barbeques breaking your nose! There is also an archaeological site in the northern gulf. You are literally swimming around the remnants of the ancient port of Olous.
- Nearby Elounda is the charming fishing village of Plaka, where you can eat in a traditional taverna or enjoy your ouzo or tsikoudia at the lovely "Pefko" Coffee Bar.
- Take a boat trip (from Elounda or Plaka Village) to Spinalonga island, which was an important Venetian fortress that became a leper colony in 1903.
- Visit the nearby monastery of Aretiou, which has been one of the largest and most powerful monasteries in Crete with great fortune.
- Visit the ruins of the Minoan Palace of Malia and the excavation site.
- Explore the traditional Cretan villages of Kritza and Mochlos and enjoy a lovely lunch as both are famous for this. At Kritsa Village a worth visit is the archaeological site of the ancient city of Lato one of Crete's few non-Minoan ancient sties. And why not ... here at Kritsa Village, you can order a pair of Cretan boots for postal delivery at Detorakis one of the best shoemakers.
- From Kritsa it is a 16km climb up to the spectacular Katharo Plateau, which is cultivated by people from Kritsa, some of whom have homes here.
- The area around Elounda offers excellent diving. ... or Snorkeling in some ruins of the sunken ancient city of Olous, remaining in the sea.
- Check out Agios Nikolaos town with its sea-lake which provides all the shops from clothes and gifts to news, book and paraphernalia shops to cafes, attractive bars above and around the "lake" and harbor to a range of restaurants covering many tastes.
- Drive to Lassithi Plateau with Diktaion Cave (where Zeus was born)
- Explore and you can visit villages on the road to Sitia - one of the most scenic coastal roads anywhere. The fine monastery of Toplou beyond Sitia merits a visit....perhaps with a pause in Sitia itself.
- Enjoy the amazing tropical beach and the palm grove of Vai (or Finikodassos) in East Crete.
For more uplifting activities in East Crete!
- Check-in: 16.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
How To Get There
The exclusive Elounda Gulf Suites is located 2km away from Elounda Village on the popular eastern side of the island of Crete, high above the bay of Mirabello, just north of Agios Nikolaos.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Heraklion (65km) or Chania (215km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion Port (70km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: The rich daily buffet breakfast, fruit basket, and wine upon arrival, replacement of mineral water every day are included. In addition, you have tea and coffee facilities in your suite. Half Board for Suites and Villas is 45 euros per person per day, 25 euros per child per day up to 12 years old. In addition, the superb restaurant serving Cretan and modern Med fare and the cocktail bar that stays open until late.
- Internet Access: Free WiFi throughout. Free Use of the PC Corner for all guests
- Swimming Pool: A large seasonally-heated seawater swimming pool with Jacuzzi and jet, plus a cascading waterfall
- Spa Treatments: The Elexir Spa Gallery has a sauna, steam bath, massage room, outdoor Jacuzzi and gym, and offers massages, aromatherapy, reiki, reflexology, facials, manicure, pedicure and hairdresser services
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: On request
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Free parking area, on-site
- Concierge service: is provided
- Services On Request Include: In-suite dining and room service, Private In-Suite parties and celebrations, Personal shopping deliveries, Newspaper delivery of your choice, In-suite VIP check-in and check-out, Pillow menu, Laundry and dry cleaning, Doctor on call, In-suite massage, Hairdresser and beauty treatments, Diving lessons in the villa pool, Personal trainer, Yoga, and Pilates private sessions, Car hire, Chauffeured airport transfer, Club cars, Business services, Helicopter and private jet rental, Yacht rental, Delivery of Shopping