- East of Preveli Villas is located in a remote part of south Crete ideal for walkers and those who like to get away from it all. People who enjoy small uncrowded, secluded, quiet, unspoiled superb beaches.
- Discover the small, authentic small villages around and just feel another way of life
- A short walk to the east brings you to the long sandy beach of Ligres and Triopetra, or three rocks, while to the west you can reach the palm beach of Moni Preveli and the ancient monastery of Preveli within a couple of hours on foot – or less than 20 minutes by car and of course the beach of Agios Pavlos to the east.
- Visit the famous springs of Spili, just 30 minutes away, and the fishing harbor of Agia Galini (34 km).
- Hike the little-known but impressive gorge of Agios Antonios.
- The Minoan sites of Phaistos (52 km) and its recently discovered port at Komos, and the Roman city of Gortys are also within easy reach.
- A short drive away, the Amari valley is a wonderful place to visit in the heat of the summer, where the traditional mountain villages with their plane trees, cool springs and kafenions are still untouched by tourism.
- In spring the whole area is rich in wildflowers and there are marvelous walks in the mountains and along the sea from Agia Fotini to Moni Preveli and Agios Pavlos and through traditional villages.
- On the hill near the tavern of Agia Fotini, you can still see the ruins of the ancient town Kionia, which flourished in the prominent years. Today, the ruins of the town cover an area of more than 150 meters (from east to west) and 100 meters (from north to south), while the other half of town is situated below the sea surface, in front of the tavern.
- If you do start observing the surrounding area, you will notice traces of buildings and terraces that indicate the existence of Kionia. It is believed that when the town began to sink in water, inhabitants were forced to abandon it and move on higher areas, where the villages Kerames and Agallianos are now located.
Find more activities in Rethimno here!
- Check-in: 15.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy:
Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount to confirm the reservation.
The deposit amount will be charged 4 weeks before your arrival
No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied.
The Balance amount is to be paid (in CASH) directly to East of Preveli Villas at the time of stay.
- Cancellation Policy:
Up to 4 weeks before arrival - full refund.
After that period, the deposit is not refundable if you cancel.
Not arriving at the hotel for your booking: the full balance will be charged (at the hotel's discretion).
Departure before booked departure date: at the hotel's discretion, the full balance may be charged by the hotel.
MHTE: 10 41 K 12 2K 02460 0 0
How To Get There
East of Preveli Villas is located in a unique location at southern Rethimno and nearby the great Preveli Beach and a few others, as Triopetra, Ligres, Agia Fotini, Ammoudi.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter flights to Chania Airport which is the closest one (103km) and, more frequently, to the capital Heraklion Airport(119km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Souda-Chania Port (86.5km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries (to Santorini, Kythira, Rhodes, Piraeus) via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Complete kitchens invite preparation of culinary delights. The villas' fully equipped kitchens are spacious and provide you with utensils and basic ingredients (herbs, olive oil, bin bags, sponges, etc are provided). A shaded of bamboo veranda ideal for al fresco meals with amazing sea views. Don't forget to stock up as you pass through Spili Village.
- Swimming Pool: Each villa has its private pool (with children's pool) with sensational sea views. Dimensions: 3.8 x 7m and until 1.40m depth Villa Faye and 4 x 8m and until 1.40m depth Villa Chryssa
- Maid Service: Self-catering (once per week linen and towels changes)
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Air conditioning: Just in bedrooms and there is an extra cost, payable locally of 5€ per day
- Central Heating: NO
- Internet Access: Shortly WiFi via satellite (please do ask for more details)
- Languages Spoken: English, Greek