A great place to discover the beautiful beaches of Triopetra, south Crete and taste the delights of Cretan cuisine.
Notos Apartments - Hotel ... enjoy the sound of the Libyan sea, waves, Meltemi wind, and the strong touch of the sun ... and relaxing in the fresh sea breeze!
This is the superb south coast of Crete. Crete is an island that the more you visit the more you need to come again and again.
Notos Apartments at Triopetra Beach, on the south coast of Rethimno, Crete is the place you are looking for to relax in harmony with nature and feel a positive energy.
Notos is located just 1 km away from Triopetra Beach and offers 8 tastefully, brand new and equipped apartments as well as 4 double rooms ideals for long and short stays with views of the Libyan Sea and the islet of Gavdos, Gavdopoula, and Paximadia and within easy access to beaches of extraordinary natural beauty fit for all desires.
A great place to discover the beautiful beaches of Triopetra, Ligres, Agia Fotini, Agios Pavlos, Preveli, and taste the delights of the Cretan cuisine ... the authentic Cretan life with emotion and enthusiasm.
Yiannis your gracious host understands how exhausting “modern” life is and that's why he respects your vacation knowing how valuable it is for you.
Around Notos, you will discover some of the most interesting sights and most beautiful beaches of Crete. During the summer tavernas are offering great Cretan hospitality.
Triopetra consists mainly of two beaches, which are separated by a small peninsula. At the edge of the peninsula, in the sea, three majestic rocks rise. Triopetra is named after these rocks since it means “Three Rocks”.
The first beach, known as Small Triopetra (or Koumado), is located in a closed sandy and rocky bay, south of the three rocks. The main beach of Triopetra, West Triopetra (or Chatzi), is formed west of the rocks and extends to the west for several kilometers. The beach has beautiful coarse sand and beautiful watercolors. Its west orientation makes it vulnerable to the western winds, but also famous for its fantastic sunsets.
The east part of the beach is organized with taverns, rooms, and umbrellas, but never seems crowded.
Why We Like It
- A great location enjoying maybe some of the best beaches in Crete.
- Enjoy walking Triopetra to Agios Pavlos Beach or the west until Preveli Beach by the sea ... Spring and Autumn are the best periods.
- Stunning views of the Libyan Sea and the islet of Gavdos, Gavdopoula, and Paximadia.
Good To Know
- Children's cots/cribs are not available. There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
- You need to rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
The Rooms & Apartments
Notos Hotel - Triopetra offers 8 tastefully, brand new and equipped studios as well as 4 double rooms ideals for long and short stays with views of the Libyan Sea and the islet of Gavdos, Gavdopoula, and Paximadia and within easy access to beaches of extraordinary natural beauty fit for all desires.
- Studios of 40 m2 with 12 m2 balconies fully equipped including a sleep sofa to sleep up to four people. Featuring a kitchenette and a dining area, these tastefully decorated studios overlook the Cretan Sea from its balcony. Bathroom with shower. It also includes a TV, DVD player and air conditioning.
- Double Rooms of 20 m2 ideal for 2 people. They are tastefully furnished and overlooking the Cretan Sea from its balcony. Bathroom with shower. It includes a TV, DVD player and air conditioning.
Complete kitchens with kitchenette at Studios invite preparation of culinary delights.
Don't forget to stock up as you pass through Spili Village.
As welcome of course Tsikoudia or Raki.
Would you maybe like to eat out?
The east part of Triopetra beach is organized with excellent taverns.
Or a bit further Agia Fotini Taverna is a traditional taverna popular with Cretans who travel from miles around to enjoy fresh food in an idyllic location and probably is going to remind you of the Crete in the 60s and 70s. It specializes in fresh fish caught by local fisherman – or Stavros himself when he gets the time to go out in his boat.
There are two tavernas above Ligres Beach both family-run and both have been quite popular with previous guests.
Further at Triopetra, there are other two tavernas that offer free sunbeds if you use their tavernas.
Note that you don't have to go up to Kerames to get to either Ligres or Triopetra Beach, there is a turning right which is signposted for Ligres approx. 1 km up the hill (tarmac road).
Families are welcome at Notos Apartments.
Studios are most suitable for families with up to 2 children as they provide a sofa to accommodate 2 extra people.
Children's cots/cribs are not available. There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
- Notos Apartments is located in a remote part of south Crete ideal for walkers and those who like to get away from it all. People who enjoy small uncrowded, secluded, quiet, unspoiled superb beaches.
- Discover the small, authentic small villages around and just feel another way of life.
- Enjoy the sound of the Libyan sea, waves, Meltemi wind, and the strong touch of the sun ... and relaxing in the fresh sea breeze at Triopetra Beach.
- A short drive or a longer walk to the west brings you to the long sandy beach of Ligres and Agia Fotini and even further to the west you can reach the palm beach of Moni Preveli and the ancient monastery of Preveli within a couple of hours on foot or less than 20 minutes by car and of course the beach of Agios Pavlos to the east.
- Visit the famous springs of Spili, just 30 minutes away, and the fishing harbor of Agia Galini (34 km).
- Hike the little-known but impressive gorge of Agios Antonios.
- The Minoan sites of Phaistos (52 km) and its recently discovered port at Komos, and the Roman city of Gortys are also within easy reach.
- A short drive away, the Amari valley is a wonderful place to visit in the heat of the summer, where the traditional mountain villages with their plane trees, cool springs and kafenions are still untouched by tourism.
- In spring the whole area is rich in wildflowers and there are marvelous walks in the mountains and along the sea from Agia Fotini to Moni Preveli and Agios Pavlos and through traditional villages.
- More uplifting activities in south Rethimno - Crete.
- Check-in: 14.30 - 21.30 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy:
Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount to confirm the reservation.
No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied.
The Balance amount is to be paid directly to Notos Apartments at the time of stay.
Note: Credit cards Not accepted, you will need to pay the balance in CASH.
- Cancellation Policy:
Up to 4 weeks before arrival - full refund.
After that period, the deposit is not refundable, in addition, if you cancel.
Not arriving at the hotel for your booking: the full balance will be charged (at the hotel's discretion).
Departure before booked departure date: at the hotel's discretion, the full balance may be charged by the hotel.
How To Get There
Notos Hotel is located just 1 km away from Triopetra Beach and offers 8 tastefully, brand new and equipped apartments as well as 4 double rooms ideals for long and short stays with views of the Libyan Sea and the islet of Gavdos, Gavdopoula, and Paximadia and within easy access to beaches of extraordinary natural beauty fit for all desires.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Chania (104km) and, more frequently, to the capital Heraklion (122 km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (90km from the village)or Heraklion Port (119km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Equipped kitchens with kitchenette at Studios invite preparation of culinary delights. Don't forget to stock up as you pass through Spili Village. As welcome of course Tsikoudia or Raki
- Swimming Pool: None
- Maid Service: Cleaning two times per week
- Disabled Access: Yes Suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Air conditioning: Free of charge
- Heating: Fireplace at Studios
- Internet Access: WiFi Internet
- Spa Treatments: Yoga (on request)
- Languages Spoken: English, French, Greek