- Two (2) Studio apartments (No 1 & 4) on the ground floor with a big veranda and sea views and one room with a dining table and double bed (No 1) or twin beds (No 4). Bathroom with shower. Studios offer air condition (free of charge), TV, radio CD Player, a small kitchenette with a fridge, kettle, filter coffee machine, toaster, iron and ironing board and lockers, a small kitchen table, a wardrobe, a safety box, and a big and marvelous veranda with veranda table and chairs and sunbeds and an umbrella.
- The first-floor Two-Bedroom apartments (No 2 & 5) have a spacious open-plan living room, furnished with a comfortable sofa/bed, a light beech dining table, and bistro-style chairs. The kitchen area is very well equipped with a full cooker, large refrigerator and freezer, microwave, filter coffee machine, and a mini dishwasher. Through sliding glass doors with mosquito nets and a generous veranda is shaded by a bamboo roof and furnished with a cane sofa and chairs, a glass table, sunbeds. and an umbrella. The design of the building provides maximum privacy on the terrace.
The turquoise tiled bathrooms have a big bathtub. The tidily furnished double and twin bedrooms have fitted wardrobes offering plenty of cupboard space and pretty glazed bedside tables equipped with lamps. The two bedrooms apartments offer air-conditioning, TV, fireplace, lounge, a kitchen with a big refrigerator and freezer, cooker-hood, filter coffee machine, toaster, kettle, frappe maker, home cinema, oven, dishwasher, iron and ironing board, computer with printer, safety box, kitchen table, wardrobe.
Please note: There are approximately 30 steps up to these apartments from the parking area and the air conditioning is payable locally of 6€ per day for the use of 2 a/c units at Apartments
- The top floor One-Bedroom Apartments (No 3 & 6 - both with double beds) have a spacious open plan living room, furnished with a comfortable sofa/bed, a light beech dining table, and bistro-style chairs. The kitchen area is well equipped with a full cooker, large refrigerator and freezer, microwave oven, filter coffee machine, and a mini dishwasher. Through sliding glass doors with mosquito nets and a generous veranda is shaded by a bamboo roof and furnished with a cane sofa and chairs, a glass table, sunbeds, and an umbrella. The design of the building provides maximum privacy on the balcony.
The turquoise tiled bathrooms have bathtubs and the tidily furnished double bedrooms have cupboard space plenty. The positioning of the building means there is no view from the window, which serves to permit a cooling through draught of sea air. These apartments offer air-conditioning, TV, fireplace, lounge, a kitchen with a big refrigerator and freezer, cooker-hood, filter coffee machine, toaster, kettle, frappe maker, home cinema, oven, dishwasher, iron and ironing board, computer with printer, safety box, kitchen table, wardrobe.
Please note: There are approximately 50 steps up to these apartments from the parking area and the air conditioning is payable locally of 6€ per day for the use of 2 a/c units at Apartments
At Kionia Apartments, complete kitchens (only at Apartments and Kitchenette at Studios) invite preparation of culinary delights. The fully equipped kitchens are spacious and provide you with utensils and basic ingredients (herbs, olive oil, bin bags, sponges, etc are provided). A shaded bamboo veranda ideal for al fresco meals with amazing sea views.
For shopping, Lefteri's (owner of Kionia Apts) Mini Market at Kerames village, could be a delightful surprise with its quality, local products. If you do intend to self-cater, you will need to stop and buy your provisions as you pass through.
For a bigger super-market, you have to drive (20min) to Spili Village. There is a small mini-market on the Ammoudi Beach (4 km dirt track) too, but with limited supplies.
Would you maybe like to eat out? Agia FotiaTaverna is just a 5 minutes walk. Agia Fotini is a traditional taverna popular with Cretans who travel from miles around to enjoy fresh food in an idyllic location and probably is going to remind you of the Crete in the 60s and 70s. It specializes in fresh fish caught by local fisherman – or Stavros himself when he gets the time to go out in his boat.
There are two tavernas above Ligres Beach both family-run and both have been quite popular with previous guests.
Further at Triopetra, the other two tavernas offer free sunbeds if you use their tavernas.
Note that you don't have to go up to Kerames to get to either Ligres or Triopetra Beach, there is a turning right which is signposted for Ligres approx. 1 km up the hill (tarmac road)
Families are welcome at Kionia Apartments.
The two-bedroom Apartments could ideally meet the needs of a family.
- Kionia Apartments & Studios is located in a remote part of south Crete ideal for walkers and those who like to get away from it all. People who enjoy small uncrowded, secluded, quiet, unspoiled superb beaches.
- Discover the small, authentic small villages around and just feel another way of life
- A short walk to the east brings you to the long sandy beach of Ligres and Triopetra, or three rocks, while to the west you can reach the palm beach of Moni Preveli and the ancient monastery of Preveli within a couple of hours on foot – or less than 20 minutes by car and of course the beach of Agios Pavlos to the east.
- Visit the famous springs of Spili, just 30 minutes away, and the fishing harbor of Agia Galini (34 km).
- Hike the little-known but impressive gorge of Agios Antonios.
- The Minoan sites of Phaistos (52 km) and its recently discovered port at Komos, and the Roman city of Gortys are also within easy reach.
- A short drive away, the Amari valley is a wonderful place to visit in the heat of the summer, where the traditional mountain villages with their plane trees, cool springs and kafenions are still untouched by tourism.
- In spring the whole area is rich in wildflowers and there are marvelous walks in the mountains and along the sea from Agia Fotini to Moni Preveli and Agios Pavlos and through traditional villages.
- On the hill near the tavern of Agia Fotini, you can still see the ruins of the ancient town Kionia, which flourished in the pro-Minoan years. Today, the ruins of the town cover an area of more than 150 meters (from east to west) and 100 meters (from north to south), while the other half of town is situated below the sea surface, in front of the tavern.
- If you do start observing the surrounding area, you will notice traces of buildings and terraces that indicate the existence of Kionia. It is believed that when the town began to sink in water, inhabitants were forced to abandon it and move on higher areas, where the villages Kerames and Agallianos are now located.
- More activities in Rethimno Area here!
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount to confirm the reservation.
- Deposit amount will be charged 4 weeks before your arrival.
- No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied.
- The Balance amount is to be paid directly to Kionia Apartments at the time of stay. Note: Credit cards Not accepted, you will need to pay the balance in CASH.
- Up to 4 weeks before arrival - full refund.
- After that period, the deposit is not refundable, in addition, if you cancel.
- Not arriving at the hotel for your booking: the full balance will be charged (at the hotel's discretion).
- Departure before booked departure date: at the hotel's discretion, the full balance may be charged by the hotel.
How To Get There
Kionia Apartments located in Agia Fotini, at Kerames - Municipality of Agios Vasilios, in the prefecture of Rethymno in South Crete, about 4 km from Kerame and 9 km from Triopetra and 4.5 km from Preveli.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Chania (104km) and, more frequently, to the capital Heraklion (122 km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Boat
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (90km from the village)or Heraklion Port (119km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Complete kitchens (only at Apartments and Kitchenette at Studios) invite preparation of culinary delights. Apartments fully equipped kitchens are spacious and provide you with utensils and basic ingredients (herbs, olive oil, bin bags, sponges, etc are provided). A shaded of bamboo veranda ideal for al fresco meals with amazing sea views. Don't forget to stock up as you pass through Spili Village.
- Swimming Pool: None
- Maid Service: Lefteri's wife Emmanuella, does the cleaning two times per week
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Are allowed by prior arrangement
- Air conditioning: Free for the Studios but there is a cost, payable locally of 6€ per day for the use of 2 a/c units at Apartments
- Heating: Central Heating
- Internet Access: Free Wifi
- Languages Spoken: English, Greek