- The area around Fabrica provides lovely walks down country lanes of vineyards, olive fields, for those who enjoy walking/hiking.
- The Monastery of St.John is situated across the main veranda don't miss a visit there!
- Would you like to know how ceramics are made and decorated? There is a ceramics lab in Anopoli village. Test your skills in ceramics and keep your creations as a souvenir.
- Head into Heraklion Town (15 minutes' drive) to sip iced coffee or Greek coffee and eat a bougatsa (a pastry that wraps up a yummy custard and then is sprinkled with cinnamon and icing sugar) around the 17th-century Morosini fountain. Don't miss to explore the Venetian sea walls and fortress and visit the Archeological Museum (it's currently closed for renovation, but there's a temporary exhibition to explore)
- Visit the Bronze Age palace of Knossos (20 minutes' drive away).
- The visit of Knossos can also be combined with a visit to the village of Archanes which has won the 2nd "best-restored village in Europe". There are four archaeological sites here - one in the village (a fenced excavation) and three close by, at Anemospilia, at Fourni (on the edge of the village - a Minoan graveyard) and the fourth one, Vathypetro, on the way to Houdetsi is worthwhile not only for the finds but also some of the most magnificent views of Crete which you can see from the site - a unique vantage point
- Don't miss to hike up the nearby summit of Giouhtas, (you can see it from your vill) at the lovely village of Archanes.
- Visit the Museum of Nikos Kazantzakis (15km) at Mirtia (or Varvaroi) (www.kazantzakis-museum.gr) the important intellectual, author, thinker, philosopher, politician, and traveler (15km)
- Time for beach, Kokkini Hani with its sandy beach is just 4.5km away or maybe you would like to drive further to Agia Pelagia and Ligaria is just a 30 minutes drive or even further to the south coast (1 hour) to see the ex-hippy-hangout of Matala and the stunning long beach of Komos.
- Time for fun, take the kids to a water park - Water City (1km) - or visit the Cretaquarium this is where your experience exploring the Mediterranean sea world begins.
- Do you maybe enjoy playing golf? The Crete Golf Club is just 20km away.
- Crete is famous for its wine as well. You could enjoy a wine tasting at a local vineyard. Boutari is located near Skalani Village and offers organized tours with an audio-visual presentation and is popular with tour groups, or maybe ask Alexandros to arrange a visit to a smaller, less commercial vineyard at Houdetsi or Venerato.
- Lassithi plateau is ideal for those who love cycling. Enjoy the 18km ride that goes through almost all the little villages. This ride is especially nice.
- More uplifting activities in Heraklion Area.
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 5-7 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy:
Credit card details (Visa or Mastercard) are required to charge the deposit amount in order to confirm reservation.
No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied.
Balance amount is to be paid directly to Fabrica at time of stay.
Credit cards accepted by Fabrica House : Mastercard, Visa.
- Cancellation Policy:
How To Get There
Anopolis is a typical Cretan village, situated 15km away from Heraklion airport, 17km from Heraklion port and 5km from the nearest sandy beach at Kokkini Hani.
- By Air
From May through October there are direct charter and scheduled flights to Heraklion airport (12km from the village) and also to Chania airport 164km. Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By sea
If you love traveling by ferry, reserve a flight to Athens and then from Piraeus port to Heraklion by ferry. It takes 8 hours and the ferries are good. Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries from our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: The House has a fully equipped kitchen that provides you everything you need to prepare your meal, in the garden you can also use the BBQ and the stone oven
- Internet Access: Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Swimming Pool: Fabrica does not provide a swimming pool however has a marvelous terrace, to spend your time reading a book or just dreaming
- Spa Treatments: Not available
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English, German, French
- Parking: Guests park their car near the house and have to walk a few minutes