- The Candia Park Village features some of the best family activities in Crete, as well as a great range of child-friendly and babysitting services.
- Both families and kids can enjoy their holidays with a great range of recreational activities, sports, and water sports adventures. Families and couples alike are welcome to stroll through the neighborhood, relish delightful dishes and kids’ meals, spend some quality time together, enjoy a game of basketball, tennis, or volleyball and partake in the most exciting windsurfing, scuba diving, water skiing, jet skiing, and sailing adventures at the Candia Ski Club situated by the hotel’s beach.
- In addition, eco-friendly Candia Park Village features a great variety of environmental activities for both children and adults. From the blue bikes allowing guests to discover the region’s secret gems to quality landscape photography contests, original Greek games, and children's art contests, the hotel allows guests to explore Cretan nature.
- Relax and revitalize your senses with a soothing massage on the beach while breathing in the sweet summer breeze.
- Agios Nikolaos itself provides all the shops from clothes and gifts to news, book and paraphernalia shops to cafes, attractive bars above and around the "lake" and harbor to a range of restaurants covering many tastes.
- Enjoy an amazing cruise and explore every bit of the Kolokytha’s gulfs. You will dive into the crystal clear water of Mirabello Bay, rest in the golden beach, visit Spinalonga Island and swim to the unique pebbled seashore of the picturesque village of Plaka.
- Or an alternative option could be a Sea Kayak exploration of this unique, great place.
- Explore and you can visit villages on the road to Sitia - one of the most scenic coastal roads anywhere. The fine monastery of Toplou beyond Sitia merits a visit....perhaps with a pause in Sitia itself. In the other direction pass through Elounda and carry on to Plaka for fresh fish at the water's edge, with the Pasolini-esque view of Spinalonga island opposite.
- Explore the traditional Cretan villages of Kritza and Mochlos and enjoy a lovely lunch as both are famous for this. At Kritsa Village a worth visit is the archaeological site of the ancient city of Lato one of Crete's few non-Minoan ancient sties. And why not ... here at Kritsa Village, you can order a pair of Cretan boots for postal delivery at Detorakis one of the best shoemakers.
- From Kritsa it is a 16km climb up to the spectacular Katharo Plateau, which is cultivated by people from Kritsa, some of whom have homes here.
- The area around Elounda offers excellent diving ... or Snorkeling in some ruins of the sunken ancient city of Olous, still remaining in the sea.
- A list of Top 10 Must-See Attractions:
Archaeological Museum of Aghios Nikolaos
With beautiful antiquities from the Minoan Civilization and the Palace of Zarkos east Crete.
Byzantine Church of Aghios Nikolaos
The oldest Byzantine Church in Crete 7th century with beautiful frescoes at the entrance of the Hotel.
Village of Kritsa and “Panagia Kera”
Byzantine church. A very beautiful untouched village only 10 km from Aghios Nikolaos. The famous church of the Virgin Mary with unique architecture and beautiful frescoes and old icons.
The Plateau of Lassithi
The mountain of Lassithi and the Plateau of the Wind Mills with the cave “Diktaion Andron” where Zeus, King of Olympic Gods, was born.
Spinaloga island with the Venetian Castle
A beautiful excursion by boat in Mirabello Bay.
Kri – Kri Island
Just across the bay 2 miles from the Hotel. A natural reserve of the rare wild Cretan goat Kri – Kri.
The ruins of the Minoan Palace of Malia
The ruins of the Minoan Palace of Malia and the excavation site.
The Byzantine Monastery of Toplou
The Byzantine Monastery of Toplou nearby Sitia Town with famous icons collection unique in the world. Producer of excellent wine, Virgin Olive Oil and Cretan Raki.
The Knossos Palace
Home of the legendary King Minos with the Labyrinth and the King’s treasures at the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion. A unique collection of frescoes, paintings, jewelry of the Minoan civilization 2000b.c.
The Beaches of Vai (palm beach) and Palaikastro
Both awarded by the European Union among the 100 best beaches in the world.
About 3km north of Vai is the ancient Minoan site of Itanos, It may appear fairly desolate today, but this was an important site.
Customs & Festivals
- The “Lato” summer cultural events, the festival of Agios Nikolaos on December the 6th, as well as the Resurrection and the burning of Judas on stage in the center of the lake in Agios Nikolaos.
- The Resurrection at Toplou Monastery in Vai.
- The summer cultural events and the Free – Fish Night in October at Elounda.
- The festival of the Metamorphosis on August the 6th in Zakros.
- The cultural events “Kirbia” in July or August, and the traditional festivals on August 15th in Ierapetra.
- Three – day cultural events in August, the liturgy at the church of Kera on August 15th, and the festival of Metamorphosis on August the 6th in Kritsa.
- The festival of Panagia on August the 15th in Neapolis.
- The cultural association of Tzemiado organizes cultural events throughout the summer season.
- The “Kornaria” cultural events in July or August, the festival of “Soultanina” in August, and the festival of Prophet Elias on July the 20th in Sitia.
- More uplifting activities in East Crete!.
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
How To Get There
Candia Park Village is ideally situated in a privileged setting - overlooking the Mirabello Bay, at Agios Nikolaos of Crete!
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter and scheduled flights to Heraklion airport (62km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Heraklion Port (64km from the Hotel). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
Candia Park Village, one large main pool is surrounded by several kiddy pools; a grassy slope tumbles down to a glorious strip of sandy beach fringed with pine trees.
A path leading further along the rocky coastline has a sprinkling of private jetties with sunbeds (ladders descend to the sea).
There are volleyball and tennis courts, a supermarket selling food and drinks at competitive prices. and a mini club for tots (classes include cookie making and stone painting). Older kids have pool tables and a room full of video games. The coin-operated self-service laundry is a (typically) thoughtful touch.
- Two Outdoor Swimming Pools with fresh water (one with a Jacuzzi) & one outdoor children’s
pool with fresh water, all the swimming pools are covering an area of 2000 m2 over 2 levels
Min Temperature: Approx. 26 °- Min – Max Depth: 0.60 – 2.80 m
Towel service free of charge - Sunbeds & Umbrellas: free of charge
1 sandy beach & 1 pebbles beach
Length of the beach: 80m
Towel service free of charge - Sunbeds & umbrellas: free of charge
- Access for guests with disabilities: There are 18 rooms adapted for guests with disabilities and ramps throughout the property
- Pets Policy: Small dogs up to 5 kg are allowed only in rooms, not allowed in public areas or beach
- Sports Facilities & Wellness:
- 2 Outdoor swimming pools
- 1 Children’s pool
- Water sports (Water ski, Sailing, Scuba Diving, Windsurfing, Jetski)*
- Wellness * (Massage by the beach)
- Tennis court (2) – Tennis lessons *
- Basketball floodlit court
- Volleyball floodlit court
*at extra charge
- Mini Blues: For children from 4 -12 years, offering fourteen-day fun
activities and games program, attended by the hotel’s staff.
Opening hours: 10:00 - 20:00
- Baby-sitting is available on request.
- Family-friendly: Yes. Kids up to 11 stay free and the staff is endlessly patient. Self-catering facilities make this a good choice for budget-conscious families.
- Housekeeping Rooms are cleaned daily and linen changed every other day. Guests are responsible for the cleaning of their dishes and the kitchen area.
- A Supermarket opened from 08.00 hrs. to 20.00 hrs. selling food and drinks at competitive prices.
- Inblu fashion boutique & Blue Buys mementos. Newspapers, Magazines, Books. Opening Hours: 10:00 – 13:30 & 17:30 - 22:00
- Laundry: A self-service coin-operated laundry service is available next to the Supermarket