Argyro Rooms is a small family-run hotel at the traditional village of Kritsa, combines harmony, tranquillity, quality in a selected home-like atmosphere with warm and gracious hospitality and a small restaurant with home-cooking delicious Cretan food.
This charming hotel is built amphitheatrically at the foot of a rock at Kritsa Village in Eastern Crete.
Argyro and her family run their small hotel with love, respect, and passion for over 25 years offering a pleasant and memorable stay to all guests, most of them are multiple repeaters. Here you will stay with people who care.
Argyro Rooms is dedicated to delivering experiences that are immersive and real, giving its guests a journey of genuine discovery. From the location of the hotel to the menus in the restaurant, to the local beauties of Kritsa village and surroundings, to the unique beaches around and wild beauty of Cretan mountains, ensure that you will feel as if you are truly part of this unique place.
The family-run small restaurant, located in the hotel, serves up quality typical Cretan food and delicious breakfasts ... mama Argryo is cooking ... a unique traditional cooking experience.
Kritsa is interesting for people who like to walk, there is a great walk to Plateau Katharo (it's from the Minoan period) and also the Kritsa Gorge. In addition, Kritsa is just 11 km. west of the picturesque town of Agios Nikolaos, and lays on an altitude of 375 m. Its inhabitants are the descends of the ancient city "Lato Etera", whose ruins are discovered 3 km. northwest of the village and is a must-visit, once you are in Kritsa.
So, if you want excellent value in a superb location but also want to experience a bit of the real Crete, don't delay and book your stay.
In Kritsa people keep the old Cretan customs and traditions. You can enjoy walking through the narrow streets and alleys of the village that will give you unique experiences.
Kritsa has many Byzantine churches with wonderful frescoes of the 14th and 15th century. The most remarkable is the famous Panagia Kera, with its dome and steep sides, surrounded by cypress trees offering an astonishing sight.
It's also a good "hub" and from there go to Ierapetra (Chrissi), Gourmia, Agios Nikolaos, Lassithi Plateau, and just 64.5 km from Heraklion airport.
- Hotel Name: Argyro Rooms - Kritsa Village
- Area: Lasithi, Kritsa
- Why Go: Countryside,Food & Wine,Friendly Environment,Mountains,Relaxed,Village Atmosphere,Restaurant
Why we like it
- So, if you want excellent value in a superb location but also want to experience a bit of the real Crete, don't delay and book your stay.
- A family-run small hotel at the traditional village of Kritsa, combines harmony, tranquillity, quality in a selected home-like atmosphere with warm and gracious hospitality and a small restaurant with home-cooking delicious Cretan food.
- Argyro is so friendly and helpful and makes the whole experience top class.
What to know
- You have to prebook especially for July, August and September when the hotel is often fully booked.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Cheap & Chic :|
|Rooms:||10||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Breakfast & Meals||Village Atmosphere :|
|Children:||Welcome||Quality of Service :|