Candia Park Village, stay with people who care ...
Tradition, charm and relaxation at this family-friendly hotel, set right on the waterfront along the dazzling Mirabello Bay in Agios Nikolaos, Crete.
A traditional kafenion (Greek Cafe) with caned chairs outside the reception area sets the village ambience of this peaceful resort. The whole resort is designed to resemble an authentic Cretan village, with a clock tower square at its centre (it only chimes the daylight hours). Winding paths lead past two-storey houses daubed with pastel-tinted lime (muddy ochre, sunset pink, delft blue) that blend seamlessly with mature, lush gardens, including beautiful fruit trees (children can pick their fill).
Candia Park Village is set up for sun-soaked relaxation and family-friendly fun alike. You can laze on a lounger in the middle of the pool, indulge in a massage on the beach, and chill beneath the olive trees in the gardens. Alternatively, turn up the pace with a game of tennis, volleyball or basketball, and hit the private sandy-pebble beach to give windsurfing, scuba diving and sailing a whirl.
A luxurious light-filled apartment makes the perfect home-from-home, complete with a kitchenette where you can prepare your light meals to enjoy on your own balcony with stunnnig sea views. The hotel’s apartments have been renovated again and again by the architects Vassilis Rodatos and Alexis Tobazis in order to ensure an incredible holiday experience.
Brilliantly appointed with a breadth of luxury facilities, unique amenities and spacious balconies, the spacious sea view rooms featured in most family apartments and sea front suites in Crete emanate a sense of serenity and calm, allowing families and couples alike to find their peace of mind.
Service comes with plenty of smiles and there are several restaurants (Greek coffe shop, tavern) rooted in local culture, a glamorous pool bar, pools, and a pine-fringed beach.
Particularly well equipped for families, Candia Park Village hosts an activity-packed kids’ club – everything from crafts and cooking to treasure hunts and film screenings are on the cards for ages 4 to 12 – along with a playground and a magician.
There’s a sociable atmosphere for grown-ups too, especially when the weekly evening entertainment gets everyone dancing along to live Greek music.
A Greek Eden, this charmnig family-friendly hotel is the ultimate destination for recreation and absolute relaxation for you and your family.
- Hotel Name: Candia Park Village
- Area: Lasithi, Agios Nikolaos
- Why Go: Family-Friendly,Beach-front Setting,Beautiful Terraces and Gardens,Food & Wine,Friendly Environment,Quiet Location,Restaurant,Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- A trio of inviting pools to splash about in, a private beach, plus plenty of activities for adults and children alike.
- The hotel's unique, village-like layout – offering an authentic and homely experience.
- Staying in a spacious apartment with views over the pretty gardens.
- With Agios Nikolaos on your doorstep, it's ideal for those who want to combine a peaceful beach retreat with sallies into town for nightlife, shopping and museums.
What to know
- Often full in July and August - book early!
- The two beaches can get crowded in summer, but Candia Park Village has plenty of loungers and parasols, so you don't need to stress.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Family :|
|Pool:||Yes||Architecture & style :|
|Children:||Welcome||Marvelous view :|
|Closed:||November to March||Nice atmosphere :|