Hotel Loutro Bay & Despoina's Suites, a small family run hotel with a very generous hospitality, recently renovated rooms, a one-minute walk from the beach, cafes and restaurants, wondrous sea and mountain views, endless choice of walks and climbs, at one of the most special places in Crete - Loutro.
A wonderful scenic location, with bright airy rooms, and crisp quality at a low price. Just unique.
The hotel, created with quality, comfort and simplicity and almost all rooms have private balconies with stunning mountain and sea views.
Please note that the three upgraded Despoina's Suites are in another building just a few meters before the Loutro Bay Double Rooms.
An ideal option for couples who wants to spend their holiday by the sea at this magical place. All rooms have a private balcony-veranda, bathroom, and air conditioning.
On the ground floor of hotel there is a lovely souvenir shop with summer clothes and handmade gifts.
Gazing at the mountains, listening to the clanking goat bells, reading, swimming, endless choice of walks and climbs (visit Anopolis and the Aradena Gorge), boating trips to your choice of beach-for-the-day. Peace and quiet with no cars!
Loutro is accessible by a 20-minute trip on the ferry from Sfakia Village. This journey and arriving with the magical vision of the bay appearing before you will start restoring you to prime performance!
Loutro evokes some great emotion - produced perhaps by the unique combination of the steep, harsh, rock mountainsides - audibly decorated with the clinking of goat bells - the sun visibly changing the panorama in view as its ark lights different aspects of the slopes forming the bowl - the bay that houses Loutro, the often-warm sea, the history and the people. This magic place.
No road leads here - therefore no mopeds, cars and trucks disturb contemplation, conversation and consumption of food or drink. A port of shelter for St Paul we hear, and one of the best shelters from a stormy workplace or busy professional life.
Renting a car: As you will be taking the ferry to get to Loutro, please note that you cannot take a car with you (it is car-free), so you will need to park your car in Sfakia harbour. Of course, if you are staying at Loutro for many days, perhaps it is better to use a taxi to travel to/from Sfakia, rather than have your rental car "sit" at the parking area.
- Hotel Name: Hotel Loutro Bay
- Area: Chania, Loutro
- Why Go: Lovely Views,Mountains,Relaxed,Romantic,Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- Loutro is a perfect place to walk, flop, read, swim, paint, eat healthily, sip wine, and just poke around. Sample simple but genuinely Cretan food with kind, happy people.
- This is a sea view with a difference – the bay, the mountains, the islet edging one side of the bay, and the distant glimmer of Sfakia and Frangokastello at night.
- Maria the owner is great and very friendly. The wish that you’ll “feel very at home” during your stay is not a cliché.
- We love Loutro, the place where there are no cars...
What to know
- The only connection between Loutro and Chora Sfakion is by ferry or private boat-taxi.
- Please note that there is not elevator, means that you go to the room using the steep stairs.
- It is quite often fully booked. Book early!
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Apartments - Studios||Marvelous view :|
|Pool:||No||Cheap & Chic :|
|Dining:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Children:||Welcome||Village Atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November to March||Architecture & style :|