Pezoulia traditional guest houses is a complex of four independent units-residences (each accomodating 2-4 people) with shared pool built inside the Selakano settlement, close to the forest at an altitude of 930m, a great base to explore the east part of Crete and Dikti Mountains and the superb south beaches of Libyan Sea (15km).
Selakano is a small settlement at a blessed area with magnificent natural beauty, with many springs, little streams and breathtaking gorges, a wild forest of unique environmental importance, with pine- trees, planes, oaks, cypresses, holly trees, cretan maples pear trees, vineyards. The forest is the nesting and hunting ground of many predatory birds and other small wild animals, one of Crete’s most important eco-systems, protected by the Natura 2000 European networking programme.
Additionally the area produces some of Crete’s finest thyme honey, as well as exceptional dairy products. The whole area is always green and beautiful, ideal for trips and excursions all through the year. A dreamy destination in the heart of Crete, available for you all year long, ideal either for a cool summer vacation or a breathtaking winter experience.
Pezoulia is the cretan word for steps. It also refers to the way the cretan people make mountain areas suitable for cultivation and house building by creating several even levels on a slope, like steps on a stairs.
A great option, all year round, in order to experience the wild beauty and serenity of the Selakano landscape and the warmth cretan hospitality.
The Houses are stocked with breakfast and cooking essentials such as olive oil, pasta and honey. All guests have access to the garden, where they can taste fresh fruit and vegetables. Traditional recipes and local spirits are served at the restaurant and bar.
Please note that since June 2015 will have its own swimming pool (photos and more information soon).
- Hotel Name: Pezoulia Traditional Houses - Selakano
- Area: Lasithi, Selakano
- Why Go: Mountains,Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Quiet Location,Relaxed,Rural,Romantic,Restaurant,Village Atmosphere
Why we like it
- An ideal base to explore this beautiful region that is far from mass tourism, but without compromising on comfortable accommodation with a spectacular mountain view.
- Traditional food and homemade bread at Tavern are just delicious.
- A superb options for nature lovers, hikers and walkers (E4 Path fans).
- Maybe one of the best thyme honey in Crete.
What to know
- We recommend that you rent a car (maybe a 4x4), as other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent.
- Are you ready to enjoy the authentic cretan nature and hospitality?
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Houses||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||No||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Small Restaurant||Village Atmosphere :|