Thalassa Beach Resort is situated in charming Agia Marina, nearby (9km) picturesque town of Chania, a quiet, clean, classy, compact, modern, charming, friendly, family run, designed just for adults, small boutique hotel.
Great stylish pool area and indoors pool, nice sandy beach, wonderful spa, delicious breakfast and food, exceptional staff, stunning sea views. Surprisingly compact and easy hotel to get around in.
This adults-only hotel is sidled up next to a stretch of sand, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and Thodorou Island. You’ve got easy access to cosmopolitan Aghia Marina – it’s less than a 15-minute walk away.
What makes Thalasa Beach Resort unique is its child-free environment that guarantees maximum relaxation during your precious holidays. Enjoy your stay in a stylish setting, special designed for adults (The minimum age of guests staying in the hotel is 16 years old).
The interiors here are really smart. The marble lobby features bronze and gold accents, and it’s much of the same in the bedrooms. The hotel also has its own contemporary art gallery.
Tailor made facilities for couples like treatment rooms for two, double sun loungers, fine dining with beachfront dining options and selected day activities and night entertainment, can make your stay at Thalassa Beach Resort an unforgettable romantic experience.
The fantastic on-the-beach location of the hotel combined with the shopping area in walking distance, with a big variety of restaurants, bars and clubs, makes Thalassa Beach Resort the best choice for holidays in Chania.
Thallasa Beach Hotel is open from April to November and it’s wonderful to be here for Greek Easter, when Chania celebrates with fireworks and bonfires. If you’re keen on exploring this area without the crowds, April, May, June and September are great months, too. Fans of Greek-style all night-long throbbing nightlife will love July and August, but will need to book well in advance, especially in July and August which are the hotel’s busiest months.
- Hotel Name: Thalassa Beach Resort - Chania
- Area: Chania, Agia Marina
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting, Friendly Environment, Design, Elegant, Art & Culture, Food & Wine, Honeymoon, Lovely Views, Modern, Nightlife, Quality Of Service, Romantic, Shopping, Spa
Why we like it
- Small, modern, smart hotel with a wonderful position on the beach and wonderful tastefully decorated rooms, a very elegant and design environment.
- Thalassa Beach Resort unique is its child-free environment that guarantees maximum relaxation during your precious holidays.
- Tailor made facilities for couples like treatment rooms for two, double sun loungers, fine dining with beachfront dining options and selected day activities and night entertainment.
- A truly romantic experience.
- The beach is sandy, shallow (i.e. relatively warm in the early season) and quite sheltered.
- With Chania small town on your doorstep, it's an ideal option for those who want to combine a peaceful beach retreat with sallies into town for nightlife, shopping and museums.
What to know
- You have to prebook especially for July, August and September when the hotel is often fully booked.
- Hotel is located at a suburban area and rather touristic, but you forget all of them as soon as you step into this charming, modern small hotel.
- Junior suites have stairs to the bedroom - if you don't like stairs ask for a different kind of room.
- The beach can get crowded in summer, but Thalassa Beach Resort has plenty of loungers and parasols, so you don't need to stress.
- Please note that there are big stones in front of the sea but often these are covered by sand, depending on the waves
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Mid-Size Hotels||Beach/Seaside :|
|Rooms:||81||Architecture & style :|
|Pool:||Indoors and Outdoors||Food :|
|Children:||No||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November to March||Young Couples :|