The Rooms & Apartments
The design of Rooms (26) and Apartments (9), located in three guest houses, reflects the modern and spacious architectural design of the main building. The white Greek marble gives the rooms and bathrooms a special ambiance and chosen simple and elegant furnishings to complete the atmosphere.
Each room has air conditioning, a telephone, radio, a safe, minibar, and a balcony or terrace with a sea view. The Apartments also have a kitchenette with cooking rings and a fridge.
- Category 1 - Double Room: Sea View Double room with Double bed and bathroom with shower. A/C, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safety box, balcony.
- Category 2A - Double Room with Extra Bed: Sea View Double room with Double and single bed and bathroom with shower, A/C, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safe, balcony.
- Category 2B: Double Room & Single Room: Sea View Double Room with Double Bedroom and Single Bedroom, bathroom with shower, A/C, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safe, balcony,
- Category 3A - Apartment (3 persons): Sea View Apartment with Double bed and Single Bed, bathroom with shower, A/C, kitchen unit, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safe, balcony.
- Category 3B - Apartment (4 persons): Sea View Apartment with Double bed and 2 single beds, bathroom with shower, A/C, kitchen unit, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safe, balcony.
- Category 4 - Three Bed Room: Sea View Room with Double and Single Bed, bathroom with shower or bath, A/C, kitchen unit, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safe, balcony, sea view.
- Category 5- Four Bed Room: Sea View Room with Double bed and Two(2) single beds, bathroom with shower or bath, A/C, kitchen unit, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safe, balcony.
- Category 6 - Apartment (3 persons): Sea View Apartment with Double bed & separate Single Bedroom, bathroom with shower, A/C, kitchen unit, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safe, balcony.
- Category 7 - Apartment (5 persons): Sea View Apartment Double bed and single bed and a separate room with 2 single beds, bathroom with shower, A/C, kitchen unit, fridge/minibar, radio, telephone, safe, balcony.
A rich breakfast with plenty of variety is included in the rate. It includes freshly squeezed orange juice, Greek yogurt, sun-ripened tomatoes and olives, freshly made waffles, and a lot more.
At Plakures you have the superb option to get half-board as well.
Plakures restaurant serves very good food with well-prepared local dishes and any drinks and refreshments you might like. The restaurant offers fresh Mediterranean cuisine, Cretan delicacies, and a wide range of specialties made from Plakures' organic products such as olives and olive oil.
If you want once to dine out along the beach many small taverns offer typical Cretan dishes and fresh fish.
Kids of all ages are always welcome, especially since all the apartments are appropriate for families.
Children up to 3 years old are free of charge (no extra charge for a cot).
Children older than 12 years old are charged like an adult. During the high season, a 10 % discount is granted for children and teenagers (3 – 14 years of age).
Children are going to enjoy the integrated children’s swimming pool.
Falasarna beach has shallow waters making it suitable for families with children.
- Falasarna beach (4 Km length) is one of the most beautiful beaches of the island with stunning sunsets and well known for the crystal waters and the pink hues reflecting from the fine coral in the sand. The beach is awarded the blue flag. It has been awarded as the best beach of Crete and one of the 10 best beaches in Europe in the past. Falasarna spans a huge area and consists actually of five consecutive beaches, with the two most central being the most favorite. One negative thing about Falasarna is that it looks west and is usually wavy. However, this is desired by windsurfers. Part of the beach is highly organized and has beach umbrellas, lifeguards, showers, WC, and canteens, but the biggest part of the beach is quiet, free from umbrellas and sunbeds.
- At the northern end of the Bay of Falassarna, you can visit the remains of the ancient seaport from the fifth and fourth century BC.
- A must-see is the beautiful Elafonisi lagoon (also known as the tropical pearl of Crete) and nearby the Chrissoskalitissa monastery built on a rock looking out over the sea. Another monastery, Gonia is near the military cemetery of Maleme.
- If you love hiking, don't leave the island without passing the famous Samaria Gorge, which begins from village Omalos and ends after a walk of 18km at the beach of Agia Roumeli. The gorge is long enough, and you need 5-6 hours to pass it.
- A trip by car I would suggest: To "Therissos" - you drive through a beautiful gorge. The village itself is historic and has some good tavernas like "Andartis". But if you have time, you can continue further to Zourva and come down to Chania again via Meskla. This is a spectacular drive (if the atmosphere is clear and not too hazy), marked on some maps as unpaved - but it is now paved. Just after Zourva, there is a taverna on its own with glass windows with 360 views and good local food.
- Enjoy a tour and tasting at one of Greece’s top wineries! The Manousakis Winery has been producing its 100% organic wines under the brand name Nostos since 1997. The winery is situated just 15 minutes (driving) from the city of Chania in the village of Vatolakkos.
- Or what about a fascinating cooking workshop, a great introduction to seasonal cooking and the culture of Cretan gastronomy - cuisine? Join this experiential workshop of a 5-dish menu at Milia Traditional Village.
- Birdwatching in Crete will travel you to some of its most beautiful, isolated, and unpopulated areas, mountains, gorges, lakes particularly when you are looking for birds such as eagles, vultures, and falcons. Learn more here.
- Explore the westerly foothills of the White Mountains by car or on foot: the ancient hilltop fortress of Polyrinia and the adjacent gorge of Sirikari make an excellent day trip, as does the south coast path between Paloechora and Souyia; tougher day hikes include the world-famous Samaria gorge (open May-Oct) or the shorter Ayia Irini gorge (open all year).
- The area of Rethymno and Chania is rich in gorges, interesting and also attractive ones. In that area are the following Gorges, Aradena Gorge(a wild one), Imbros Gorge (a narrow one), and Preveli Gorge, ( full of Palm trees). And don't forget that the European path E4 passes from this area. Just follow the yellow signs.
- Visit Chania, the most beautiful town on the island, enjoy your drink at the old port or a meal in one of the restaurants of the old city. Walk in the narrow streets and see the different architectural styles of the buildings. Visit the navy museum that is situated at the port and walk to the lighthouse, this is the right point to admire the port and the city.
- The Lagoon of Ballos with the turquoise water is not far away from the villas. You can come here either by boat from Kasteli or by car. If you decide to come here by car, just have in mind that you can drive to a specific point, and then you must walk to the lagoon.
- Visit Paleochora Village, a small town built on a peninsula and the town reminds of an Aegean island. Paleochora is famous because of the beach that there are around the area. Pachia Ammos is a long sandy beach, protected by the wind, well organized with umbrellas and sunbeds. It looks busy in August, but it is so long that you can find a quiet place for your own. On the east side of town is a pebbly, quiet, less busy beach. This area begins a track that leads to many other beaches along the way. Here there are many taverns, that offer excellent food at normal prices. Here you find almost always very fresh fish.
Find more uplifting in Chania region.
- Check-in: 15.00 pm
- Check out: 11.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2 - 5 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy:
Credit card details (Visa or MasterCard) are required to charge the deposit amount in order to confirm the reservation.
No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancellation charges have to be applied.
The Balance amount is to be paid directly to Plakures Hotel at the time of stay.
- Cancellation Policy:
For all cancellations up to 31 days prior to arrival, a 50 % fee of the total price of the reserved accommodation will be charged.
Upon late arrival, early departure, not using the booked room, or cancellation of the booking within one month of the arrival date, a 75 % fee will be charged with the total price of the reserved accommodation (also if you change from half-board to breakfast)).
How To Get There
Plakures Hotel is located meters away from the long, amazing bay of Falassarna on the west coast of Crete.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Chania (68km from the Hotel) and, more frequently, to the capital Heraklion (185km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (55km from the Hotel). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: A rich breakfast with plenty of variety is included in the rate. It includes freshly squeezed orange juice, Greek yogurt, sun-ripened tomatoes and olives, freshly made waffles, and a lot more. At Plakures you have the superb option to get half-board as well. Plakures restaurant serves very good food with well-prepared local dishes and any drinks and refreshments you might like. The restaurant offers fresh Mediterranean cuisine, Cretan delicacies, and a wide range of specialties made from Plakures' organic products such as olives and olive oil.
- Internet Access: WiFi just in the main building ( 2 euros per day or 7 euros per week)
- Swimming Pool: A big swimming pool (10x15m) with an integrated children’s swimming pool (10x3m)
- Spa Treatments: Not available
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Welcome by arrangement
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English, German
- Parking: Private Parking for all the hotel guests
- Good to Know :
The reception is open between 9.00 and 14.00 and 19.00 and 21.00 o´clock.
But there is always be somebody in the restaurant (between 07.00 and 00.00) glad to help you
Credit Cards are not accepted (only Cash and Travelers' Cheques)
TV just one in the main building (not in the rooms)