- There are many unspoiled beaches within easy reach and in the nearby town of Kissamos, there are numerous shops, cafes, and tavernas. Just a short ten-minute walk from the villas will take you to the crystal clear waters of Viglia beach, where you can swim and be at one with nature.
- The Port of Kissamos is minutes away from Agios Georgios and from here, you can take a boat ride to the pirate island of Gramvousa and the world-famous Balos Lagoon.
- We do offer some great sailing cruises from Kissamos Port. Please check here Daily Sailing Cruises from Falasarna-Kissamos to Gramvousa & Balos Lagoon
- Youphoria villas are five minutes drive away from the impressive golden sands of Falasarna beach (voted one of the top five best beaches in Greece) with its unspoiled turquoise waters and an interesting archaeological site showing the Hellenistic ancient port and city.
- Visit Milia Traditional Village an authentic 17th-century mountain settlement that has been transformed into an eco-friendly tourist complex that seems to have sprouted from the lands of Crete. Enjoy a daily walking trip around Milia - 2 hours, to the gorge of Polyrhynnia – 4 hours, to the gorge of Topoliannou – 3 hours, to the gorge of Deliannou – 1.5 hours walking and 30-minute drive (26km) to reach the entrance, and don't leave this special place before you try the typical Cretan cuisine that is famous for being among the healthiest around the world at Milia's restaurant.
- Around fifty minutes drive south of Youphoria is the beautiful beach of Elafonissi where one can get lost exploring the island of Elafonissi (Deer Island) which is unique for the cedar sand dunes and unspoiled natural habitat.
- Youphoria Villa guests will also have the opportunity to walk the famous Gorge of Samaria which at 17 kilometers long, is granted as the longest in Europe.
- Try some exquisite local fresh fish and traditional dishes from the world-famous healthy Mediterranean diet at one of the local tavernas or restaurants.
- Visit Chania town (38 km), with its lovely Venetian fishing harbor ringed with cafes and tavernas. Check out the Archaeological Museum, housed in a former church, plus the romantic cobbled alleys lined with arty boutiques and a market selling local handicrafts and handmade jewelry.
- The Gorge of Therisso (named also Eleftherios Venizelos) is located near the city of Chania (15km) and deserves a visit, even with a vehicle, combined with a visit at the historical village of Therisso, that is built at the foot of the White Mountains at an altitude of 580 meters. The main gorge is six kilometers long. The vertical cliffs are impressive and the lush vegetation has nothing to envy of the other Chania Gorges.
- Don't miss to visit the nearby Botanical Park, this new and interesting venture lies only 18 kilometers outside the city of Chania, in the foothills of the magnificent White Mountains. During the hot summer months (June, July, August), the best time to schedule your visit is early in the morning to avoid the strong heat. You can complete your experience there with a delicious meal in the park’s restaurant which uses only local, organic, and seasonal produce.
- Visit Manousakis Bio Winery and join one of their fabulous tastings and tours.
- Would you like to learn more about olive oil? Just a few kilometers inland from Kolymbari and within a Protected Denomination of Origin (PDO) area, are the olive groves of the Astrikas Estate. Biolea specializes in estate-produced stone-milled and cold-pressed organic olive oil. Biolea’s stone-mill was built specifically to welcome tourists and to hold presentations and olive oil tastings. The factory stays open all year: tours are by appointment only. Tel: 28240 23281.
- Explore the small, beautiful Rethymno old town (68 km), with its cobbled streets lined by pastel-colored buildings, Ottoman-era minarets, and Italianate churches and fountains, plus the harbor guarded by an imposing 16th-century Venetian fortress.
- Catch the high-speed catamaran on a day trip at unique Santorini from Heraklion Airport which departs every day at 9:45 am and takes around 2 hours. The return ferry leaves Santorini at 6 pm each day or you may prefer to stay for a night to soak up the island's magical nighttime atmosphere. Buy your tickets through our website.
- Find more exciting activities in Chania, here!
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 10.30 am
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here!
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here!
MHTE: 1042K91002953301 &1042K91002953201
How To Get There
Youphoria Sea View Villas is located at Agios Georgios - Gramvousa in western Crete, at the Kissamos area, 60 km from Chania's nearest airport.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Chania Airport (60km) or to Heraklion Aiport (185km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (53km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through cretetravel.com
- Dining: All villas have a fully equipped kitchen that provides you everything you need to prepare your own meal and dining outdoors enjoying the lovely views.
- Internet Access: Wi-Fi access
- Swimming Pool: There are 2 infinity swimming pools each of 50 Sqm and in low season one can be heated by a Pool Heat Pump, making the water about 24 – 26°C depending on weather conditions. Pool heating is 700 euro per week extra and we request two days advance notice for this facility. A pool cover can be provided and has to be used to achieve the best pool heating effect.
- Spa Treatments: Don't miss to enjoy the “Wellness Room” at Youphoria Sea View Villas, a sanctuary of relaxation, rejuvenation and beauty for the ultimate journey that will stimulate and invigorate your senses.
- Disabled Access: Not suitable. ( Wheelchair access in Villa Abyss)
- Pets: Pets are allowed on request. Charges may be applicable.
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English.
- Parking: Private Parking Area