- There are many unspoiled beaches within easy reach and in the nearby village of Platanos, there are shops, cafes, and tavernas. Just a short ten-minute drive from the villas will take you to the crystal impressive golden sands and clear unspoiled turquoise waters of Falasarna Beach (voted one of the top five best beaches in Greece) and an interesting archaeological site showing the Hellenistic ancient port and city.
- Vasilis the owner of villas offers some of the best sailing experiences in West Crete. Learn more for this unique sailing cruise from Falasarna-Kissamos to Gramvousa & Balos Lagoon
- Visit Milia Traditional Village an authentic 17th-century mountain settlement that has been transformed into an eco-friendly tourist complex that seems to have sprouted from the lands of Crete. Enjoy a daily walking trip around Milia - 2 hours, to the gorge of Polyrhynnia – 4 hours, to the gorge of Topoliannou – 3 hours, to the gorge of Deliannou – 1.5 hours walking and 30-minute drive (26km) to reach the entrance, and don't leave this special place before you try the typical Cretan cuisine that is famous for being among the healthiest around the world at Milia's restaurant.
- Around fifty minutes' drive south of Falasarna Villas is the beautiful beach of Elafonissi where one can get lost exploring the island of Elafonissi (Deer Island) which is unique for the cedar dunes and unspoiled natural habitat.
- Falasarna Villas' guests will also have the opportunity to walk the famous Gorge of Samaria which at 17 kilometers long, is granted as the longest in Europe.
- Try some exquisite local fresh fish and traditional dishes from the world-famous healthy Mediterranean diet at one of the local tavernas or restaurants.
- Visit Chania town (47km), with its lovely Venetian fishing harbor ringed with cafes and tavernas. Check out the Archaeological Museum, housed in a former church, plus the romantic cobbled alleys lined with arty boutiques and a market selling local handicrafts and handmade jewelry.
- The Gorge of Therisso (named also Eleftherios Venizelos) is located near the city of Chania (15km) and deserves a visit, even with a vehicle, combined with a visit at the historic village of Therisso, that is built at the foot of the White Mountains at an altitude of 580 meters. The main gorge is six kilometers long. The vertical cliffs are impressive and the lush vegetation has nothing to envy of the other Chania Gorges.
- Don't miss to visit the nearby Botanical Park, this new and interesting venture lies only 18 kilometers outside the city of Chania, in the foothills of the magnificent White Mountains. During the hot summer months (June, July, August), the best time to schedule your visit is early in the morning to avoid the strong heat. You can complete your experience there with a delicious meal in the park’s restaurant which uses only local, organic and seasonal produce.
- Would you like to learn more about olive oil? Just a few kilometers inland from Kolymbari and within a Protected Denomination of Origin (PDO) area, are the olive groves of the Astrikas Estate. Biolea specializes in estate-produced stone-milled and cold-pressed organic olive oil.Biolea's stone-mill was built specifically to welcome tourists and to hold presentations and olive oil tastings. The factory stays open all year: tours are by appointment only. Tel: 28240 23281.
- Explore the small, beautiful Rethymno old town (105km), with its cobbled streets lined by pastel-colored buildings, Ottoman-era minarets, and Italianate churches and fountains, plus the harbor guarded by an imposing 16th-century Venetian fortress.
- Catch the high-speed catamaran on a day trip at unique Santorini from Heraklion Airport which departs every day at 9:45 am and takes around 2 hours. The return ferry leaves Santorini at 6 pm each day or you may prefer to stay for a night to soak up the island's magical nighttime atmosphere.
- More uplifting activities in Chania Region.
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 11.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 3-7 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy:
With these villas, a ~ 20% deposit is charged upon confirmation on a credit card.
No additional charges will be made to the credit card unless cancelation charges have to be applied.
Balance amount is to be paid directly to Falasarna Villas upon your arrival.
Payment can be made by cash or credit card. Accepted credit cards are: Visa, Euro / MasterCard
- Cancellation Policy:
Up to 30 days before arrival you will be charged 20% of the entire stay.
If canceled or modified later than that or if you don’t show up, you will be charged the full amount of the booking
How To Get There
The Falasarna Villas are outside of the village of Platanos, Kissamos province, 47km west of Chania. From Souda port or Chania-Akrotiri airport by car is approximately 50 minutes.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Chania (47km) and, more frequently, to the capital Heraklion (184km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via the partner website.
- By Sea
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (53km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: The House has a fully equipped kitchen that provides you everything you need to prepare your meal and dining outdoors enjoying the lovely views. A dining area and BBQ facilities are available on the terrace.
- Internet Access: Free WiFi throughout
- Swimming Pool: Each villa has a private swimming pool(50 m2), equipped with sunbeds and umbrellas, private garden with flowers and herbs. Panoramic sea view from the garden. The swimming pool is10m length
- Spa Treatments: A beautiful room has been created in each villa where guests can enjoy a sauna and massage in complete privacy. Guests relax in the hands of a physical therapist and beautician specialists. ( upon request).
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Free private parking
- Nearby Supermarket: 1km Platanos Village