description Book now
Boat Trip to the best beaches of South Chania, starting in Chora Sfakion (or Loutro), we set off for the furthest beaches of the day, Domata, Agios Pavlos, Marmara, Loutro, Sweet Water, Fournoti and Kalogeros.
- Full Day
- Speedboat Trips
- Wildlife & Nature
The distant view of Crete from the boat enables us to take in the island´s majestic high peaks and imposing gorges that plummet into the deep blue sea.
A memorable experience, an excursion not to be missed! This boat day trip to and around the southernmost island of both Greece and Europe starts in the port of Chora Sfakion and includes spending time on 3 or 4 remote beaches of stunning natural beauty.
Starting from Chora Sfakion (or Loutro), we head for the furthest beaches of the day, Kalogeros, Fournoti, and Domata.
Kalogeros is an idyllic and absolutely secluded beach with no amenities at all since the only access is by boat. There are some pine trees around and a small cave, under which you can find shade and camp. The name Kalogeros comes from the greek word καλόγερος which means monk. The beach is named after a huge vertical rock that reminds me of a monk, which is located in the sea.
Fournoti is an amazing, unorganized beach accessible only by boat too, with deep blue water, fine pebbles, and plenty of pine trees around the beach.
Domata, is an idyllic, unorganized beach accessible only by boat too, with crystal clear blue waters, fine pebbles, and plenty of pine trees along the beach. The beach is named after the staggered arrangement of conglomerate rocks that remind of huge walls and have created due to the action of water.
With a 99% chance of there being nobody else on the beach, we enjoy an undisturbed, great swim. Then, we head back along the coastline stopping at any remote beach we wish! We visit the Byzantine chapel of Agios Pavlos on its deserted beach and stop for lunch at the marble beach of Marmara or at the picturesque fishing village of Loutro.
Agios Pavlos (Saint Paul) an incredible beach with gray and brown sand, hidden in an amazing small pine forest at the exit of the wild Eligia Gorge. The beach is totally secluded from civilization since the only possible to come here is by boat or by long trekking along the E4 European Path that runs beside the sea.
Finally, we have the last swim at the refreshing Sweet Water (Glyka Nera) beach before returning back to Sfakia.
- 1140.00 Euros with Skipper Luxury Open 12m (1 - 11 People)
- 750.00 Euros with Marvel 10 m (1 - 9 People)
- 650.00 Euros with Open Rib 6m (1 - 5 People)
- fuel for the specified trip
- soft drinks + water on board + finger food
Does not include
- alcoholic drinks
- lunch in taverna extra (can be arranged)
- Starts at 11:00 * from Chora Sfakion (Sfakia) - departure time is flexible
- Back at 19:00
- Boats used: Skipper Luxury Open 12m (1 - 11 People), Marvel 10 m (1 - 9 People) and Open Rib 6m (1 - 5 People)
- Max number of people/boat: 11
- Captain included: Yes
- Sunshade available onboard: Yes
- Number of beaches visited: 3-4
- Suitable for children: Yes
- Lunch stop: Yes
- If you cancel a reservation due to personal reasons up to (not incl) 15 days before the reservation date, any paid amount is fully refunded.
- If you cancel 15 days (incl) or less before the reservation date, NO amount is refunded.
- PLEASE NOTE: For ALL reservations between 15/7 and 15/9 (inclusive) if you cancel due to personal reasons during these dates, NO refund is possible (no matter the cancellation date).
- If weather conditions are too severe, our partner will judge if it is not possible to provide you with the boat trip.
- Weather conditions are determined 1-4 days before the reserved date.
- The reservation date can be modified, depending on availability.
- Please note that weather conditions in the area of Chora Sfakion can be different than in other areas.
The reviews for the Boat Trip To Best Beaches of South Chania - Domata, Kalogeros, Agios Pavlos
Reviews ( 2 )
Kalimera Yiannis, I hope you are well, I would like to say big thank you for helping us to organise our day the best possible way. We have been really happy with your services, our boat driver done amazing job, he is very nice and charming person. Everything was on time and we really did enjoy our trip to Marmara beach. My boys are in love with Crete. I didn't expect everything will go so smoothly and we will have such a beautiful day. Thank you once again, all the best and hopefully see you again. I will definitely keep your contact details in case we decide to visit Crete once again. Best regards, Ewa
Hello Yiannis, Thank you for your email. Our holidays were perfect! It was our first time in Sfakia area and we were just stunned by amazing views and "the great blue". I couldn't imagine that many shades of blue! We didn't plan to go to Glyka Nera but thank to Damulis we decided to check and it was wonderful. There is no single thing I would change that day- you are doing really good job. Next time I come I would definitely try climbing in Agiofarago or Monte Vardia, and maybe Ha gorge and from what I saw- Marmara has potential for deep water soloing. Hoping to visit Crete some time soon! Magda