- It is said that the west side of Crete is the most beautiful part of the island because it is very green and it has many nice beaches.
- Thalassa Beach Resort is situated on this part of the island and very close to Chania city. The adults-only hotel offers a seafront location and swish pool scene, just a short walk from Aghia Marina. Lots of restaurants, Greek taverns, cafes, and shops can be found in Agia Marina, Agia Marina has interesting nightlife and a peaceful village atmosphere at the same time! In Agia Marina beach there are several water sport activities like beach volleyball, windsurfing, kite surfing, jet skiing, parasailing, and many others. Here you can warm yourself with the Cretan sun and local hospitality.
- Splash about in the pool or the sandy shallows of the bay right in front of the hotel; there are sunbeds and parasols for shade.
- Visit Chania, the most beautiful city on the island, enjoy your drink at the old port or a meal in one of the restaurants of the old city. Walk in the narrow streets and see the different architectural styles of the buildings. Visit the naval museum that is situated at the port and walk to the lighthouse, this is the right point to admire the port and the city. Enjoy live Cretan folk music over dinner at many of the tavernas; or browse through the souvenir shops – leather goods, jewelry, and more others.
- A trip by car I would suggest: To "Therissos" - you drive through a beautiful gorge. The village itself is historic and has some good tavernas like "Andartis". But if you have time, you can continue further to Zourva and come down to Chania again via Meskla. This is a spectacular drive (if the atmosphere is clear and not too hazy), marked on some maps as unpaved - but it is now paved. Just after Zourva there is a taverna on its own with glass windows with 360 views and good local food.
- Samaria Gorge is the longest gorge in Europe, if you like gorges, walk through this gorge and the experience will be unique. It is a long gorge, 16km, and you need about 6 hours to pass it, which means that it is not allowed to walk the long way if you have any health problem. If you think that 16km is too many, you can see the last part of the gorge. You have to drive to Chora Sfakion and then you take the boat to Agia Roumeli, where is the exit of the gorge, you just have to walk a few kilometers in the gorge, at least till the most narrow point "portes".
- Next to Samaria gorge, there is another gorge, shorter but very beautiful because it is very narrow in some points. This is Imbros gorge and you need just 2 hours to pass it. You can combine this walk, with swimming in Fragokastelo beach, as it is very close to the exit of the gorge.
- Falasarna, is a very long beach that is located on the west part of the island, 44km from your hotel, What makes this beach so unique, is the length, you can walk along the sandy beach for a lot of time. Or drive 2 hours southwest to Elafonisi (try and get there before the afternoon crowds), or 1 hour west the well-known Balos Beach (the latter requires a short hike or a boat from Kastelli)
- The island of Agii Theodori is located very close to the Hotel. You can reserve a one-day cruise to visit the island that is a refuge for the typical Cretan goats " kri-kri".
- For those who love horse riding, there is a horse riding center in Akrotiri, that organizes daily excursions in that area. You just need to make a reservation.
- Take a day trip to Knossos (about 2 hours' drive each way), the seat of the Minoan palace culture and legendary home of the labyrinth and Minotaur, stop off for at Heraklion Town and visit the Archaeological Museum and Naturam Museum of Crete. maybe one of Heraklion's excellent restaurants, and enjoy a tour of its imposing Venetian sea walls.
- More uplifting activities in Chania Region.
- Check-in: 14.00 pm
- Check out: 12.00 pm
- Minimum Stay: 2-3 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy: Please check here
- Cancellation Policy: Please check here
How To Get There
Thalassa Beach Resort Hotel is located right on the sandy beach of Agia Marina, and just 9km from Chania's picturesque town.
- By Air
From April through October there are direct charter flights to Chania (25 km from the hotel) or Heraklion airport (147 km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Boat
"The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (18 km from the hotel). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: At Thalassa Beach Resort you can start your day with a nutritious breakfast, choosing from a big variety of goods from the buffet. Light Snacks are served all day – even under your beach umbrella! At “Ouzaki” beach taverna, you can explore the Greek cuisine in a multicolored palette of tasty “mezedes” dishes and drink ouzo or raki next to the sea. When the sun sets, “Elaion” a-la-carte restaurant, opens its doors for a romantic fine-dining experience with dishes inspired by the traditional Greek cuisine and in a creative and stylish way presented (dress code formal - non-smoking). Breakfast is available from 07.30 to 10.30 AM. Lunch from 12.00 to 17.00 PM and Dinner from 19.00 to 23.00 PM. Snacks are served from 10.00 to 23.00. The main bar (operates when the pool bar is closed) is opened from 09.00 to 01.00 AM. Pool Bar from 09.00 to 01.00 AM. Room Service available from 07.30 to 23.00.
- Internet Access: High-speed WiFi and Wired Internet free of charge in every room and throughout the hotel. Laptop rental available / 12.00 Euros per day. In addition, there is an internet room with 2 PC available, free of charge
- Beach & Swimming Pools: The swimming pool has a bit of a beach club feel, thanks to its seaside position, smart wooden decking, and stylish white loungers. Next to the pool, there is a swim-up bar and a neighboring whirlpool. There’s an indoor pool, which you’ll find in the spa area. It has a whirlpool close by, so you'll have the option to have a peaceful swim or to relax in bubbles. Sunbeds with a mattress on the sandy beach and pool area (pool's depth 1.40 m) with beach towels. Double sunbeds for couples under gazebos. Waiter service on the beach. Outdoor Jacuzzi next to the pool. The heated indoor pool is available on request.
- Spa Treatments: Thalassa Spa offers a delightful journey of relaxation and pampering based on the ancient maxims and the philosophy of well-being. Therapists of spa offer a wide range of indulgent facial and body treatments that will promote a feeling of vitality and guide them down the path of wellness, tranquility, and rejuvenation. At the spa, you can book in for treatments like four-hand massages, and chocolate bliss body wraps. There’s a list of therapies designed especially for couples, plus you can get a massage on the beach. You get to use the hotel’s gym for free, and you can pay a bit extra to visit the spa's thermal suite’. It includes an indoor pool and hot tub, a sauna, an experience shower, and relaxation areas.
- Romantic Services: Romantic Day Trip with Sailboat, Romantic Day Trip with Cruiser, Romantic professional Photo shooting, Honeymooners packages, Spa packages for couples, Romantic packages including meals, treatments, and special services
- Disabled Access: There is access to all areas. One room available with connecting door to a standard double room
- Pets: Not allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English, German
- Parking: Parking place just out of the Hotel, for Hotel's guests ( 6 parking spaces ) and an indoor parking area ( 12 parking spaces)
- Art Gallery: Staying in Thalassa Beach Resort gives you the privilege of staying next to the biggest art gallery in Crete. Located on the ground floor of the hotel, Mare Gallery offers a 200 square meters “white cube” where Greek and International artists present their work. Original art pieces are also presented in the lobby of Thalassa Beach Resort offering guests a colorful bridge to contemporary art.
- Conference Facilities: Mare gallery can also accommodate conferences, seminars, or banqueting functions. Please ask us for more information about the services offered
- Good to know: Day use up to 18.00 is 30.00 Euros. Changing rooms available. Sandy beach is 15m in length and 43m in breadth. Receptions operate 24h. International newspapers are available.