The Old Fishermen's House Anatolika is a simple but charming cottage perfect for escapists and is located a few meters away from a beautiful secluded sandy beach on the south of Rethimno-Crete, nearby Kerames Village and just 2.8 km away from the superb Preveli Palm Beach and Monastery.
This simple one storey cottage sits in its own shady garden, just a short walk from the beach and, although the East of Preveli Villas (same owner) are on the hillside above, there is a complete privacy and the only views from the cottage are out across the Libyan Sea, making it feel truly secluded.
Sensational sea views, harmony with nature tranquility, serenity, peace of mind, relaxation, isolation far from the noises of crowds, great sandy beaches, hiking along the beach, minutes away from Preveli Beach, Triopetra Beach, Ligres Beach and many more.
The interior of the cosy cottage is simple and uncluttered, it features two (2) bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with 2 single beds sharing a tiled bathroom, with a shower. Furthermore there is a large open plan kitchen dinning room. There is air-conditioning, Satellite TV and the open plan kitchen iis fully fitted with a cooker, fridge and microwave. The cottage has a large patio to its front with patio furniture, facing the sea. It is surrounded by a large garden with palm trees and a variety of plants.
You will love to spend your time here, enjoying the stunning sea views, reading a book or just "dreaming". Sun beds are provided for placing in the shade of the palms and mulberries and there is an attractive covered pergola, an ideal spot for reading. The covered veranda is furnished for dining too, and meters away you will find a stone built barbeque and a wood-burning oven made of local stones.
South Rethymno a a very unique area still unspoilt by tourism, the views and the many secluded beaches around are maybe some of the best in Crete.
The nearest tavernas and mini-market are just three kilometers along the coast at Ammoudi and the Beach of Preveli and the biggest one at Kerame Village. For more serious shopping, eating and banking, you have to get to Spili Village which is a 15.2km drive although there are a handful of tavernas in the villages en route.
A car is considered to be essential due to the cottage's location and in order to explore this unspoilt area.
- Hotel Name: The Old Fishermen’s House Anatolika - South Rethimno
- Area: Rethimno, Agia Fotini
- Why Go: Beach-front Setting,Friendly Environment,Lovely Views,Quiet Location,Relaxed,Romantic
Why we like it
- An inviting and warm place, quiet and isolated, like home with magnificent sea views.
- Eleni the owner is going to welcome you with smile and willing to answer all you questions and provide with all the valuable information about area, Crete.
- Just a superb location to enjoy this still untouched part of Crete.
What to know
- We recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent (you cannot reach East Preveli Villas by public transport).
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Rooms:||1||Marvelous view :|
|Pool:||Νο||Young Couples :|
|Dining:||Νο||Family hospitality :|
|Children:||Welcome||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November to March||Family :|