Built in 5 months by a team of fifty craftsmen, around an original factory-come-olive press and the remains of 13 to 17th century village houses. Spilia Village is the true Cretan country village inn.
Spilia Village Traditional Hotel is a place of good quality, built of stone and finished with timbers, pleasant, but uncluttered decor. 4000 square meters, thirty rooms, four of them suites, await.
Rooms have neat and pleasing style and suites are specially so - all finished with much woodwork and stone. Bathrooms are modern, with shower or bathtub. All rooms have air conditioning, telephone, radio, TV, mini bar, whirlpool or air massage in the bathrooms.
Because of the architecture of this cluster of buildings, views and terraces for each room vary greatly. Some have shared balcony or terrace, some small wooden/metal balconies, some have no balcony or terrace (these are normally on a high floor). Views are to the village street (by the entrance), to the pool (some rooms have ground floor terrace near the pool), across the pool to the village and surrounding hills.
One can wander around the village of Spilia, be on the beach in ten minutes and sitting at the waterfront in Chania in less than half an hour.
The nearby Kolymbari Village sets the stage for hills and mountains between the north coast and Paleochora. Has many remarkably untouched villages, interesting beaches and uncrowded areas.
The hillsides are lush and have wonderful fruit trees and nature thrives. Kolymbari village by the sea offers a long beach, shops, many tavernas and an exceptional cafe on the waterfront (open year round), as well as the fascinating Odigitrias Gonias Monastery with worthwhile icons.
Spilia village also offers the ideal choice for meetings, events and small groups up to 20 persons in a warm environment of tranquillity and isolation. Ask for more information.
Good to know : The hotel restaurant is open for dinner April to mid October and Satellite TV reaches some rooms - let us know if this is important to you.
- Hotel Name: Spilia Village Traditional Hotel
- Area: Chania, Spilia
- Why Go: Countryside,Friendly Environment,Peaceful Rural Setting in Village,Pool,Relaxed,Family-Friendly,Food & Wine
Why we like it
- The experience of a village in Crete.
- An ideal base to explore unique West-Crete and a few of the best beaches on the island.
- Friendly and informative staff handpicked from the surrounding villages, and always there to help and provide all the valuable information
What to know
- Because of the architecture of this cluster of buildings, views and terraces for each room vary greatly. Some have shared balcony or terrace, some small wooden/metal balconies, some have no balcony or terrace (these are normally on a high floor). Views are to the village street (by the entrance), to the pool (some rooms have ground floor terrace near the pool), across the pool to the village and surrounding hills.
- You need to rent a car in order to explore surroundings and this beautiful region of Crete.
|Hotel Information||Recommended For|
|Type:||Small Hotels & Inns||Village Atmosphere :|
|Pool:||Indoor / Outdoor Pool||Family hospitality :|
|Dining:||Yes||Nice atmosphere :|
|Closed:||November-March||Architecture & style :|