- Drapanias Village is one of the most beautiful and traditional places in Chania. Τhe village is located on a hill with a memorable view and also is very close to the beach. In Drapanias you will find the Venetian villa, Trevisan. It is one of the 120 feudal houses, of Venetian and Cretan origin, which exist in many places of Crete. This is a Renaissance building with great architecture, whose building is influenced by local facts and the tradition of the island that was held. Although Trevisan villa is in ruins and missing the intermediate floor and roof, it withstands the test of time remaining extremely imposing.
- There are many unspoiled beaches within easy reach and in the nearby town of Kissamos, there are numerous shops, cafes, and tavernas. Just a short ten-minute walk from the villas will take you to the crystal clear waters of Viglia beach, where you can swim and be at one with nature.
- Visit one of the best wineries in Crete, Manousakis Winery, and join one of the tours, tastings.
- The Port of Kissamos is minutes away from Drapanias and from here, you can take a boat ride to the pirate island of Gramvousa and the world-famous Balos Lagoon.
- Join us for one of the best sailing cruises to Balos Lagoon & Gramvousafrom Kissamos Port
Enjoy a day at the impressive golden sands of Falasarna Beach (voted one of the top five best beaches in Greece) with its unspoiled turquoise waters and an interesting archeological site showing the Hellenistic ancient port and city.
- Visit Milia Traditional Village an authentic 17th-century mountain settlement that has been transformed into an eco-friendly tourist complex that seems to have sprouted from the lands of Crete. Enjoy a daily walking trip around Milia - 2 hours, to the gorge of Polyrhynnia – 4 hours, to the gorge of Topoliannou – 3 hours, to the gorge of Deliannou – 1.5 hours walking and 30-minute drive (26km) to reach the entrance, and don't leave this special place before you try the typical Cretan cuisine that is famous for being among the healthiest around the world at Milia's restaurant.
- Around fifty minutes drive south of Villa Elvina is the beautiful beach of Elafonissi where one can get lost exploring the island of Elafonissi (Deer Island) which is unique for the cedar sand dunes and unspoiled natural habitat.
- Villa Ellvina guests will also have the opportunity to walk the famous Gorge of Samaria which at 17 kilometers long, is granted as the longest in Europe.
- Visit Chania Town (38 km), with its lovely Venetian fishing harbor ringed with cafes and tavernas. Check out the Archeological Museum, housed in a former church, plus the romantic cobbled alleys lined with arty boutiques and a market selling local handicrafts and handmade jewelry.
- The Gorge of Therisso (named also Eleftherios Venizelos) is located near the city of Chania (15km) and deserves a visit, even with a vehicle, combined with a visit to the historical village of Therisso, that is built at the foot of the White Mountains at an altitude of 580 meters. The main gorge is six kilometers long. The vertical cliffs are impressive and the lush vegetation has nothing to envy of the other Chania Gorges.
- Don't miss to visit the nearby Botanical Park, this new and interesting venture lies only 18 kilometers outside the city of Chania, in the foothills of the magnificent White Mountains. During the hot summer months (June, July, August), the best time to schedule your visit is early in the morning to avoid the strong heat. You can complete your experience there with a delicious meal in the park’s restaurant which uses only local, organic, and seasonal produce.
- Would you like to learn more about olive oil? Join us for an Olive Oil Tasting Tours at Pallada Mill. Experience how Pallada Mill produces one of the best cold-pressed extra virgin olive oils in Crete.
- Explore the small, beautiful Rethymno Old Town (88km), with its cobbled streets lined by pastel-colored buildings, Ottoman-era minarets, and Italianate churches and fountains, plus the harbor guarded by an imposing 16th-century Venetian fortress.
- Catch the high-speed catamaran on a day trip at unique Santorini from Heraklion Airport which departs every day at 9:45 am and takes around 2 hours. The return ferry leaves Santorini at 6 pm each day or you may prefer to stay for a night to soak up the island's magical nighttime atmosphere. You could book your tickets through our website.
- More uplifting activities in Chania area.
- Check-in: 16.00 (subject to availability)
- Check out: 11.00 (subject to availability)
- Minimum Stay: 5-7 nights, depending on the season
- Payment Policy:
With this, a 30% deposit is charged upon confirmation on a credit card and the balance is payable 2 months before arrival by credit card.
Late Payment Policy :
With these villas, we normally charge a 30% deposit on confirmation and the balance is payable 2 months before arrival.
If it is less than 2 months before arrival, the total is payable now, on confirmation
- Cancellation Policy:
All amounts paid are Not refundable in the event of cancellation or if you are unable to take up the accommodation.
How To Get There
Villa Elvina is located at the small village of Drapanias, 51km from Chania's nearest airport.
- By Air
From May through mid-October there are direct charter flights to Chania Airport (51km) or Heraklion Airport (168km). Tickets can be bought in advance for almost all flights via our partner website.
- By Sea
The journey is the thing". A superb way of enjoying the journey to Crete is to fly to Athens and take the ferry from Piraeus (Pireas) - the port serving Athens. A still-romantic way to travel by the overnight ferry from Piraeus to Chania-Souda port (38km). Tickets can be bought in advance for all ferries via our partner website.
- By Car
If you want to explore the region while you're here, we recommend that you rent a car, other means of transport are limited and/or infrequent. We suggest our sister website Crete-Car-Rental.com, which offers competitive prices and you can collect your car at either airport.
- By Taxi
Book your taxi transfer online easily and safely from the airport or port to any location via our partner website.
Detailed directions will be sent to you when you book through CreteTravel.com
- Dining: Dining area for 6-8 people and a fully equipped kitchen with branded electric devices and other modern facilities. You'll eat (breakfast and dinner) outside most of the time, on a lovely decked dining terrace facing the pool and sunset. Also in Drapanias Village, there are a few, but famous fish taverns and traditional restaurants, a bakery, a mini-market, and a winery.
- Internet Access: Wi-fi Internet
- Swimming Pool: Private infinity swimming pool 80 m2 pool -1.45m depth (Children's Pool 12 m2 - 0.30 depth)
- Smoking policy: Smoking is prohibited inside the villas however, smoking is permitted in the outside areas
- Spa Treatments: Massage - Aromatherapy Massage (On Request - Extra cost)
- Disabled Access: Not suitable
- Pets: Not Allowed
- Languages Spoken: Greek, English
- Parking: Private parking space
- Welcome Basket (upon arrival): Traditional Hamper