description Book now
The ideal itinerary for the discerning visitor. Enjoy fine quality and the most magical of times at these unique, boutique hotels and see the wonders and variety of Crete.
- Tailor Made
- Gastronomy (Wine Tastings & Cooking Workshops)
- Sea Kayak
- History & Culture
- Speedboat Trips
You are visiting Crete and you would like to experience the highlights of the island in style - where do you start?
Which are the ideal luxury hotels and suites where you will truly enjoy your stay and use as a base for exploring the contrasts and delights of the island, even if you stay for just a week?
We suggest the perfect itinerary:
Small, intimate, hotels with character, design & charm and the luxury level of rooms and service you desire.
Drink in the views and create your own memories of panoramas, delicious foods, and relaxing, cordial hospitality. Drive yourself for the ultimate feeling of freedom and discovery or reserve a deluxe car with a driver.
Chania : Venetian harbour and old town
The old walled Chania Town invites the visitor to become lost amongst its theatrical bustle of shops, markets, tavernas, bars, and village street life.
The town is a beautiful puzzle of Minoan, Venetian, and Turkish architecture punctuated by hidden squares.
- Archaeological Museum (on Halidon Street) in an old Venetian church, with a fine collection of sculpture, mosaics, and pottery dating back to Neolithic times.
- Naval Museum In the Firkas fortress on the harbor, see Chania's naval history, complete with excellent models and displays - the history of Crete in an hour's visit.
- The Agora. This huge ninety-year-old covered market offers fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, and meat, as well as Cretan gifts and souvenirs.
- Maybe you would like to read our travel guide of Chania Town for more details and suggested travel tips.
The most luxurious and interesting places to stay in Chania:
- Casa Delfino : the only one of its kind in Crete, the splendor of a wealthy Venetian merchant's palace.
- Monastery Estate Venetian Harbor : a small boutique hotel with 11 suites, a wonderful small restaurant, a unique spa, an original Turkish Hamam, an indoor swimming pool enclaved to ceiling height venetian arches... a truly exceptional and tasteful hotel with a rare calm quality - and yet be in the heart of the special town of Chania.
- Domicile Chania Venetian Residence : a historic, one-bedroom residence located in the “Palazzo del Rettore”, one of Chania’s oldest and most significant national monuments.
- Αmmos Boutique-Design Hotel : a stylish mini-resort with smart design, attention to every detail, instinctive hospitality, great food.
Heraklion: The centre of Crete
A must stop for the Archaeological Museum, a visit to Knossos, the award-winning restored village of Archanes, the fascinating Natural History Museum and the History Museum. Venture out to the Kazantzakis Museum.
Enjoy Heraklion's most exceptional, mouth-watering restaurants and chic cafes, shops, and bars. Take a day trip to Santorini (May to September).
Also, an excellent, centrally located, base for more exploration:
- South to Gortys, Phaestos & Agia Triada archaeological sites.
- On to Matala, Agia Galini and the south coast's beach towns and... the beaches!
- Zaros with its lake and gorge, Kroussonas mountain village, Anogia and Axos both historic villages.
- The very different Lassithi Plateau - going east.
- Rethymno old town and fortress, only one and a half hour's drive west.
- Agarathou, Palliani, Epanosifi, Vrondisi Monasteries.
- Maybe you would like to read our travel guide of Heraklion Town for more details and suggested travel tips.
For the discerning traveller, the desirable base is GDM Megaron Luxury Hotel. an exclusive five-star hotel ideally located in the heart of business and shopping district overlooking the old harbor and within walking distance of the Archaeological and Historical museums.
Another great option could be Lato Boutique Hotel The best interiors of all Heraklion hotels, charming and friendly staff, professional and warm service. Chic and stylish.
Aquila Atlantis Hotel : is Heraklion's largest luxury hotel. Located in the heart of Iraklion city and within 200 meters from the Archaeological...
Agios Nikolaos & Elounda : Neighbours in the gateway to eastern Crete
Agios Nikolaos is a picturesque, quieter town with an interesting harbor, marina, and lake. It has many restaurants and enjoyable pedestrian-only shopping streets.
Elounda is both the luxury center of Crete and the neighbor of Agios Nikolaos.
- Plaka village with fish tavernas at the water's edge.
- Mochlos, a small, picturesque fishing village.
- Tholos quiet beach, Kritsa mountain village for woven linens.
- Gournia archaeological site, Spinalonga historic isle by boat, Olous sunken ancient site, fascinating Toplou and Faneromeni Monasteries, Vai-Itanos-Hiona impressive beaches, Sitia, Ierapetra.
- Τhe extensive Zakros Minoan palace.
St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas : is a small quality hotel in Agios Nikolaos, Crete. If it is to be a special hotel, we say it should have some atmosphere, character, and style - St. Nicolas Bay achieves all of this together with very high standards of service, location and design.
Minos Beach Art Hotel, luxurious stay in minimalist surroundings, a little piece of magic and tranquility in lovely Crete... a place to experience...
Just contact us and we will design with you, your own luxury tour of Crete to be the ultimate traveler's delight.
We are here to help you.
The reviews for the Luxury Tour Crete